ADVERTISEMENT

Republican Georgia election official calls on Trump and GOP to stop inciting violence

Do you take your clown suit off in the evening or is the makeup permanent now?
You are normalizing things that should never be. Nobody sane endorses Antifa or anyone else burning cities. But I notice you never mention anything about white hate groups and militia. Why is that?

If a ground of armed black men stormed a state capital you would be up in arms.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
No lurker, the time to draw the line on incivility was when GOP Congressman were literally being shot. Where the heck were you at that time?

Maybe it should be drawn at harassing people at dinner? Where were you?

You guys get selectively outraged based on who is being uncivil. Posters like me were bitching about this stuff 3 years ago and posters like you said it was ok to threaten civil servants, throw water in their face, etc. Maxine Waters called for more of it. And now that it appears your side is back in charge, now is the time to be civil and play nice. Nah bro. I won't engage in that behavior but I also feel zero responsibility to protect Democrats from the very same things they cheerlead for the past 4 years.

I am my problem and I am not doing any of the things you guys are whining about. So not my problem. I am going to act like you did the past 4 years and ignore it when not convenient to my world view.

Plus 100%

Funny thing is antifa just means anti-fascist.

Wonder if that means they are pro-fascist? That could explain a lot.

Donald%2BTrump%2B-%2Bsheep%2Bwith%2BMAGA%2Bhats%2B-%2Bphoto%2Bcredit%252C%2BDaily%2BKos.jpg

Reactions: DrHoops
I don't care what it's about. Calling all of us racists is always going to get a comment from me. I don't agree with IUCrazy on a lot of what he's posting here, but the overuse of the word "racist" is really ridiculous. I've had enough of that too.

IUCrazy is being a bit of an asshole to make a point. Do I really think that people should be threatened...enh, probably not. However, I do believe our election system is broken and individuals like this guy oversee that system so I am fine with them being criticized.

Also however, these new calls for civility are going to fall on deaf ears. IUHickory being an example in this thread of the type of "civility" that conservatives have faced the past 4 (and really more, but the crazy really dialed up the past 4) years. The Democrats don't get to act the way they did the past 4 years, "win" an election, and then think we all fall in line. No thank you.

Maybe a little harassment at dinner and things of that nature will help the political leadership of the left see the error of their ways.

In the meantime, Crazy doesn't care what right wing whackos do. I do fully mean that. They are as much my problem as Antifa was the problem of the posters here.

Reactions: stollcpa
IUCrazy is being a bit of an asshole to make a point. Do I really think that people should be threatened...enh, probably not. However, I do believe our election system is broken and individuals like this guy oversee that system so I am fine with them being criticized.

Also however, these new calls for civility are going to fall on deaf ears. IUHickory being an example in this thread of the type of "civility" that conservatives have faced the past 4 (and really more, but the crazy really dialed up the past 4) years. The Democrats don't get to act the way they did the past 4 years, "win" an election, and then think we all fall in line. No thank you.

Maybe a little harassment at dinner and things of that nature will help the political leadership of the left see the error of their ways.

In the meantime, Crazy doesn't care what right wing whackos do. I do fully mean that. They are as much my problem as Antifa was the problem of the posters here.
Did you really just refer to yourself in the 3rd person?

tenor.gif

You are normalizing things that should never be. Nobody sane endorses Antifa or anyone else burning cities. But I notice you never mention anything about white hate groups and militia. Why is that?

If a ground of armed black men stormed a state capital you would be up in arms.

I hereby denounce the KKK and white supremacist groups. I believe their ideals are antithetical to a free and open society. I denounce any violence done in their name that has occurred or may occur in the future.

Your turn, denounce Antifa's beliefs and tactics.

Armed black men are fine to storm a statehouse as long as they don't shoot anyone. Contrary to popular belief about conservatives by many here, I don't find minorities "scary". I wish they would storm city hall in places like Chicago or Baltimore, maybe they would actually be heard by the people who supposedly represent them at that point.

Reactions: stollcpa
He's pissed.

This move by the Arizona governor also indicates how Republicans are gradually leaving Trump:

And of course here's the mature way that Trump reacted.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Yes, that is always the fall back. Sorry guys, the rules changed over the last 4 years. Your side rioted, said an election was stolen, and various other nonsense like harassing people at restaurants...both popular and political figures and regular old people out having dinner who were not sufficiently supplicant to BLM. Your side got a GOP Congressman shot (and no you don't get to disavow that, it was the heated rhetoric from the left that caused that, it is the standard that you all use against the right so it shall be used on you).

When property starts getting destroyed, people start getting attacked, people are harassed at dinner, cities are taken over and autonomous zones are set up, and political leaders are attacked...then we will have the right finally caught up with the left. I am not going to worry about "ideas" because right now you all are a'twitter about words when you gleefully ignored actual actions the past 4 years. By the by, your side was wargaming secession if they lost this election.

So yes, you are talking about false equivalencies...on your side of this argument.

So again, I don't give a shit because you all put all of the things I mentioned above on the table in words and deeds the last 4 years and none of you cared. If it turns around and bites you on the ass for the next 4, why should I then care?
Did you actually pay attention to the story? In case you didn't, just to be clear, what you "don't give a shit about" is death threats.

What part of the election system is broken?

"win" an election

I've generally considered you to be a pretty good poster on this board (as I lurk in the corners), albeit occasionally standoffish. I can understand that though. But

"win"

Sigh. Biden won the election. It's over. There isn't some conspiracy against Trump. He's just an asshole. The Republicans did pretty well in this election considering the party leader being such a turd. Is it really inconceivable people just couldn't stomach voting for Trump while happily voting Republican down ballot?

I understand people get challenged on the internet and occasionally have to fight it out. But don't go off the conspiracy deep end. You're a much better poster than Mas.

Reactions: Cortez88
No, you don't understand...nothing is on. You all can feel free to freak out about the next thing that the NYT, CNN, MSNBC, etc. tell you to freak out about. I don't have to participate though. Is that not the last 4 years? A righty would get on here and post something terrible that right wing media told them to be up in arms about and you guys said "ho, hum".

"There are people in black who call themselves Antifa burning down cities across the U.S." Nah bro, that's just an idea...no worries there.

"The information used to get the FISA warrants to spy on Trump's transition team was all bogus..." No, you see people committed perjury when the FBI started asking them questions about a non-crime. So all good.

"Democrats are telling people to harass Repiblicans out in public." Freedom of speech bro.

"A Bernie Bro shot a Congressman." Not really a Democrat, he is fringe and a whackadoodle, nothing to see here.

It is actually rather freeing, I don't have to defend a damn thing that I did not specifically do. If a Republican says something off kilter...men, you just misunderstood them. They want to metaphorically shoot and draw and quarter people. Come on, nobody believes that is serious talk. People getting death threats? Probably Democrats doing a false flag. You know, like all the right wingers that were rioting so it would be blamed on the left.

You are misinterpreting something being on for me just refusing to care if the far right gets as crazy as the far left has been the past few years. I care as much about these guys as you all did about Antifa. Not my problem, it's Biden's.

Don't tap out now, bro. It's on. Keep raging. Keep building your enemies list. Add the Georgia Governor, Secretary of State, Gabriel Sterling, the Dominion hourly worker getting death threats, the Governor of Arizona, and on and on to the libs that you so devotedly hate. It's all good. There are plenty of people ready to work together and stand for the freedoms that make this country great. You and Mike Flynn can keep on ranting about how unfair it's all been to poor privileged you and stew in disappointment when no martial law overturning the election happens. The folks actually committed to decency, law and order, and our shared values will work together to return some sanity to our national dialogue. You do you and seethe in anger. There are plenty of folks on both sides of the aisle committed to a return to decency.

All the best to you, Crazy. It's on...just not in the way a guy like you consumed by anger and hatred assumes.

Joe Digenova called for Krebs to be taken out and shot (and drawn and quartered and I cannot figure the value of doing both). It is about time someone stood up for decency.

When will one of the 2024 candidates like Rubio, Cruz, Haley, say enough is enough? Or even Mitch? Courage is in short supply. The party has invited in the tinfoil hat crowd but now lacks the resolve to say they are no longer welcome.
Rubio, Cruz, Haley, et al to say enough is enough?
They are the reasons why we have this totally undemocratic cesspool in the first place!

Exactly!! They're racists! And I wouldn't be surprised if one or another is adopted....

No but they are opportunists. Cruz is Harvard educated but plays a Twitter troll now. Haley did a 180 and became a very transparent Trumper. Hawley plays the populist but hates Missouri folks so much that he won’t even live there. They all deserve our scorn.

No but they are opportunists. Cruz is Harvard educated but plays a Twitter troll now. Haley did a 180 and became a very transparent Trumper. Hawley plays the populist but hates Missouri folks so much that he won’t even live there. They all deserve our scorn.
hawley. he's a strange dude. super smart. stanford undergrad yale law. doesn't want to live in missouri, which is smart. i'd much rather live in virginia too. all kidding aside i don't like any politicians. hawley doesn't care about missourians and is obviously aspirational. he already has the dander of an unlikable politician. my guess is he's being vetted for a bigger role in the years to come. he's a young guy

hawley. he's a strange dude. super smart. stanford undergrad yale law. doesn't want to live in missouri, which is smart. i'd much rather live in virginia too. all kidding aside i don't like any politicians. hawley doesn't care about missourians and is obviously aspirational. he already has the dander of an unlikable politician. my guess is he's being vetted for a bigger role in the years to come. he's a young guy

He doesn’t even maintain a residence in Missouri. That dude is a climber.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
After #resist for the past 4 years, I have a hard time giving a shit. Sorry.
Says the guy who believes and repeats the dumbest most rubian propaganda..

Did Andy Ngo tell you to say that?

Watch out, antifa is behind you. They're everywhere.. better run and hide, protect that 300 lb wife, the ford 150 and cooler full of keystone light.

lmao .

What part of the election system is broken?

In a technological country like ours, the systems we use are a joke. They just "found" 55 more ballots in that contested NY Congressional race that was separated by 12 votes. You may think it is normal for an election to have votes being "found" a month later, I think that is a joke. There would be one way to start. Find a system where you don't "lose" ballots.

They haven't released who the 55 votes were for, but I will be shocked...shocked I say, if they don't miraculously have enough votes to knock the Republican out of the lead. Much like Al Franken's votes in a trunk, these lost ballots always seem to favor one party.

I don't trust the election system.

No lurker, the time to draw the line on incivility was when GOP Congressman were literally being shot. Where the heck were you at that time?

You guys get selectively outraged based on who is being uncivil. Posters like me were bitching about this stuff 3 years ago and posters like you said it was ok to threaten civil servants, throw water in their face, etc. Maxine Waters called for more of it. And now that it appears your side is back in charge, now is the time to be civil and play nice. Nah bro. I won't engage in that behavior but I also feel zero responsibility to protect Democrats from the very same things they cheerlead for the past 4 years.

I am my problem and I am not doing any of the things you guys are whining about. So not my problem. I am going to act like you did the past 4 years and ignore it when not convenient to my world view.

Since this is about the fourth time you brought up this shooting, find me one person on here that went 'oh well, shit happens.' You won't find any libs that would ever take the position that you are taking.

I'm guessing when Palin painted Gifford out to be a major gun threat in that a right wing nut job followed her and put a bullet in her skull, killed a judge, and murdered what, 15 people including a child....I don't remember ANY right wing conservatives taking your 'whatever, what happens happens' attitude.

For you specific argument, do libs hate Trump. Of course. We see him as a ginormous authoritarian strongman wannabe who is a major threat to our system of government.

We're also frustrated as f#ck that the right can't or refuses to see it.

We are angry that it seems like a big chunk of the right is actively participating in it.

And we are frustrated to no ends that it's our goddamn president that's driving the turmoil.

That's completely F'd up.

All the things you listed weren't driven by major democratic public leaders. The riots came from the streets, not from Biden encouraging people to riot over his grievances.

The Trump protests from the 'pussy' hats as you call them was an organic movement.

Let me put it this way, no one gives a fvck if you organize a protest. We don't care if you want to have Trump boat parades.

No one gives a fvck if you don't like liberal policies.

What we do give a huge fvck about is intent.

No one cares if Trump wants to, within his rights make sure the election was legit. We all want that. You do realize at this point that's its just a diversion to create chaos which is a clown move but what do you expect from a clown?

That people are getting threatened for doing their jobs, Republicans I might add and your attitude is 'whatever' then yeah, people in general should tell you to find the biggest horsed!ck you can and shove it up your ass.

That's not a lib vs conservative, that's a basic human decency thing.

EDIT: Crazy my rant is more directed at those that share your same thought process. I know a few and you are not alone in your thinking. The difference is you're obviously smart enough not to shoot somebody, but the emotion that is evoked likely means that there are others who feel like you do who WILL take action.

Last edited:
Since this is about the fourth time you brought up this shooting, find me one person on here that went 'oh well, shit happens.' You won't find any libs that would ever take the position that you are taking.

I'm guessing when Palin painted Gifford out to be a major gun threat in that a right wing nut job followed her and put a bullet in her skull, killed a judge, and murdered what, 15 people including a child....I don't remember ANY right wing conservatives taking your 'whatever, what happens happens' attitude.

For you specific argument, do libs hate Trump. Of course. We see him as a ginormous authoritarian strongman wannabe who is a major threat to our system of government.

We are angry that it seems like a big chunk of the right is actively participating in it.

And we are frustrated to no ends that it's our goddamn president that's driving the turmoil.

All the things you listed weren't driven by major democratic public leaders. The riots came from the streets, not from Biden encouraging people to riot over his grievances.

The Trump protests from the 'pussy' hats as you call them was an organic movement.

Let me put it this way, no one gives a fvck if you organize a protest. We don't care if you want to have Trump boat parades.

No one cares if Trump wants to, within his rights make sure the election was legit. We all want that. You do realize at this point that's its just a diversion to create chaos which is a clown move but what do you expect from a clown?

That people are getting threatened for doing their jobs, Republicans I might add and your attitude is 'whatever' then yeah, people in general should tell you to find the biggest horsed!ck you can and shove it up your ass.

Tell it to someone who cares, I am not that guy. Again, call me when it is actual actions and not words....then again don't. You and them deserve each other.

EDIT: Crazy my rant is more directed at those that share your same thought process. I know a few and you are not alone in your thinking. The difference is you're obviously smart enough not to shoot somebody, but the emotion that is evoked likely means that there are others who feel like you do who WILL take action.

Amen.

As stoll would say, +100%

Reactions: TommyCracker
Look, the voting machines being complained about, I can pull articles of Democrats complaining about the same machines from just a few months back. I can pull articles of prominent Democrats telling Biden he should not concede the election no matter the outcome just weeks before the election. I can go back 4 years and show you Democrats rioting. I can show you pussy hats, #resist hashtags, Handmaid's Tale outfits, improper intelligence agency surveillance of political opponents, harassing people at dinner, setting up blacklists backed by Congresswomen on Twitter, etc. And none of you all said boo about that. Now you think your "side" won and that everyone who watched the 4 year temper tantrum is going to be all kumbaya?

LOLGF

I will not participate in shenanigans like the left did after Trump was elected, but if others choose to do so, I will be as concerned about it as you all were with the shit the Democrats and their supporters pulled the past 4 years. In other words the aforementioned not giving a shit.
Democrats rioting four years ago? Please do. I remember millions of women, but I don’t remember rioting. Hillary conceded within 12 hours. The fact that Trump supporters are ok with all of his criminal behavior and now trying to pretend the election was fraudulent when it clearly was not is truly pathetic. You have no shame.

I don't care what it's about. Calling all of us racists is always going to get a comment from me. I don't agree with IUCrazy on a lot of what he's posting here, but the overuse of the word "racist" is really ridiculous. I've had enough of that too.
Yeah sure he’s calling you a racist. Grow up.

Yes, that is always the fall back. Sorry guys, the rules changed over the last 4 years. Your side rioted, said an election was stolen, and various other nonsense like harassing people at restaurants...both popular and political figures and regular old people out having dinner who were not sufficiently supplicant to BLM. Your side got a GOP Congressman shot (and no you don't get to disavow that, it was the heated rhetoric from the left that caused that, it is the standard that you all use against the right so it shall be used on you).

When property starts getting destroyed, people start getting attacked, people are harassed at dinner, cities are taken over and autonomous zones are set up, and political leaders are attacked...then we will have the right finally caught up with the left. I am not going to worry about "ideas" because right now you all are a'twitter about words when you gleefully ignored actual actions the past 4 years. By the by, your side was wargaming secession if they lost this election.

So yes, you are talking about false equivalencies...on your side of this argument.

So again, I don't give a shit because you all put all of the things I mentioned above on the table in words and deeds the last 4 years and none of you cared. If it turns around and bites you on the ass for the next 4, why should I then care?
Wow. You are almost as delusional and bitter as Masasuta. That’s what Trump has done. Turned formerly sane people into frothing at the mouth , conspiracy laden shells of their former selves, just like Rudy, Lindsey Graham, Marco Rubio. No sense of morals, character, values, integrity. All about owning the libs. History will look back on this time and wonder how a corrupt, used salesman reality star broke so many people. Sad.

Blah, blah, blah...your shtick is tired. Get a new one. Most of you are ill equipped to have a discussion with those you disagree with that does not devolve into name calling.

You want me to kumbaya, you have to make me care. Not the other way around. I don't need a Trump or a televangelist to know that I have had it up to my ears with people like you on political topics. I don't have to care about what you care about. Your narrative is not mine.

So again, I don't give a shit about the new terrible that your televangelists on CNN and the like are telling you to hate about me, the infidel. I am a knuckle dragging neanderthal right? So why should what I care about be of any importance to you? You don't care about my thoughts. You dismiss me as a moronic zealot. So why should I play in your sandbox by your rules?

Kindly, go **** yourself.
Trump supporters are so misunderstood. There’s only been a million books, articles, and interviews in the past four years trying to get people to see their point of view. I’ve read many. What exactly have you done to try to understand the millions of both independent and liberals to understand how they feel?

Good pictures. They actually knew the kind of damage Trump would do to our country. Most people did. What surprised me was the spineless Republicans that let him do it. I just can’t wait to see them whining about every little thing Biden does now after excusing Trump’s 4 year crime spree.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

Wait. You keep bringing up the Congrssman getting shot. Of course everyone condemned that. Are you pretending that’s the only violence that has happened? Have you forgotten Gabby Gifford? I saw her on a cane today with her husband getting sworn in. Or what about pizza gate? Or what about when Democrats were getting white powder filled envelopes? What about Gretchen Whitmer’s kidnapping plan? What about mass murderer using Trump’s name? What about the rise in hate crimes the last 4 years?? What about Charlottesville? I don’t think this is the hill you want to die on.

You guy’s don’t want to accept it, but the reality is that while the reasons behind it are very different, the vitriol, hate, & contempt for the opposition are comparable. Two sides of the same coin. Just because you claim the high moral ground doesn’t mean you have it...irony indeed.
What you don’t get is that the hatred of the left is directed at one man, Trump. People did not feel that way about other conservatives. The hatred for many on the right is for liberals period. No matter who it is.

None of this excuses what Trump and his minions are doing right now. Yes, it is less violent than the left over the past four years but quite destructive none the less.

Biden has said more racist things and used racism to inspire more of his legislation and votes than Trump ever has done.

This means a couple of things:

"Racism" is an overused and mostly meaningless epithet, or;

You are full of shit.

Take your pick.
Nonsense.

What you don’t get is that the hatred of the left is directed at one man, Trump. People did not feel that way about other conservatives. The hatred for many on the right is for liberals period. No matter who it is.

Innocent people that were beaten in the streets and had their businesses burned might disagree with you. As would cops that were ambushed and shot.

This holier than thou nonsense in this thread is hypocritical as hell.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Innocent people that were beaten in the streets and had their businesses burned might disagree with you. As would cops that were ambushed and shot.

This holier than thou nonsense in this thread is hypocritical as hell.
Joe Biden supporters did not do that. It started out people angry about another black man being killed by police. It’s been discussed on here multiple times, but it would be very surprising if the majority of people partaking in the actual violence voted at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT