ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Big Ten to shut Down 2020 Football season and Move it to Spring

nope. May be a real good thing.

That may be true in the long run. But this way will be painful. For the athletics programs, for the schools in general, for the cities that will lose millions of dollars of business revenue without a football season, and for all the people whose work depends on tens of thousands of fans spending fall weekends in their town.

I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen any serious proposals about playing half the games in the fall and the other half in the spring. Not that it would happen but it is an interesting idea.

Reactions: muubell
That may be true in the long run. But this way will be painful. For the athletics programs, for the schools in general, for the cities that will lose millions of dollars of business revenue without a football season, and for all the people whose work depends on tens of thousands of fans spending fall weekends in their town.

You are absolutely correct.

A brutal decision during brutal times. It's the best decision for health and that should be the primary factor. Too many unknowns.
I can't stop thinking about business models. So many require large groups of people to physically cycle through.
The impact of cancelling the season will be painful and long. Small businesses who require fans will have a hard time staying in business.

Special Note: In my opinion, Frost is being self-serving. Playing politics with state for personal gain. I think it's weak. If they go play elsewhere (can't believe they would have that option) they can move on from B1G.
Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
A brutal decision during brutal times. It's the best decision for health and that should be the primary factor. Too many unknowns.
I can't stop thinking about business models. So many require large groups of people to physically cycle through.
The impact of cancelling the season will be painful and long. Small businesses who require fans will have a hard time staying in business.

Special Note: In my opinion, Frost is being self-serving. Playing politics with state for personal gain. I think it's weak. If they go play elsewhere (can't believe they would have that option) they can move on from B1G.
Go Hoosiers!
Guy's a jerk. He should have stayed at UCF as he's in over his head in the Big Ten. Can't wait 'til we beat him again.

Why couldn't they have all athletes sign a waiver that doesn't place responsibility on the university if they come down with the virus? It seems like that would alleviate some of the concern about playing athletics. Are all the conference schools having students come back to campus? If that is the case I don't know why playing sports would be any more dangerous than mingling with other students in classes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT