ADVERTISEMENT

Render unto Cesar

HillzHoozier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2005
Chavez a place of distinction in the Oval Office. It's PANDERMONIUM!

imrs.jpg

Reactions: Crayfish57
And this triggers you why exactly?
Triggered? Nah. It's an obvious pander to win back some of Trump's Latinos. Trump held up a bible--same diff.

Chavez was to the right of me wrt illegal immigration stance. America first, baby! Seems out of place in an open-border administration. He was the quintessential community organizer, but no illegals allowed in his community.

Triggered? Nah. It's an obvious pander to win back some of Trump's Latinos. Trump held up a bible--same diff.

Chavez was to the right of me wrt illegal immigration stance. America first, baby! Seems out of place in an open-border administration. He was the quintessential community organizer, but no illegals allowed in his community.
Labor organizer. Latino. Catholic. Seems like a no brained for a catholic Democratic president. I mean he could just admire the guy.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Should be noted that he spent most of his life railing against illegal immigration, he did take a softer stance later in life though.

Keystone pipeline would generate 10,000 union jobs. Let’s get it done, what do ya say?
Environmentalism has added a whole new layer to things. We have to be conscious of it. To be fair though I don’t know enough about the pipeline project to comment about it specifically. To be sure I’m not in the group that believes it’s impossible to extract fossil fuels without killing the planet. But there are ways to do it responsibly. I have no clue if this is one of those situations.

Yin and yang. For every titan of industry there’s a balancing labor leader on the other side.

we used to understand and work within those confines. Then we killed the unions and labeled labor initiatives as communism.

Your "labor" president killed a bunch of jobs with his pen as soon as he took office and then is going to help flood the country with cheap replacements. The Democrats are not a labor party, they are a party of Elites and Serfs. They aren't alone in that though, the Republicans get their money from the same people.

Environmentalism has added a whole new layer to things. We have to be conscious of it. To be fair though I don’t know enough about the pipeline project to comment about it specifically. To be sure I’m not in the group that believes it’s impossible to extract fossil fuels without killing the planet. But there are ways to do it responsibly. I have no clue if this is one of those situations.

The reality is that energy consumption is going to continue to increase and the vast majority of that energy is going to come from fossil fuels in the short term. The way to solve the dependence on fossil fuels is innovation not regulation and kneecapping the economy.

So in the short term we’ll continue to ship our fossil fuels from the Middle East, because it’s better to be in business with them than our neighbor to the north I suppose. 🙄

The reality is that energy consumption is going to continue to increase and the vast majority of that energy is going to come from fossil fuels in the short term. The way to solve the dependence on fossil fuels is innovation not regulation and kneecapping the economy.

So in the short term we’ll continue to ship our fossil fuels from the Middle East, because it’s better to be in business with them than our neighbor to the north I suppose. 🙄
That’s what gets me as an American. Energy. Why aren’t we doing more to solve the problem of renewable or non fossil fuel energy sources. It puts us in a better geopolitical position vis a vis the Middle East. It’s a boon economically as a technology we could manufacture and export.

Hell bring on nuclear. Figure it out. What happened to us. We went to the moon. We beat back the nazis. We kicked communism’s ass (well we spent it to death but whatever a win’s a win). Now we’re going to let China solve this problem?

there’s something to be said for standing in front of a bunch of people and telling them we’re going to the moon or”tear down this wall”. Sure it’s generally theatre but now you’re on the hook. We need more of that right now.

Reactions: 76-1 and Cortez88
That’s what gets me as an American. Energy. Why aren’t we doing more to solve the problem of renewable or non fossil fuel energy sources. It puts us in a better geopolitical position vis a vis the Middle East. It’s a boon economically as a technology we could manufacture and export.

Hell bring on nuclear. Figure it out. What happened to us. We went to the moon. We beat back the nazis. We kicked communism’s ass (well we spent it to death but whatever a win’s a win). Now we’re going to let China solve this problem?

there’s something to be said for standing in front of a bunch of people and telling them we’re going to the moon or”tear down this wall”. Sure it’s generally theatre but now you’re on the hook. We need more of that right now.

Whenever someone tells you they want to reduce dependence on fossil fuels but they don’t support expanded use of nuclear energy, you know they aren’t a serious person.

Windmills and solar panels are not going to cut it.

This is all tricky stuff. The oil and gas industries employ about a million and a half people. Jobs that pay well in depressed areas without many alternatives. Cutting the pipeline etc is shitcanning jobs today for the promise of jobs tomorrow that may or may not come to fruition. It’s a difficult transition to make

Elon musk is trying. He just announced he’s donating 100 mil to the person that comes up with the best carbon capture tech.

Reactions: larsIU
This is all tricky stuff. The oil and gas industries employ about a million and a half people. Jobs that pay well in depressed areas without many alternatives. Cutting the pipeline etc is shitcanning jobs today for the promise of jobs tomorrow that may or may not come to fruition. It’s a difficult transition to make
We didn't plan well enough for the death of coal. And we're making the same mistakes with oil. We're going to (again) leave people behind in an economy that doesn't exist for them.

We can and should do better. America needs a challenge.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Elon musk is trying. He just announced he’s donating 100 mil to the person that comes up with the best carbon capture tech.
I know this won't be popular, but it should be the government and it should be billions.

Two examples - Going to the moon. What a waste of money right? We lost billions. I'd say we made it back in spades by showing the world we were the preeminent power in the world in the post WWII era. Recent example - the vaccines. The government basically insured the research being done wouldn't be done at a loss.

America needs another great challenge. I don't think private business can (entirely) solve the energy riddle.

America first? lol

I know this won't be popular, but it should be the government and it should be billions.

Two examples - Going to the moon. What a waste of money right? We lost billions. I'd say we made it back in spades by showing the world we were the preeminent power in the world in the post WWII era. Recent example - the vaccines. The government basically insured the research being done wouldn't be done at a loss.

America needs another great challenge. I don't think private business can (entirely) solve the energy riddle.
I think we’ll see more public/private partnerships like we see with space endeavors now.

We didn't plan well enough for the death of coal. And we're making the same mistakes with oil. We're going to (again) leave people behind in an economy that doesn't exist for them.

When automobile manufacturing took off, I am sure that there were people who clung to the horse-n-buggy building business. Sometimes you have to proactively recognize an emerging reality. We seem to be on a path to buying solar cells from China, buying windmills from China, buying Chinese batteries for cars, etc.

Why?

Innovate HERE.

When automobile manufacturing took off, I am sure that there were people who clung to the horse-n-buggy building business. Sometimes you have to proactively recognize an emerging reality. We seem to be on a path to buying solar cells from China, buying windmills from China, buying Chinese batteries for cars, etc.

Why?

Innovate HERE.
Because China owns Biden?

Remember "Body by Fisher"? They came out of the horseless carriage industry.

Why?

Innovate HERE.
Isn't part of the reason that, within its borders, China has a good deal of the metals required to make batteries/storage and doesn't need to import?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT