ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining Slots.....

Crimson Crush

Junior
Sep 11, 2013
....Allen said looking for a DL, an OL and the best possible available WR.

If he is trying to balance out the classes and getting a guy that can play two years, why not go hard on the portal market for a WR?

I see:

• Justin Shorter - Penn State
  • Tarik Black - Michigan
  • Can Chambers - MSU
All big body WRs just in our own conference.

Speaking of big bodies, what is the scoop on guys like:

• Jalen St. John
  • Westley Neal - assuming he is a done deal to Miami or one of Locksley’s 50 recruits in his 2020 class?

Reactions: iulb
....Allen said looking for a DL, an OL and the best possible available WR.

If he is trying to balance out the classes and getting a guy that can play two years, why not go hard on the portal market for a WR?

I see:

• Justin Shorter - Penn State
  • Tarik Black - Michigan
  • Can Chambers - MSU
All big body WRs just in our own conference.

Speaking of big bodies, what is the scoop on guys like:

• Jalen St. John
  • Westley Neal - assuming he is a done deal to Miami or one of Locksley’s 50 recruits in his 2020 class?

My list (from the Portal) would include
Swann DE from Stanford;
Hamilton OT/OG from Stanford;
and Skowronek WR from Northwestern.

They should all be able to gain acceptance (which is evidently an issue here)...

I think they are all one and done so they add no "balance" to the roster but they just might help us win a Big Ten Championship so it might be worth the risk...

If he can stay eligable, they want to keep Jalen Williams in the class. He would be the number one priority.

As far as the second spot, they have already said they want a defensive end. Harris is our top target but many think he's Colorado bound. After him, we've got a couple different kids that were after. We've got a visit set up with Claude Larkins, a defensive end from Florida in a couple weeks. There are a couple other kids they're interested in as well, but we're waiting to see what Harris does first.

If we have more kids leave after the bowl game, than we'll have more spots open up, but for now, we only have those two.

If he can stay eligable, they want to keep Jalen Williams in the class. He would be the number one priority.

As far as the second spot, they have already said they want a defensive end. Harris is our top target but many think he's Colorado bound. After him, we've got a couple different kids that were after. We've got a visit set up with Claude Larkins, a defensive end from Florida in a couple weeks. There are a couple other kids they're interested in as well, but we're waiting to see what Harris does first.

If we have more kids leave after the bowl game, than we'll have more spots open up, but for now, we only have those two.
I salivate while thinking of 6'7" Williams being a target in the red zone

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT