ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining DE targets

It Will Do

Freshman
Jan 1, 2019
I was looking at the highlight tapes for the three targets that are visiting in January, Jalen Mayala appears to be pretty athletic. He is tall and plays the linebacker spot dropping back into coverage on a number of the highlights. Just got me thinking, I wonder of the three, which would help improve our program the most.

Go IU

Agree, Jalen is athletic & has a visit a week before the other two. He's excited about Indiana's program, so he could commit first, which may leave the other two w/o an scholarship commitment as Indiana may wish to leave one for offense?

Mayala,Mims ,and Larkins in that order .Mims probably most ready to help but if staff can put 20-30 lbs on Jalen he has a chance to be something special.

Just my opinion but if both of the top two have the quicks to be a difference maker pass rushing DE , I would consider taking both Mayala & Mims. It's an area of great need for our team. But the coaches know best. #LEO

not sure how he playd / did at Stanford but if good, would love to have a one yr contributor on DL!
Jovan Swann, DL played DE for Stanford, but at 6'2" 270 he could line up as a pass-rushing DT. He does fit the bill of a pass-rusher more than run-stuffer. He appeared in 39 games over the last 3 seasons & has 1 yr. of eligibility left.

Where are we at with scholarship numbers? With incoming freshmen I count 88, which puts us 3 over, although I’m not sure if everyone I counted is on scholarship. Does anyone know for sure?

ADVERTISEMENT