ADVERTISEMENT

Reign in your fans on Brad

“Nobody calls,” Stevens said, referring to universities with job openings. “The only thing people usually call me for is to ask questions about candidates. Everybody has a pretty good idea of where I stand, and I think ultimately I’m going to be here. I think that’s pretty well known.”

This is a quote from Brad in the last week. Does it look like he has NO interest?

“Nobody calls,” Stevens said, referring to universities with job openings. “The only thing people usually call me for is to ask questions about candidates. Everybody has a pretty good idea of where I stand, and I think ultimately I’m going to be here. I think that’s pretty well known.”

This is a quote from Brad in the last week. Does it look like he has NO interest?
He has no interest in leaving Boston for the IU job. None whatsoever.

Their next TWO first round picks. (At least the right to swap, which they will)
Name Boston's recent #5 and #3 draft picks and [1] how they compare to LeBron, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Kevin Durant, and Steph Curry and [2] how they have made the Celtics better than the Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs.

(Crickets)

Name Boston's recent #5 and #3 draft picks and [1] how they compare to LeBron, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Kevin Durant, and Steph Curry and [2] how they have made the Celtics better than the Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs.

(Crickets)
You must not follow the NBA - Jaylen Brown is gonna be a badass.

Add Fultz, Ball, Monk, Tatum, or Smith to the #2 team in the East... LeBron is 31...

You must not follow the NBA - Jaylen Brown is gonna be a badass.

Add Fultz, Ball, Monk, Tatum, or Smith to the #2 team in the East... LeBron is 31...
Jaylen Brown scores like 6 a game: look out, LeBron! It is also debatable whether the Celtics are the #2 team in the East. I know what the standings are, but I would take the Pacers' talent over the Celtics.

The Pacers talent levels better than the Boston Celtics? Almost as funny as IU being a better job than the Celtics. If your NBA dumb your basketball dumb.
Who on the Celtics is better than Paul George or Myles Turner? Answer: nobody, not even close. Their best player is 5'9: who was the last sub-6 footer to lead their team to a title?

The Celtics' job is incredible if Bird, McHale, and Parrish are running out of the tunnel. But, they are not running out of that tunnel. Maybe a coach is like Coach K, RMK, Pitino, Calipari, etc. and prefer the college game?

Last edited:
The Celtics are #2 in the East and they haven't even had a super duper star on their squad. Looks like a great future for Stevens. I can't imagine wanting to leave that when the ceiling is the roof.

Reactions: BrewCityCy

(Crickets)
You ask this question on an IU forum? I'll answer - I hate the WWE NBA version of basketball. :)

Jaylen Brown scores like 6 a game: look out, LeBron! It is also debatable whether the Celtics are the #2 team in the East. I know what the standings are, but I would take the Pacers' talent over the Celtics.
You're fooling yourself if you think he's leaving. Brad isn't leaving Boston anytime soon. They love him. They're going to be good for a while.

Billy Donovan is 51.....lets keep him until Brad Stevens is 51....thats eleven years....Billy can retire...and sit behind the team from time to time...and Brad can land at his last coaching job.

Jaylen Brown scores like 6 a game: look out, LeBron! .

Paul George as a rookie scored 7.8 ppg and shot under 30% from 3.

It's a big step up in competition, but you see the flashes in Brown like you did in George, along with the desire and work ethic.

I agree with most that Stevens is a long shot at best. But we have no idea what he or his family want. Being from Indiana, growing up an iu fan and speaking highly of the iu job imo give at least a slight chance.

Paul George as a rookie scored 7.8 ppg and shot under 30% from 3.

It's a big step up in competition, but you see the flashes in Brown like you did in George, along with the desire and work ethic.
Jaylen Brown has a long, long ways to go before he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Paul George. I'd also take Myles Turner before Brown without even thinking about it. I also like how people totally dismiss Marcus Smart's as a superstar, even though he was the #5 pick.

I think a previous poster talked about a ceiling? Right now, that ceiling is best stated as the Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs and will be for awhile. How long will Celtics fans be good with that?

Oh, you googled him- LOL.
You appear to have a raging boner for Jaylen Brown because he played for Purdue's "savior" at Cal. Brown and the "savior" couldn't even get out of the first round of the Tourney.

We're talking about a rookie that scores 6 a game and a 5'9 player that leads the team. Man, it is just like Bird, McHale, and Parrish running out of the tunnel.

ADVERTISEMENT