ADVERTISEMENT

Reflecting on Coach McCollough

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
Looking back, I think Coach McC did love his time in Indiana, as did his family. I think professionally he felt he needed to move on and move up, which is true, and his USC/KC Chiefs (& a Super Bowl ring) did just that.

But now with two of his three sons committed to IU, I think it’s clear that he thought this opportunity would give him a chance probably to see his son’s more than life as an NFL coach would, but it was pure serendipity that Hart left to create that opportunity.

So glad he’s back and happy 2 of 3 boys are coming to IU. If #3 wants to eventually reconsider I’d love it, but I can respect it if he wanted to still do his own thing and play at OSU too. But if he changes his mind, IU would welcome him!!

Looking back, I think Coach McC did love his time in Indiana, as did his family. I think professionally he felt he needed to move on and move up, which is true, and his USC/KC Chiefs (& a Super Bowl ring) did just that.

But now with two of his three sons committed to IU, I think it’s clear that he thought this opportunity would give him a chance probably to see his son’s more than life as an NFL coach would, but it was pure serendipity that Hart left to create that opportunity.

So glad he’s back and happy 2 of 3 boys are coming to IU. If #3 wants to eventually reconsider I’d love it, but I can respect it if he wanted to still do his own thing and play at OSU too. But if he changes his mind, IU would welcome him!!

Our only chance of Dasan ending up here (in my opinion) is if he's able to mentally overcome his growing up a childhood Buckeye fan and is able to make the clear, smart "business decision" for himself... That's pretty tough for anyone to do...

The edge we have is that Ohio State has already recruited over him at OLB and are working hard to do the same at S...,(and that's something they'll be able to do every year he's there with their recruiting apparatus)..., whereas if he comes to INDIANA he's got a wide open shot at starting at Husky until he decides to go pro..., along with his being the clear and obvious reason we're playing for Championship(s); which can only up his Draft status... //And..., Tom Allen has proven he won't pull a guys starting position due to injury but will put him right back in there as soon as he's able to go...//

I wish him well whichever decision he makes.

Last edited:
I would love to have Dasan join the family here at IU. Come and build IU into a B1G championship team.

Reactions: 76-1
I've kept a close watch on Indiana Football since I was a little boy. I'm telling you, Mr. Tom is building a football school in Bloomington. Having Dasan lead the defense in a year or two would be tremendous.

The level of support will snowball with kids like Dasan leading the program to signature victories over Iowa, Michigan, MSU, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT