ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting question...

mk23

Senior
Dec 7, 2005
Did we attempt to get in on Mr Baseball from Roncalli? Seems like we've done pretty well there in the past.

Did we attempt to get in on Mr Baseball from Roncalli? Seems like we've done pretty well there in the past.
I believe he committed to Louisville, but he is expected to go in the first round of the baseball draft (I believe,) so he probably won't see their campus. I assume we recruited him.

I thought I would add some things on this kid (Nick Schnell) that I recently saw. Baseball America has him going to the Rays as the 31st pick overall. MLB.com has him as the 47th overall prospect in the country, regardless of position. One other site which escapes my memory, has him as the second best high school hitter in the draft. So, like I indicated earlier, it's unlikely that Louisville will see this kid when you look at the size of the signing bonuses they give kids that are drafted early.

I thought I would add some things on this kid (Nick Schnell) that I recently saw. Baseball America has him going to the Rays as the 31st pick overall. MLB.com has him as the 47th overall prospect in the country, regardless of position. One other site which escapes my memory, has him as the second best high school hitter in the draft. So, like I indicated earlier, it's unlikely that Louisville will see this kid when you look at the size of the signing bonuses they give kids that are drafted early.
He’s just looking for something to nitpick. IIRC, Schnell was already a UL commit when Lem took over at IU. They are already recruiting 2020,2021,2022 classes at IU and across the country. Schnell will probably never play in college as you mentioned. Baseball recruiting is different, when a kid commits, its over until something changes. Nothing changed with schnell, and he’s a projected 1st round pick that will have a six figure, maybe 7, signing bonus. It’s not for lack of effort or ignorance on the IU staff. Schnell has been a known commodity for a while.

He’s just looking for something to nitpick. IIRC, Schnell was already a UL commit when Lem took over at IU. They are already recruiting 2020,2021,2022 classes at IU and across the country. Schnell will probably never play in college as you mentioned. Baseball recruiting is different, when a kid commits, its over until something changes. Nothing changed with schnell, and he’s a projected 1st round pick that will have a six figure, maybe 7, signing bonus. It’s not for lack of effort or ignorance on the IU staff. Schnell has been a known commodity for a while.
Why so bitter, bro? It was an honest (and quite simple) question. Glad you were able to climb down from your high-horse and answer it. We are all much wiser now.

Just to put a final response to this thread, Schnell went to the Rays as the 32nd pick of the 1st round. Baseball America almost nailed it since they had him going to the Rays as the 31st pick of the 1st.

Real glad for the kid. But I wish he had committed here instead of that crapschool across the river. Oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT