ADVERTISEMENT

Recalibrating expectations

ce36ei

Senior
Sep 14, 2019
I’m racking my brain looking at the schedule..but can we even get to 6 wins? I keep thinking we were a pandemic mirage after today.

Suddenly MSU and Maryland look like toss ups. Cincy looks doubtful. OSU and Penn State are sure losses. Michigan is probably a loss. Like the offensive things we saw don't just fix themselves. You can’t throw a new playbook at it in a week. I’m sure we’ll beat Idaho by 40…but big deal.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I’m racking my brain looking at the schedule..but can we even get to 6 wins? I keep thinking we were a pandemic mirage after today.

Suddenly MSU and Maryland look like toss ups. Cincy looks doubtful. OSU and Penn State are sure losses. Michigan is probably a loss. Like the offensive things we saw don't just fix themselves. You can’t throw a new playbook at it in a week. I’m sure we’ll beat Idaho by 40…but big deal.
6 wins might be our ceiling. Back to the Wilson years trying to determine if we can even get to 6.

I’ve said that IU will get 4 or 5 wins. I predicted a 41-14 Iowa win (I was optimistic). I never need to recalibrated my expectations. I know that every year I will get dragged by the Rah Rahs in August. Life goes on.

I’ve said that IU will get 4 or 5 wins. I predicted a 41-14 Iowa win (I was optimistic). I never need to recalibrated my expectations. I know that every year I will get dragged by the Rah Rahs in August. Life goes on.
That’s inexcusable to go from a top ten team to missing a bowl with an improved roster the following season.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Did you just forget we won 8 in 2019? Just like this pathetic-ass fanbase to be looking for reasons to throw the football team under the bus after one f*cking game,

They laid an egg today. Big f*cking deal, it happens to every non-Bama team in the country, and is even more likely when you’re facing a hostile environment for the first time in two years and get off to the worst possible start to rattle your confidence.

All that matters is whether they bounce back, especially since it isn’t like the team this happened against was a pushover.

It all depends on which way the offense is heading. Personally, I have always had my doubts about Sheridan, but he's young and I hoped he got his feet under him. May still. But he looked overmatched today. Under Deboer the timing of our passing routes was off the charts. It was noticeably less coordinated last year, and today it looked chaotic. Maybe he'll get it fixed, but I have a hard time seeing him becoming a top notch coordinator and that's what IU needs on offense. It's not Allen's sweet spot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT