ADVERTISEMENT

Reasons to be bullish on Indiana Football

td75

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2003
1. Tom Allen
2. Having three 4* quarterbacks in the QB room...One who passed for 500 yards on Ohio State, another who beat Wisconsin at Camp Randall, and a newcomer who is supposed to be better than the guy who threw for 500 yards on OSU!!
3. Having an above average defense pays dividends and will certainly do so in the future.

I could definitely list more but that's a good start. I'm buying!!

1. Tom Allen
2. Having three 4* quarterbacks in the QB room...One who passed for 500 yards on Ohio State, another who beat Wisconsin at Camp Randall, and a newcomer who is supposed to be better than the guy who threw for 500 yards on OSU!!
3. Having an above average defense pays dividends and will certainly do so in the future.

I could definitely list more but that's a good start. I'm buying!!
Is our incoming QB supposed to be better than MP? I know he’s highly rated,etc.
Not doubting your assessment just surprised I guess.

Reactions: kmathum and 76-1

Penix is proven so its hard to state he will be better. With that said, Donovan has all the tools to be of the same caliber. Whether that means he's slightly worse or slightly better remains to be seen but our future is in really good hands.

Tuttle also has moxie. If he can improve his ability to get through his reads faster and obviously get the ball out of his hands, he can be a legitimate threat too. So I'm not writing him off by any means either.

Think of it like this:

It is at least POSSIBLE that Tuttle - a 4 star who won at Wisconsin at the END of season, and played a bowl game with a separated throwing shoulder - might be our least-touted scholarship QB!

Rare air for IU.

Woot.

Many reasons to be bullish. Three major question marks, though, in my opinion:

? Penix's health

? The two coordinators; the jury's still out on Sheridan, and Warren's a new hire

? Hiller

Penix is literally a game-changer. If he makes it through the season, we're a threat to win 9+ games. Also, we need much better OL play.

? Penix's health

? The two coordinators; the jury's still out on Sheridan, and Warren's a new hire

? Hiller

Penix is literally a game-changer. If he makes it through the season, we're a threat to win 9+ games. Also, we need much better OL play.
Allen did a great job of replacing coaches. I would almost see it as a chance to cash in on our success and upgrade. Our talent is improving from players and coaches and it is due to one person.

Allen is our reason to be bullish. Players play hard for him and he brings a level of energy to the sideline. He is happy to celebrate and equally comfortable challenging someone when they screwed up. I would have loved to play for him.

? Penix's health

? Hiller

Adding two new coaches are great hires and Warren will have coach Allen help him with being a DC so don't worry about him. Coach Sheridan has McCollough to help the offense getting better, McCollough will be a great coach for RBs. I will agree with the other two ?.

Reactions: mk23 and Bowlmania
Great to hear,thanks for the info.
As a MIC follower, I saw D Mc play several times. He makes difficult plays look very easy against high-caliber competition. It's virtually impossible to say if (or when) it'll translate to this level, but I totally like his chances to be a star. That said, MP needs to stay healthy for the immediate future and allow Donovan to mature.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT