ADVERTISEMENT

Really, Tom? Really?

I thought to myself other night when someone posted about Tom & Maui.
Ya know , it says a lot when we are going 6-0 while Crean is losing to Dayton the same night....

Ya know , it says a lot when we are going 6-0 while Crean is losing to Dayton the same night....

Dayton is legit and might be better than IU. They have a nba 1st rounder. Hell they will be close to being ranked Monday when they give KU a game!

Dayton is legit and might be better than IU. They have a nba 1st rounder. Hell they will be close to being ranked Monday when they give KU a game!

They're OK, but they're no Portland State!

Just like Izzo, IU fans are lucky that TC is no longer the coach at Indiana
What Izzo really wishes is that Crean was still coaching at IU. Archie has roughed him up. Crean could only compete when he had more talent, and that was probably not going to happen again once TC was exposed to top recruits as a guy that couldn't coach a goose to shit.

If DWade and Cody Zeller hadn't fallen into Tom Crean's lap, he would be selling advertising for the scorer's tables instead of sitting next to them.

People get bent out of shape about looseing a recruit..But how many said ..Wow !.
How'd we miss on Curry or Oladipo..
I only care about the Indiana roster ..

What Izzo really wishes is that Crean was still coaching at IU. Archie has roughed him up. Crean could only compete when he had more talent, and that was probably not going to happen again once TC was exposed to top recruits as a guy that couldn't coach a goose to shit.

If DWade and Cody Zeller hadn't fallen into Tom Crean's lap, he would be selling advertising for the scorer's tables instead of sitting next to them.
Yup

sitting??

The Flyers are legit this time. Obi Toppin, Atlantic10 rookie of the
year last season returns with a strong supporting squad.

The Flyers are legit this time. Obi Toppin, Atlantic10 rookie of the
year last season returns with a strong supporting squad.
Living in Dayton, and being an IU fan, I have watched both teams relatively closely. Dayton and Kansas, neither one, played good defense. Dayton hit over 48% of their threes 16/33 and shot over 43% from the field. Likewise Kansas shot almost 56% from the field. In my opinion, late in the second half Kansas got some calls in their favor. Dayton made more 3's than arguably they normally do. Avoided going inside against Kansas' 7 footer.

Dayton plays well. They will hover around the top 25 in ranking. And we will see them again in the NCAAT.

We will see Kansas and North Carolina and Arizona etc. right where we always see them.

If we get the Mighty Phin back...and once DeRon gets his bounce back...but, seems to me, DeRon is doing all he can..

Last edited:

My comment wasnt really meant to be a dig at Dayton...

It was meant as like an, oddly coincidental, and hopefully only fitting end all era to Crean. (Thank Gawd)

Last edited:
I see creannpulled out a big last second win against chaminade.

Turnover Tom gets a nice win over last place Chaminade, woot woot, lol.

Question is will Crean be able to ride his one trick pony, true stud Edwards, all the way to an NCAA bid in the SEC?

it should be close, especially after Arkansas only got to NIT with their big man, Gafford. But Edwards is much better.

But he's currently reinventing basketball with the positionless Leopard System, where players change spots. We may be watching history unfold.

Or we may not.

A turkey by any other name...

All the obsessing just makes it seem like he never really left.

Turnover Tom gets a nice win over last place Chaminade, woot woot, lol.

Question is will Crean be able to ride his one trick pony, true stud Edwards, all the way to an NCAA bid in the SEC?

it should be close, especially after Arkansas only got to NIT with their big man, Gafford. But Edwards is much better.
Doubtful. He takes half the teams shots. Better teams will be able to double and triple him.

We can hate on Crean for a lot of things, but Cody Zeller falling in Creans lap is not one of them.

That was a legit recruiting win over North Carolina and Butler.

Last edited:
We can hate on Crean for a lot of things, but Cody Zeller falling in Creans lap is not one of them.

That was a legit recruiting win over North Carolina and Butler.
I don't disagree. My point is that had Zeller decided to go elsewhere, TC would have been finished here much sooner and likely not been able to land a head coaching gig in a major conference afterwards. DWade got him the Indiana gig, CZ got him another chance at UGA.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
I don't disagree. My point is that had Zeller decided to go elsewhere, TC would have been finished here much sooner and likely not been able to land a head coaching gig in a major conference afterwards. DWade got him the Indiana gig, CZ got him another chance at UGA.
Crean was saved twice by recruits. Zeller and then Bryant. Both fell into his lap

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT