ADVERTISEMENT

Ready for 2 ranked opponents in KLC

We now have five straight games at The Bart, starting with Purdue on Weds and a four-game homestand against San Diego. The weather looks like it will be favorable for all of the those games, especially against Purdue on Weds. The weekend looks like it will be on the chilly side, but warm enough to play ball. Let's hope the cooler weather favors us more than the surfer boys from Southern California. Any guesses on who our midweek starter will be?

Last edited:
Reactions: Townsend
Any guesses on who our midweek starter will be?[/QUOTE]
Alex Franklin or maybe Cal Krueger( if he is back to being healthy enough to go more than a couple of innings). Ty Bothwell may be another candidate. McCade Brown might get some work as well.

Reactions: ptrich
We now have five straight games at The Bart, starting with Purdue on Weds and a four-game homestand against San Diego. The weather looks like it will be favorable for all of the those games, especially against Purdue on Weds. The weekend looks like it will be on the chilly side, but warm enough to play ball. Let's hope the cooler weather favors us more than the surfer boys from Southern California. Any guesses on who our midweek starter will be?
Hell, we have 17 of our next 18 games at The Bart. Glad the weather looks to be ok.

I'll take our 6-3 start, against that schedule, seven days a week.

6-3 is a good start, defense needs to improve. With Barr & Ashley picking up just a bit and when Vecrumba gets it going this could be a very good offensive team.

I don’t get scheduling this mid week game coming off this weekend’s games and with a 4 game set with the Dirt Bags coming next weekend. For Wednesday I expect Franklin, Stahl, Bothwell, to go no more 3 or +/- 50 pitches, with Krueger and Sloan ready if things go bad and a closer if absolutely necessary.

Perhaps a few of the 7 rostered pitchers who have yet to see action will get their shot this week or over the long homestand unless they are firm redshirts.

6-3 is a good start, defense needs to improve. With Barr & Ashley picking up just a bit and when Vecrumba gets it going this could be a very good offensive team.

I don’t get scheduling this mid week game coming off this weekend’s games and with a 4 game set with the Dirt Bags coming next weekend. For Wednesday I expect Franklin, Stahl, Bothwell, to go no more 3 or +/- 50 pitches, with Krueger and Sloan ready if things go bad and a closer if absolutely necessary.

Perhaps a few of the 7 rostered pitchers who have yet to see action will get their shot this week or over the long homestand unless they are firm redshirts.
I believe the Dirtbags are Long Beach State. Not San Diego.

Any guesses on who our midweek starter will be?
Alex Franklin or maybe Cal Krueger( if he is back to being healthy enough to go more than a couple of innings). Ty Bothwell may be another candidate. McCade Brown might get some work as well.
82[/QUOTE]

We have to have four starting pitchers for the San Diego series, so we have to keep that in mind.

Reactions: 82IU
ADVERTISEMENT