ADVERTISEMENT

RB Ronnie Walker committing next week...

RBB89

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2002
Most recent crystal ball predictions still all have him to IU. Highlights:

4-star (composite)/3 star (Rivals) RB Ronnie Walker will commit on Monday. As of now, it looks good for us. The last four crystal ball predictions within the last 24 hours are all to Indiana, including from Allen Trieu and a writer from the Michigan State site (one of Walker's finalists).

http://247sports.com/Player/Ronnie-Walker-89717

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/ronnie-walker-73060

Thanks for posting these....I turned my Twitter off...

Reactions: RBB89
Most recent crystal ball predictions still all have him to IU. Highlights:

All the early predictions were to VA.....all the recent ones to IU.

A bit scary for IU because VA has 0 RB commits for '17......one would think RW would be a big priority......concerned about a late push by them.....

All the early predictions were to VA.....all the recent ones to IU.

A bit scary for IU because VA has 0 RB commits for '17......one would think RW would be a big priority......concerned about a late push by them.....
We don't have any running backs committed either.

We don't have any running backs committed either.

True.....IU and VA's recruiting classes appear to be pretty even overall.....If we're able to get Walker it would seem to be a big upgrade from the Bloomington kid who decommitted.....this kid looks like a flat-out stud.

The local kid who de-committed may be a great talent too. And I don't believe if Walker commits it rules local RB out either (competition!) as you can never have too many 4* RB's can you?

What I am curious to see is if IU pulls off big upset over OSU, how that changes the dynamics of who starts to commit or not. I'd love to see IU start landing more 4* studs!

Reactions: td75
At some point in time, IU will have to land some 4* kids. There's no way to sugar coat the situation. Playing PSU, UM and OSU every fall, we MUST land kids at the 5.7 and 5.8 levels with more and more regularity.

We seem to be slowly headed in that direction. The 5.7 kids are probably the most important recruit out there that can turn IU into serious contenders.

Reactions: MrBing
At some point in time, IU will have to land some 4* kids. There's no way to sugar coat the situation. Playing PSU, UM and OSU every fall, we MUST land kids at the 5.7 and 5.8 levels with more and more regularity.

We seem to be slowly headed in that direction. The 5.7 kids are probably the most important recruit out there that can turn IU into serious contenders.
Walker is a four star on pretty much every other site.

He reminds me a little of Howard. He isn't blazing fast or quick, but seems to run through initial contact and maintain forward drive. He would certainly be welcomed and could be an instant starter.

Mediocre. Could have done much better if Glass wasn't the AD.

But just the same, I'm happy.
Think how many Ronnie Walkers we could've had by now if Glass would give away free tickets every week and didn't cook the attendance books. Wake up people!

Reactions: brebelle3 and YOTHN
One of 3 kids that was on our radar that I alluded to, back when Pechac bowed out, was this guy.

And, I think my words at the time were: "you'll be pleasantly surprised."

This guy is nationally ranked and, not that Pechac is chopped liver by any stretch, but IU just traded up in this whole scenario. How Rivals has him at a 3 star is beyond me.

Great get, I especially like that he is coming in early spring practice will have him ready for 2018.

The biggest deal with an early entrant is he will be signed in December and we don't have to worry about him backing out.

Not to mention lucky for him he will get to go with the rest of the team to Pasadena on New Years Day.

rosebowl_cropped_2.jpg

The biggest deal with an early entrant is he will be signed in December and we don't have to worry about him backing out.

Not to mention lucky for him he will get to go with the rest of the team to Pasadena on New Years Day.

rosebowl_cropped_2.jpg

Well, somehow, I think with IU's luck, going 13-0, and getting a playoff spot, we'd get the Sugar Bowl instead of the Rose Bowl

Ronnie Walker has committed to us, I'm sure only because all his other offers were no longer committable (tic) LOL ! Great get by the staff
So funny that I'm in your head as much as I am. You got caught making something up and you still can't over it! Priceless. By the way, good pick up with Williams.

Well, somehow, I think with IU's luck, going 13-0, and getting a playoff spot, we'd get the Sugar Bowl instead of the Rose Bowl

*sigh* Talk about disappointment. Let some overrated team like Ohio State have that bowl. We'll stick with the Rose. :)

So funny that I'm in your head as much as I am. You got caught making something up and you still can't over it! Priceless. By the way, good pick up with Williams.
Who is Williams because we got a commitment from Ronnie Walker. You get on others for not getting things right so you should at least get the name of the commit right.

Think how many Ronnie Walkers we could've had by now if Glass would give away free tickets every week and didn't cook the attendance books. Wake up people!
Can you imagine what we'd be seeing if he hadn't screwed up the NEZ?

Who is Williams because we got a commitment from Ronnie Walker. You get on others for not getting things right so you should at least get the name of the commit right.
Somehow, some way, this will be a failing of yours.

My bad. It's obviously Walker, not Williams, and I won't even point out your poor grammar that a college education would've addressed.

ADVERTISEMENT