ADVERTISEMENT

Ransom

As has been explained already, by all recent accounts, including the WSJ in this thread, they were waiting on two more passengers, and th US refused to hand over the money until ALL the passengers were on the plane and it was in the air. Essentially, we used the money as leverage. We can argue the right and wrong of that, but let's stop arguing if it was ransom. It was precisely the opposite of ransom.
Lets put this another way if this was Bush you would argue it was ransom as would I. Certain decisions need to be taken out of the political realm and this is one of them. It was done by an experienced community leader not an educated foreign policy strategist.

Lets put this another way if this was Bush you would argue it was ransom as would I.
No, I wouldn't.

Certain decisions need to be taken out of the political realm and this is one of them. It was done by an experienced community leader not an educated foreign policy strategist.
Please keep your responses on-topic. There is no need to squeeze a non-responsive bash of Obama into every post.

No, I wouldn't.

Please keep your responses on-topic. There is no need to squeeze a non-responsive bash of Obama into every post.
The community organizer stuff is particularly lame, since Obama stopped working as a community organizer in 1988, before he attended law school.

ADVERTISEMENT