ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings for 3/5

Thanks! Are the USA Today Coaches Poll voters a bunch of no-clues? IU is not listed in the top 40.
That was their preseason poll. They did not do a regular season poll until today and IU is at 17. They let the dust settle, so to speak, before they start getting into the regular season polls. But yeah, I was surprised by their preseason poll not even mentioning IU. We have always gotten less respect in the coaches poll that with the other polls. I guess the coaches refuse to believe a cold weather team would actually be good.

Last edited:
That was their preseason poll. They did not do a regular season poll until today and IU is at 17. They let the dust settle, so to speak, before they start getting into the regular season polls. But yeah, I was surprised by their preseason poll not even mentioning IU. We have always gotten less respect in the coaches poll that with the other polls. I guess the coaches refuse to believe a cold weather team would actually be good.[/QUOTE/
Here's the coaches poll:
http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/baseball/polls/coaches-poll/

They said IU moved up 10 spots to 17, but I haven't been able to find any other poll by them since their preseason poll, and IU was not mentioned in it. ?????

Okay, the coaches did do a poll in week one of the season and IU was just outside the top 25 at 27th. I looked for their poll last week and couldn't find it anywhere, not even at the USA Today site itself. Oh well, it really doesn't matter.

Reactions: RBB89
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT