ADVERTISEMENT

Random ?

GeorgeStrait IU

All-American
Apr 10, 2005
Anyone know the cruise speed for the IU mens bball team jet? Max speed and cruise speed? I'd imagine a cruise around 400-425mph around the B1G... Any help with anserrs would be appreciated in MPH talk lol.

Anyone know the cruise speed for the IU mens bball team jet? Max speed and cruise speed? I'd imagine a cruise around 400-425mph around the B1G... Any help with anserrs would be appreciated in MPH talk lol.
Not sure about your question, but the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow is roughly 20.1 miles per hour. May come in handy in case you ever find yourself on the Bridge of Death.

Do they even have a "team jet" anymore?

I didn't know planes had cruise control. I thought it was just cars and trucks. It is possible I misunderstood your question. I mean I do believe in God so that makes my intelligence suspect. lol On a serious note I have often thought when I see planes in the sky just how fast they are going. I dunno.

I didn't know planes had cruise control. I thought it was just cars and trucks. It is possible I misunderstood your question. I mean I do believe in God so that makes my intelligence suspect. lol On a serious note I have often thought when I see planes in the sky just how fast they are going. I dunno.
You're not aware of auto pilot?

Yes the autopilot can provide speed control of sorts (throttle) … each model has an altitude and speed optimum for fuel economy.

As a general answer …

On average, commercial planes cruise at about 575-600 mph (925-965 km/h, 500 to 521 knots, 0.78 to 0.81 Mach). Private jets typically cruise at around 500-600 mph (805-965 km/h, 435 to 521 knots, 0.68 to 0.81 Mach).

https://airadvisor.com/en/blog/how-fast-do-planes-fly

IND to SEA is 1866 air miles or about 3.5 hours barring headwinds.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaxterIU
I’m f’n confused about this whole thread, but I am starting my 3rd large glass of wine…

Yes. When the pilot engages auto pilot, a replica pilot appears and maintains a constant speed as long as the replica is fully inflated.
pilot airplane GIF

I don't know what plane they charter, but I would expect a passenger jets would cruise at 500-550 mph.

Yes. When the pilot engages auto pilot, a replica pilot appears and maintains a constant speed as long as the replica is fully inflated.
Best part about your replica pilot is that it's highly unlikely to cardiac arrest and kill everyone on board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT