ADVERTISEMENT

Random Observations From Penn State Game

Crossblock

Senior
Jan 8, 2019
1. When is Bell going to realize that Henderson is the only running back We have Who can run between the tackles. This offense is going nowhere until We can run the Ball. That is compounded by the fact that We don't have wide receivers Who can get downfield and separate. Why not pair Henderson in a two back set with somebody like Spegal Who has some size to get another blocker inside and a guy who can also carry the ball inside.

2. I have seen comments from people questioning our strength and conditioning coaches. After yesterday, I am joining the Group. There were three contested balls that were almost simultaneous catches. The Penn State players each time pulled the ball away from our Player and got the call. this shows Me that our receivers and DBS don't have the needed hand and arm strength. Instead of paying Strength and Conditioning Coaches and buying $100,000 Dollar pieces of Equipment, maybe We need to go back to the old methods of My Youth.
Here is a can of tennis balls set them on the floor next to your favorite chair, When You sit down to watch TV, open the can, take out two balls and do multiple sets of hand and wrist squeezes with your arm in different positions.

Here is a Strength and Conditioning Device We put together for You for less than $10. Sunk a length of clothes line width rope into and empty coffee can And Cement it in with Sackrete. Attach a strong wooden dowel into a knot or cradle at top of the free end of the rope. Hold the rope and can straight out in front of You and us your hands to manipulate the rope to raise and lower the can.

3. Did anyone else watch the game on TV Yesterday and notice how far back from the line of scrimmage their Tackles were set? W hen they showed a Wide Field Shot down the line of scrimmage, the Line was so bowed back it looked like their were 6 people lined upm in their backfield. If it looked as bad live on the field as it did on the TV Screen Shots, the Officials need to clean that up and call a penalty.

4. I was a little upset with James franklin toward the end of the game. I understand that when You get a chance to play Your guys in a blowout, You don't want to restrict what they do. It is up to the Defense to get themselves off the field. However He kept executing plays and not running the clock down In fact He had a pass play called with under 2 Minutes left. Someone pointed out that He wanted to get the guys deep on the bench meaningful plays My point is that with the game as it was He could have put those guys on the field with 10 Minutes left. Fortunately The didn't score a meaningless final touchdown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT