ADVERTISEMENT

Ramsey's gone. Time to move on.

100% agree! He is beloved by virtually all Hoosier fans. Many will be pulling for NU next season b/c of him and we don't play NU anyway next year (unless it's in the B10 championship game!) It should be more than possible to be a fan of PR and wish him well, AND be excited about Penix (and Tuttle) and IU's potential ahead as well. Look forward, not backwards. He made a decision to go to a new (great) school. Excited for him and for IU!

100% agree! He is beloved by virtually all Hoosier fans. Many will be pulling for NU next season b/c of him and we don't play NU anyway next year (unless it's in the B10 championship game!) It should be more than possible to be a fan of PR and wish him well, AND be excited about Penix (and Tuttle) and IU's potential ahead as well. Look forward, not backwards. He made a decision to go to a new (great) school. Excited for him and for IU!

Who isn't pulling for Penix? What are you guys talking about? Is there a hidden thread I am missing?

Reactions: DANC
Who isn't pulling for Penix? What are you guys talking about? Is there a hidden thread I am missing?
I think he is posting about one or two people saying Ramsey is a huge loss because Penix will be injured again. It isn't about talent but lament that Ramsey is gone by a few.

I think he is posting about one or two people saying Ramsey is a huge loss because Penix will be injured again. It isn't about talent but lament that Ramsey is gone by a few.

it is a huge loss.

that doesn't mean it isn't Ramsey's decision to make.

Yes, there have been a few & one in particular who seemed very upset by Ramsey leaving for a variety of reasons:
-The coaches didn't show enough loyalty to him (seemingly by not naming him starter next year after this year's season he had)
-That Penix is so or too injury prone that he is a risk to bank on as the starter
-That Ramsey's numbers were virtually same as Penix, but with more grit, injury free and leadership

Those would be the arguments for PR and why they're so mad/sad/upset he's transferred.

My views have always been:
-Ramsey was great this year, is loved by most, and was highly appreciated by Coach Allen, but...
-Coaches are there every day and they felt Penix had bigger upside and named him the starter, and no guarantees PR would start next year either
-Have no problem with PR making decision to transfer and hope he has an awesome year next year - totally rooting for him
-But I also agree Penix has the higher upside and think IU can go to higher ceiling with him as the starter, so no problem with Allen's decision
-With Penix up to 220, think next year, as a RS Soph, he may be ready to have a real breakthrough season

I said in post something along lines of "If Penix has the year I think he can have next year, will the posters above who wanted Ramsey to start, felt Penix too risky b/c of injury, etc. - will they finally say "OK, Penix was the right choice after all." That was my question/intention. If anyone tries to infer anything else, it's fan board trolling.

It's such a simple issue. PR has moved on. Anyone should be able to be grateful for his past at IU, be pulling for big time next year at NU AND be super excited for IU with Penix as the starter next year thinking he could have an unreal season next year as well.

Yes, there have been a few & one in particular who seemed very upset by Ramsey leaving for a variety of reasons:
-The coaches didn't show enough loyalty to him (seemingly by not naming him starter next year after this year's season he had)
-That Penix is so or too injury prone that he is a risk to bank on as the starter
-That Ramsey's numbers were virtually same as Penix, but with more grit, injury free and leadership

Those would be the arguments for PR and why they're so mad/sad/upset he's transferred.

-Ramsey was great this year, is loved by most, and was highly appreciated by Coach Allen, but...
-Coaches are there every day and they felt Penix had bigger upside and named him the starter, and no guarantees PR would start next year either
-Have no problem with PR making decision to transfer and hope he has an awesome year next year - totally rooting for him
-But I also agree Penix has the higher upside and think IU can go to higher ceiling with him as the starter, so no problem with Allen's decision
-With Penix up to 220, think next year, as a RS Soph, he may be ready to have a real breakthrough season

I said in post something along lines of "If Penix has the year I think he can have next year, will the posters above who wanted Ramsey to start, felt Penix too risky b/c of injury, etc. - will they finally say "OK, Penix was the right choice after all." That was my question/intention. If anyone tries to infer anything else, it's fan board trolling.

It's such a simple issue. PR has moved on. Anyone should be able to be grateful for his past at IU, be pulling for big time next year at NU AND be super excited for IU with Penix as the starter next year thinking he could have an unreal season next year as well.

I always pulled for NW except when they played IU. The program and coach are all class.

I think the PR conversations are more a function of it being mid-March and nothing really going on. I imagine that come August, there'll be much less discussion of him, unless he and Northwestern pull a Minnesota in 2020.

Reactions: Radio Zero

Great post and I agree with you and I hope Penix is past the injury issues. It is good both Penix and Tuttle will get more reps with the team in the Fall, now that Spring Practices are cancelled.

Reactions: red hornet

Where is that thread? I'm not saying it doesnt exist, I just haven't seen anyone saying anything like that for a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT