ADVERTISEMENT

Ramsey update

Seems like PR made it a point to go to a team that IU did not play next season, which I appreciate as well. (Would bet Cronk did the same too.) Glad we don't have to play either of those solid 4-yr players for IU and still wish them well. And if we meet either of them in the B10 final? So be it, but that will be a fantastic problem to have if it occurs! Good luck Peyton, great school and hopefully a great fit!

So onward and now "In Penix We Trust!"

Kid had a great 2019 season for the Cream and Crimson. Appreciate all his efforts as a Hoosier, and hope he lights things up in Evanston. I'm glad we don't have to play him.

Well we could potentially, and Coy Cronk of Iowa, if we win our division and Northwestern or Iowa wins theirs.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Well that surely spells the end for Hunter Johnson there, right? He also has 1 year left and was a 5* out of Indiana to Clemson I think? They’re both looking to finish their careers as starters, but there’s only one football. I can’t see PR going there to have to compete with HJ for the starting job. I’m sure it was promised to him. Crazy how much these transfers can impact teams in your own conference.

If I had been coach Tom Allen I might’ve said something to Peyton Ramsey like Peyton you’ve been a hell of a player and a leader on this team and I’d be happy to have you taking us in the battle every Saturday next fall. But we’re going to be in better shape next year and the year after that if we start transitioning the quarterback responsibilities to the two young studs that we have waiting in the wings (of course one of them was the starting quarterback last season). I would’ve said Peyton you deserve to end your career at IU anyway that you want and I wish you nothing but the best.

And to Cronk I would’ve said WTF!

Well that surely spells the end for Hunter Johnson there, right? He also has 1 year left and was a 5* out of Indiana to Clemson I think? They’re both looking to finish their careers as starters, but there’s only one football. I can’t see PR going there to have to compete with HJ for the starting job. I’m sure it was promised to him. Crazy how much these transfers can impact teams in your own conference.

Johnson had a rough year and was injured in our game. I expect Ramsey to beat him out.

Hunter Johnson has two more years of eligibility. He played one at Clemson, red-shirted during his transfer year, and played last season at NU.

I would have advised him differently. Had he stayed at IU he would have been one of the great loved athletes - Quin, Scotty, etc. I believe the University would have taken care of him - job, fundraising.
Having said that, good luck. I still think he is great on the toughness and effort scale. I would hire him in a minute.

Hope he's able to secure the starter spot and I get to watch him play some this fall.

And apparently the kid has been hittin the weights in the off-season, got some pipes on him.

I think those “pipes” might be photoshopped. Look how every muscle in his left arm is flexed. That would be an unnatural state if he was throwing a ball with his right hand at the time.

In the attached link there is a photo of Ramsey getting ready to throw a pass. His arms don’t look anything like the caricature in his farewell note. Maybe I am wrong but I don’t think so.

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...ton-ramsey-enters-transfer-portal/4592224002/

I think those “pipes” might be photoshopped. Look how every muscle in his left arm is flexed. That would be an unnatural state if he was throwing a ball with his right hand at the time.

In the attached link there is a photo of Ramsey getting ready to throw a pass. His arms don’t look anything like the caricature in his farewell note. Maybe I am wrong but I don’t think so.

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...ton-ramsey-enters-transfer-portal/4592224002/
Darned liberal media :D

Thought the same thing. It's cartoonish.

You might be right that the photo is doctored, but he could still beat the tar out of me if I wasn’t able to outrun him, which I’m not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT