ADVERTISEMENT

Ramsey article in Tribune

Are you PR's dad's ghost account or something? Or do you just get mad beyond belief if people don't agree with your takes?

Peyton transferred! If you think he was so wronged, what's keeping you from now being a NU fan for next year only or boycotting IU until Allen leaves if you feel he wronged him so?

Yes Penix has been injured two seasons in a row, but he's also shown signs of possible NFL talent. He's also put on about 17 lbs and will only be a RS soph next year. Allen & coaches are there day to day and felt he gave the team the biggest upside. Either you let the coaches coach or you think you are a better assessor of things than them, but unfortunately you're not the one with the 7-yr contract, Tom Allen is.

YOU not others, have been beating the drum now on multiple posts about this topic. The ship sailed. Tom Allen is willing to live with his decisions so you either need to as well as an IU fan or you can continue to be angry about it and stay living in the past. What is your beef now? PR has transferred!
It really bothers you when someone states the obvious, doesn't it?

He had enough to now hold several of IU’s all time records despite only playing a full season and a half, and facing some pretty good teams. Like you, I too could tell if his feet were not settled and if he was not using his hips, I always corrected those issues when I coached him (6’6” kids have to constantly work on the mechanics and because they don’t come around often coaches sometimes fail to recognize the issue) and I put those issues on poor coaching. Those were little issues the coaches should have easily handled but for some reason they were frozen and did not act. And, if you look at the int’s against teams like Nebraska, like every qb he had some help with the ints.

Richard had a heck of an arm, no doubt. You mention mechanics and coaches. If it was all on the coaches, wouldn’t our other QBs have the same problem that Richard had with these mechanics issues?
They also were directed by the same staff.
I think your son thrived when under good protection from the OL. Even you can admit that he didn’t have the same running qualities / scrambling of other QBs on the roster. It became apparent that when the OL was going to allow penetration, they needed a QB who could scramble out of there and run.
This is likely the reason for the Diamont wildcat package during the 2016 year.
I’m not harping on your son but he signed to play for an offensive coach in Kevin Wilson and even Wilson had to jump start the offense in the middle of 2016 by benching Richard and resorting to a funky wildcat formation with Zander and Natee back there.

That’s two different staffs and two different OCs. Was it really all on them?

You're embarrassing yourself.

One thing I have seen over and over through my posting years is that Athlete's Parents posting on the local board rarely ends well. Best they stay away. Waaay too invested for a place like this.

Reactions: klagow
Ok...you are right

PR should have been named the starter because MP MIGHT get hurt. Makes perfect sense.
Another strawman. You guys love to do this.

I didn't say he should start. I said consideration should be given not just in head-to-head competition, but also for his past performance and durabilty.

If Penix is chosen the starter after Allen considers that, fine. But I don't think it was presented to Ramsey that way and that's my issue.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

Stating the obvious is your specialty. Unfortunately it's obviously bizarre, but keep on going if you like D the C.
Someone has to state the obvious, because you can't see it right in front of your eyes, B the S.

Another strawman. You guys love to do this.

I didn't say he should start. I said consideration should be given not just in head-to-head competition, but also for his past performance and durabilty.

If Penix is chosen the starter after Allen considers that, fine. But I don't think it was presented to Ramsey that way and that's my issue.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

Just followed your logic.

Richard had a heck of an arm, no doubt. You mention mechanics and coaches. If it was all on the coaches, wouldn’t our other QBs have the same problem that Richard had with these mechanics issues?
They also were directed by the same staff.
I think your son thrived when under good protection from the OL. Even you can admit that he didn’t have the same running qualities / scrambling of other QBs on the roster. It became apparent that when the OL was going to allow penetration, they needed a QB who could scramble out of there and run.
This is likely the reason for the Diamont wildcat package during the 2016 year.
I’m not harping on your son but he signed to play for an offensive coach in Kevin Wilson and even Wilson had to jump start the offense in the middle of 2016 by benching Richard and resorting to a funky wildcat formation with Zander and Natee back there.

That’s two different staffs and two different OCs. Was it really all on them?
Jesus you know nothing about what was going on. Ok, it is official, ignorant bliss is your remedy for lack of expertise. I’m done.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Jesus you know nothing about what was going on. Ok, it is official, ignorant bliss is your remedy for lack of expertise. I’m done.
It does you no good to dwell on past events. In my opinion, your son was a fine quarterback and when he moved on I wished him well. I hope that you are done hanging on, and I mean that in a kindly way.

For those who have positive constructive comments: Pen is the starter, period. For those who think starting a running QB as a freshman or sophomore, in the big ten, on our side, is a good idea you are respectfully wrong. I said when Pen first started that I was afraid his build and athleticism would lead to injuries. Now we have to hope that with training he bulks up. But he is the starter. Nobody except those playing in today’s game understands the hits a player takes in the big ten. We all see the big hits, but it is the subtle ones throughout the game that take a toll, slow a player just slightly, and leads to injury. A young athletic QB behind a line like we normally have is just asking too much.

It does you no good to dwell on past events. In my opinion, your son was a fine quarterback and when he moved on I wished him well. I hope that you are done hanging on, and I mean that in a kindly way.
Man, even Richard recognized that I am much happier now that he is not playing. Richard was born with a health issue on his entire left leg that doubled the amount of veins and blood in his left leg and, as came out when the pros did their homework, could have resulted in a life threatening situation if hit. So I never liked him playing, never relaxed at a single game, and the family will tell you that I am much easier to be around at my younger son’s games. So it isn’t hanging on, I just don’t care for that turd. Anytime someone mentions Richard that asshat makes his anonymous cowardly condescending comments. He is a poison and doesn’t even realize it, the fool thinks he is knowledgeable.

There was a kid on the team when Richard was playing and his parents sat in the stand with other parents. I refused to sit anywhere near him but I couldn’t say anything because the son was one of Richards good friends on the team. But the dad would sit in the stands and tear down every other player except his own son and it was a poison just like this clown. You can’t tolerate people like that, you should not ignore them, they harm everyone around them, and if it isn’t called out it spreads and impacts the camaraderie. You would think he had some inside knowledge but everything he says is incorrect.

nevertheless, I get your point and appreciate the advice.

Man, even Richard recognized that I am much happier now that he is not playing. Richard was born with a health issue on his entire left leg that doubled the amount of veins and blood in his left leg and, as came out when the pros did their homework, could have resulted in a life threatening situation if hit. So I never liked him playing, never relaxed at a single game, and the family will tell you that I am much easier to be around at my younger son’s games. So it isn’t hanging on, I just don’t care for that turd. Anytime someone mentions Richard that asshat makes his anonymous cowardly condescending comments. He is a poison and doesn’t even realize it, the fool thinks he is knowledgeable.

There was a kid on the team when Richard was playing and his parents sat in the stand with other parents. I refused to sit anywhere near him but I couldn’t say anything because the son was one of Richards good friends on the team. But the dad would sit in the stands and tear down every other player except his own son and it was a poison just like this clown. You can’t tolerate people like that, you should not ignore them, they harm everyone around them, and if it isn’t called out it spreads and impacts the camaraderie. You would think he had some inside knowledge but everything he says is incorrect.

I truly hope you take it to heart. As I said, it's time to let it go and move on.

Hang in there Danc - appreciate your contribution to the board...
Thanks. I love the ignore feature on this board.

You did a fine job raising your son. I met him when he first got to IU at the new recruit introductions in Henke Hall. He was very down-to-earth and humble, and I was very impressed with him. Good kid.

Thanks for sharing about Richard's leg. That had to be excruciating for you, watching him play. I'm very glad he didn't injure it - at least in a major way - playing at IU.

As for the other stuff, I hope you don't think everyone doesn't like him or is too critical. It's just our nature as fans to complain and moan when things don't go well and to get too hyped up with they go well. I admit I'm guilty of that myself.

I hope you can look past our failings as fans and continue to follow the Hoosiers and feel like you're one of us.

Best wishes to you and Richard.

My wife had the same problem with HS parents in the stands. I felt bad for her as I could just let it go right past me but she took things to heart. Fans in the stands that are emotionally tied to players often are living through that player and see everything as a slight to them. It is sad that so many don't behave like fans but instead are critics. I am sorry you had to deal with that in the stands at IU especially since his son was friends with Richard.

Geez.

Defensive little league dad syndrome. Richard was mature and seemed to handle things very well. You, on the other hand are absolutely nuts.
Why would a parent of a player jump on a message board and put himself through a bunch of angst hearing critiques of his son’s play? None of this is a comment on your son as a person. It’s merely fans offering opinions on his performance on the field.
Stop being so hypocritical. You hate folks commenting on your son’s performance but have no hesitation taking shots at the head coach.

Geez.

Defensive little league dad syndrome. Richard was mature and seemed to handle things very well. You, on the other hand are absolutely nuts.
Why would a parent of a player jump on a message board and put himself through a bunch of angst hearing critiques of his son’s play? None of this is a comment on your son as a person. It’s merely fans offering opinions on his performance on the field.
Stop being so hypocritical. You hate folks commenting on your son’s performance but have no hesitation taking shots at the head coach.
Because people like you can’t hurt anyone, you are an anonymous coward who does nothing but post to somehow enrich a pathetic life of inadequacy and failure, it is just what people like you do and you should not be tolerated. You tear down, that is all.

And my name is attached to whatever I say and do, unlike you. Anything I say here I would say face to face. So that is not really being a hypocrite, but your lack of intellect leaves you vulnerable to making stupid statements to try and supplement your lack of importance.

And no, I have had many conversations with good people about a Richard and what did and didn't work out. But you just aren’t very smart. Like when you tried to suggest that other qbs we’re impacted like Richard by coaching. After I clearly said that players Richard’s size didn’t come around often and they require a coach familiar with tall QB issues in order to excel. And you said something to the effect that “wouldn’t it have impacted all player” like an idiot. No simpleton, shorter players are not impacted as obviously with bad mechanics.

Geez.

Geez.

Oh, and as far as little league, I could form a pro team with the guys I played ball with over the years. It isn’t that I dislike criticism towards my kids, I just can’t stand black holes of society like you.

My wife had the same problem with HS parents in the stands. I felt bad for her as I could just let it go right past me but she took things to heart. Fans in the stands that are emotionally tied to players often are living through that player and see everything as a slight to them. It is sad that so many don't behave like fans but instead are critics. I am sorry you had to deal with that in the stands at IU especially since his son was friends with Richard.
It was a weird deal. Most people think the further up you advance the lesser the issues. I have to say that the IU fans and parents were great people, we just had one that would loudly start tearing into the players and had no awareness of the parents around him. But they are gone now and the parents are more relaxed and it is a great group. Trust me, we love IU and Bloomington, we have two kids of friends that are there now, that we encouraged to go and play. IU is no exception to stupid fans, but people like you owe no apology, it is a fantastic place. Thank you.

We l
Thanks. I love the ignore feature on this board.

You did a fine job raising your son. I met him when he first got to IU at the new recruit introductions in Henke Hall. He was very down-to-earth and humble, and I was very impressed with him. Good kid.

Thanks for sharing about Richard's leg. That had to be excruciating for you, watching him play. I'm very glad he didn't injure it - at least in a major way - playing at IU.

As for the other stuff, I hope you don't think everyone doesn't like him or is too critical. It's just our nature as fans to complain and moan when things don't go well and to get too hyped up with they go well. I admit I'm guilty of that myself.

I hope you can look past our failings as fans and continue to follow the Hoosiers and feel like you're one of us.

Best wishes to you and Richard.
We love the place, the fans, everything about it. We are headed back in a few weeks. Richard is still in Indiana and is doing great because if the school and friends. I appreciate your compliment about Richard, but I have always told people hat raising kids is as much about getting them around good people as the parents and IU was a huge win.

Because people like you can’t hurt anyone, you are an anonymous coward who does nothing but post to somehow enrich a pathetic life of inadequacy and failure, it is just what people like you do and you should not be tolerated. You tear down, that is all.

And my name is attached to whatever I say and do, unlike you. Anything I say here I would say face to face. So that is not really being a hypocrite, but your lack of intellect leaves you vulnerable to making stupid statements to try and supplement your lack of importance.

And no, I have had many conversations with good people about a Richard and what did and didn't work out. But you just aren’t very smart. Like when you tried to suggest that other qbs we’re impacted like Richard by coaching. After I clearly said that players Richard’s size didn’t come around often and they require a coach familiar with tall QB issues in order to excel. And you said something to the effect that “wouldn’t it have impacted all player” like an idiot. No simpleton, shorter players are not impacted as obviously with bad mechanics.
You should just put that guy on ignore. He is like that with everyone and everything.

ADVERTISEMENT