ADVERTISEMENT

Racist July 4th attack at Lake Monroe

Yeah, they located her living in a Scottsburg hotel. You ever been to Scottsburg? Meth capital of IN. She was probably put up there by a left wing organization hellbent on keeping the natives restless until Nov. She might have been paid off big time to stage the bogus event...an outside agitator living in Greensburg, a long way from either Bloomington or Scottsburg. The whole thing might have been systematically orchestrated, including the “rednecks” encounter with the most radical left wing man they could possibly meet after a few beers. What are the chances this one black man among a crowd of what looked like 15-20 would meet like this? I’m not so sure the ensuing protest rally was as “spontaneous” in anger as advertised in the subsequent story.

Isn’t it uncanny that schools are now talking about restarting some sports in January, after the election? How convenient for them! Keep the Covid scare going to give the illusion Trump was not prepared. Make it an election issue! Make me puke!
Are you ok?

Hey Rick-

The whole series of events was a topic of conversation at the dog park this morning. Turns out a lady who teaches at Edgewood has a good friend and the girl who was thrown off the car is his DIL. Apparently they considered taking her back to the hospital yesterday because her eye had swollen shut. They decided it might be due to allergies, so held off on a return trip for the time being. But they warned her that if she noticed anything that could be an indication of continuing head injury that she should head back to the hospital immediately...

So I now know of an anonymous poster who ran into a random stranger who says she knows a teacher who has a friend who has a son that is married to the injured woman.

If any media types out there need some inside info on this case...I am available.

No crisis actor or outside agitator worth their salt would agree to be put up in a Scottsburg motel!

Seriously though, if this lady would’ve just backed up and gone down another road she could have saved herself a lot of trouble. She was not swarmed or surrounded.

Reactions: cosmickid
You don't think Law Enforcement had THAT info when they decided what charges to press against her? Again, that info was made public on the 9th. I'm guessing the guys heading to Scottsburg to arrest her on Wed knew all of that info...

Btw, you still haven't addressed the whole driving towards a person standing in a crosswalk aspect... Do you not know the rules concerning cars (vehicles), pedestrians, and those pesky white vertical lines?

You do realize that at 9 pm on a summer night it's highly likely that some of the people/ cars she might have potentially hit while travelling erratically up Walnut from 4th to 6th at an estimated speed of up to 40mph might have absolutely no connection to the protest. Right?

Why would i address the crosswalk or the time or her speed? I haven't weighed in on the situation at all other than to observe the two parrot teams go at it. I honestly haven't had the time to consider what happened, you clowns have kept me entertained.

Yeah, they located her living in a Scottsburg hotel. You ever been to Scottsburg? Meth capital of IN. She was probably put up there by a left wing organization hellbent on keeping the natives restless until Nov. She might have been paid off big time to stage the bogus event...an outside agitator living in Greensburg, a long way from either Bloomington or Scottsburg. The whole thing might have been systematically orchestrated, including the “rednecks” encounter with the most radical left wing man they could possibly meet after a few beers. What are the chances this one black man among a crowd of what looked like 15-20 would meet like this? I’m not so sure the ensuing protest rally was as “spontaneous” in anger as advertised in the subsequent story.

Isn’t it uncanny that schools are now talking about restarting some sports in January, after the election? How convenient for them! Keep the Covid scare going to give the illusion Trump was not prepared. Make it an election issue! Make me puke!
Are you drunk?

Now what Dude? I made a personal post to Marvin, who I sometimes see at the dog park on Saturdays. He wasn't there today, so I filled him in on what people he and I both know were discussing regarding recent events in Bloomington.

I guess you're free to read what is essentially a private note. But I'm not sure why you're complaining about the contents of a post clearly directed to a specific poster that you CHOSE to read?

No crisis actor or outside agitator worth their salt would agree to be put up in a Scottsburg motel!

Seriously though, if this lady would’ve just backed up and gone down another road she could have saved herself a lot of trouble. She was not swarmed or surrounded.

She served 2 yrs in Prison for Stalking. That's usually a basic slap on the wrist, pay a fine type of charge. She also has had arrests for intimidation and harassment. On top of mental issues...

I think combine all of that and a pretty accurate composite emerges of the kind of person who would drive into a person standing in a crosswalk and then continue to drive while accelerating noticeably in what appears to be an attempt to dislodge the person from the hood of your car. Maybe just being certifiably crazy is enough to explain her actions, but I'd certainly characterize what she did within the realm of harassment and intimidation...

Hold on, I thought we were talking about the lady that ran over the two people with her car. She was arrested two days later. You said the media didn't put in her blood alcohol level in the reports. I questioned how that was possible when she got arrested two days later. I didn't write that, you did.

You are all over the place with your ramblings. You should stick to one topic and stay there. You went from the guy in the woods, to the protesters to now saying there's no sports until after the election (you do know college football is doing everything they can to have a 10 game season, correct?).

You need to reign it in a little bit.
There's certainly a lot to discuss, a lot of craziness, all over the map. I do my best to decipher truth from fiction. It's not an easy task, given the biased reporting on both sides of the political spectrum. The truth lies somewhere in between and truth ain't talking, for whatever reason. It's really all just posturing in a game of oneupmanship.

Are you a card-carrying QAnon member or just trolling?

As to the "illusion" Trump wasn't prepared, there is a lot of evidence pointing exactly to that fact. Defending Trump is difficult at best, because he has made such a cottage industry out of lying that it's hard to unravel fact from fiction, even for his defenders.I'll give you one example...

Remember when both Trump and Kayleigh were trying to say that the lack of PPE and other equipment including ventilators and testing supplies was not his fault because Obama left the cupboard empty. And of course, Trump's cult naturally accepted that claim
and as usual, were quick to absolve Trump...

The problem is that while he made that claim publicly, the truth is that he told a far different story to Congress in budget deliberations for both 2019 and 2020. The Trump Admin advocated for CUTS to the pandemic preparedness budget outlay and argued that the money could be better spent in other areas. Now they either lied to the public about inheriting an empty cupboard or they lied to Congress, because when they requested the budget cut they justified that position on the fact that Obama had left a surplus and so it wasn't necessary to keep funding at that previous level. The St Louis Post Dispatch exposed the duplicity in May 2020...

“We inherited a broken, terrible system …,” Trump told reporters on April 18. “Our cupboards were bare. We had very little in our stockpile.” That was Trump’s attempt, frequently repeated by the president and recycled in White House presentations, to lay responsibility for the inept pandemic response at Obama’s feet, as if three years in office were insufficient for Trump to repair all the supposed damage his predecessor wrought.

Except it’s a lie of colossal Trumpian proportions.

We’ve taken the time to dissect Centers for Disease Control and Prevention budgets from the year before Obama left office all the way to the present. Trump can lie, but the numbers cannot. Obama left office with an unblemished record of building up the nation’s pandemic preparedness. Trump systematically sought to dismantle it.

Perhaps because of his experience with the 2015 Ebola outbreak, Obama sought to leave his successor fully prepared to confront future pandemics. He asked in his fiscal 2017 budget request to boost federal isolation and quarantine funding by $15 million, to $46.6 million. Congress approved $31.6 million. In Trump’s three years in office, he has not requested a dime more in funding.

Obama asked to nearly double his own $40 million outlay for epidemiology and laboratory capacity. Congress balked, but Obama left Trump with that $40 million as a starting point. What did Trump do? In his 2020 budget, he asked Congress to cut that number to: Zero. Zilch. Nothing.

Obama’s goal was $629.5 million in funding for pandemic preparedness, though Congress only gave him $612 million. If Trump was so worried about a bare cupboard, why did he ask Congress to cut the 2020 pandemic preparedness budget by $102.9 million? In the 2019 fiscal year budget, he sought a $595.5 million cut in the overall public health preparedness and response outlay.

The CDC budget in Obama’s final year mentions “epidemiology” or derivatives of the word 252 times. Under Trump, the word appears 129 times. The phrase “pandemic preparedness” appears exactly once in Trump’s 2020 budget."

The numbers on their own are damning enough. But the kicker is this...

Interestingly, Trump’s own 2020 budget contains a chart comparing the nation’s public health emergency preparedness before the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and where it stood in 2016 (why it stops with Obama’s final year is unclear). Before 9/11, the nation had a 20% ability to mobilize in response to a health emergency, a 5% ability to establish an incident-command system, and 0% storage and distribution capacity for critical medicines and supplies. By Obama’s final year, the nation’s preparedness on all measurements was 98% to 100%. That’s by the Trump administration’s own assessment.

If the cupboard was bare, it’s because Trump swept it clean

https://www.stltoday.com/opinion/ed...477-590d-af72-ae4e305de601.html?mode=comments

I can link other research as well, but I think I'll wait till we see how dedicated a Trump defender you want to be.

There is the WAPO Oct 29, 2019 article describing a study that rated many countries' pandemic preparedness metrics. Biden read it and commented the following day. Trump either didn't see it or decided not to acknowledge it.

There is the expose Rolling Stone did on the history of Pandemic Preparedness from Bush's first term up through present day https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/rolling-stone-timeline-coronavirus-america-982944/

And going back to summer 2019, there is the Trump Administration's abolishment of the role of US Pandemic Investigator in China. This was a position staffed by an American CDC connected Epidemiologist working within the Chinese Medical Apparatus that was a constant from at least 2007-2019.

That person (Dr Linda Quick) would have been aware of any dangerous viral outbreak. A huge part of her job was to travel with a team of experts to potential hot spots, monitor the situation, and keep both the US Govt and the CDC up to date on any potential disasters. You can read more here... https://khn.org/morning-breakout/tr...isease-outbreaks-in-china-several-months-ago/

I've discussed and linked all these accounts on this board on more than 1 occasion, but you're new (to this current discussion). So I assume you are unaware of the actual factual evidence when you claim Trump's abject lack of proper pandemic preparation is an "illusion"...

Ignorance is bliss until it morphs into plain old ignorance. That's where education and facts come in to play...

Trump's COVID response is the only thing the Dems have left. Lucky for Trump, it's a novel virus so nobody can really be expected to know what the hell is going on and when. It's easy in hindsight to see Trump made a mistake in funding, but this was before he knew we would be needing it. He took a chance on saving us a lot of money for other things people want. Unfortunately, a rare virus hit and his response is being highlighted as "poor" as a means of influencing voters. Ironically, we still don't know if this virus attack was planned or accidental. The speculation one way of the other has certainly quieted down. I wonder why? Surely they know more by now.

Wow, Putin's social media account gets its money's worth with you.

I saw a four minute video, is that not the full? She clearly hit the gas when there were people in front of her. I’m missing the “thugs.”
I would consider someone unlawfully blocking the road & then damaging my property a thug...

All the reports say the initial encounter was at 4th and Walnut and that the woman was thrown off the car when it turned right at 6th and Walnut. That's enough to know the driver was not concerned about anyone's safety.
Why would anyone be concerned about the safety of someone that jumps onto the hood of their car?

Reactions: abraxis
Hey Rick-

The whole series of events was a topic of conversation at the dog park this morning. Turns out a lady who teaches at Edgewood has a good friend and the girl who was thrown off the car is his DIL. Apparently they considered taking her back to the hospital yesterday because her eye had swollen shut. They decided it might be due to allergies, so held off on a return trip for the time being. But they warned her that if she noticed anything that could be an indication of continuing head injury that she should head back to the hospital immediately...

Thanks. I went out close to noon today when there was just one other person.

Why isn’t it? Was he born into privilege?

You do not know his story?

He lived in Hawaii very young, which was unique. His mom married and they moved to Jakarta. He had a caretaker, which is unique. He went to an Ivy League school. His mom was white and had a college degree. I believe his maternal grandparents had degrees. None of that is standard in your ordinary poor family.

Reactions: brianiu
You do not know his story?

He lived in Hawaii very young, which was unique. His mom married and they moved to Jakarta. He had a caretaker, which is unique. He went to an Ivy League school. His mom was white and had a college degree. I believe his maternal grandparents had degrees. None of that is standard in your ordinary poor family.
Oh, I missed where poor was the focal point, what I read was about him being black...sorry.

Oh, I missed where poor was the focal point, what I read was about him being black...sorry.

His mother was White, so there is a big difference right there.

I do not know about you, I was raised fairly poor and thus have virtually nothing in common with Trump, even if we are both White.

I would consider someone unlawfully blocking the road & then damaging my property a thug...
What property was damaged? Probably the scooter the guy threw . What would you consider someone who drives into a group of people?

I think combine all of that and a pretty accurate composite emerges... Maybe just being certifiably crazy is enough to explain her actions, but I'd certainly characterize what she did within the realm of harassment and intimidation...
While I am not a shrink (IANAS for @Sope Creek and @Marvin the Martian), I think a case could probably be made for her that she just flat out panicked and freaked out and just had to get away from all the people she found herself surrounded by.

Trump's COVID response is the only thing the Dems have left. Lucky for Trump, it's a novel virus so nobody can really be expected to know what the hell is going on and when. It's easy in hindsight to see Trump made a mistake in funding, but this was before he knew we would be needing it. He took a chance on saving us a lot of money for other things people want. Unfortunately, a rare virus hit and his response is being highlighted as "poor" as a means of influencing voters. Ironically, we still don't know if this virus attack was planned or accidental. The speculation one way of the other has certainly quieted down. I wonder why? Surely they know more by now.
You wrote, "Trump's COVID response is the only thing the Dems have left."

Not even close. Especially not now.
5c52048bbde70f440d34f1e6

And wasn't true a couple weeks ago either.
16711597_257123934725390_7292578425034646043_n.jpg

Booker seems concerned about the thoroughness of the FBI investigation.
I'm still curious about Kitty Liell's involvement. It's definitely out of her wheelhouse. That said, with her involved, I'm confident there won't be any sandbagging or covering up or lack of attention paid. The Bloomington legal community is small and those who actually practice at the bar know each other intimately. Oliphant is a rookie, and I'm sure she is going to make sure she's on solid ground if/when she files charges.

And before you say something about Biden's health in comparison to Trump's health, please keep this thought in mind:
C8_CAvtVYAUjrBi.x45467.jpg

My pee has been fired. Should have quit peeing a long time ago.
I didn't know my pee very well.
My pee wasn't with us very long.
My pee didn't have an important job -- only brought in the coffee or something like that.
I never approved my pee -- someone else hired my pee and I didn't know that person very well either.
I think Vice President Pence's committee determined that I could wear khakis, because my pee would dry by Easter.
Did I pee my pants? No!! Fake news!! Never happened!!

What property was damaged? Probably the scooter the guy threw . What would you consider someone who drives into a group of people?
The hood of the car likely was. I didn’t see anyone drive into a crowd of people. I saw a lady attempting to drive while someone with no right to do so tried to stop her & then jumped on the hood of her car. I don’t know anything about either of them & don’t care one iota about their affiliation, but protesting for a cause, however noble the cause may be, should not afford people the right to act with impunity or take a town, street, or any public property hostage. If you don’t want to get run over, don’t stand in the middle of the street.

The hood of the car likely was. I didn’t see anyone drive into a crowd of people. I saw a lady attempting to drive while someone with no right to do so tried to stop her & then jumped on the hood of her car. I don’t know anything about either of them & don’t care one iota about their affiliation, but protesting for a cause, however noble the cause may be, should not afford people the right to act with impunity or take a town, street, or any public property hostage. If you don’t want to get run over, don’t stand in the middle of the street.
So bottom line, should the driver be held harmless?

And before you say something about Biden's health in comparison to Trump's health, please keep this thought in mind:
C8_CAvtVYAUjrBi.x45467.jpg

My pee has been fired. Should have quit peeing a long time ago.
I didn't know my pee very well.
My pee wasn't with us very long.
My pee didn't have an important job -- only brought in the coffee or something like that.
I never approved my pee -- someone else hired my pee and I didn't know that person very well either.
I think Vice President Pence's committee determined that I could wear khakis, because my pee would dry by Easter.
Did I pee my pants? No!! Fake news!! Never happened!!
Does Biden even know which end to hold a club?

So bottom line, should the driver be held harmless?
The driver can plead that she felt her life threatened. A statement could be made that this unknown assailant was trying to get to her for bodily harm. The same goes for the guy trying to open her car door for possible harm. Why else would he reach out to grab the handle?

I'm still curious about Kitty Liell's involvement. It's definitely out of her wheelhouse. That said, with her involved, I'm confident there won't be any sandbagging or covering up or lack of attention paid. The Bloomington legal community is small and those who actually practice at the bar know each other intimately. Oliphant is a rookie, and I'm sure she is going to make sure she's on solid ground if/when she files charges.
I glanced at the Herald Telephone newspaper's front page this evening in the grocery store. I couldn't believe the press this Monroe incident is being given by the liberal media in a liberal town. They're making Booker out to be some kind of hero now, with his life story. He still calls it an attempted lynching that failed. I'll give him credit, it looks like a great career move for him, which was probably his point from the beginning. His attorney is a hard core liberal...a ball breaker. This will help her career, too. People jockeying for their own personal power in the name of racism is it in a nutshell.

His attorney is a hard core liberal...a ball breaker. This will help her career, too. People jockeying for their own personal power in the name of racism is it in a nutshell.
You obviously don't know anything about Kitty Liell. A large part of her practice has been defending those accused of racist or other lesser unsavory acts. She is far from a champion of liberal causes, aside from providing the best possible legal defense for the accused.

Last edited:
You obviously don't know anything about Kitty Liell. A large part of her practice has been defending those accused of racist or other lesser unsavory acts. She is far from champion of liberal causes, aside from providing the best possible legal defense for the accused.
Okay, I was basing it on her rhetoric in the paper after she was asked her preliminary thoughts on this Booker guys attempted murder. I used to date a liberal judge in Brown and partied at Kitty's sister's house 10-12 years ago and was introduced to a lot of those local defense attorney's at one of their big shindigs at the Bloomington CC. Some friends of mine in Indy are big Catholic liberals and were friends of Kitty's, attending her daughter's wedding last summer. I figured Kitty to be a big liberal, too, by association, if nothing else. My bad, perhaps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT