ADVERTISEMENT

Racist July 4th attack at Lake Monroe

Just saw a deeper analysis on the news, and some of it strikes me as confusing.

First off the possible charges against the Purdy crew are all felonies, while the possible charges against Vauhxx and his friend are described as misdemeanors. But one of those charges possibly levelled against both Booker and his friend is described as "criminal trespass". However, the news report said the incident occurred on DNR-leased land NOT private property, so I'm not sure the basis of the "trespass" claim?

Apparently the Purdy crowd was being rowdy, and according to the Booker group were shouting racist epithets at boats on the Lake. This apparently angered Vauhxx, who confronted them and claimed that he was a "County Commissioner" and threatened them with arrest. The report is 70 pages, and so the crew at Fox 59 was still reading it and trying to digest it...

The DNR claimed that Booker refused (on the advice of his attorney) to be interviewed by DNR. Booker's attorney issued a statement that he was refusing to answer/be interrogated by the same 2 DNR officers who, in her words, ignored his claims on July 4th. Something about the DNR officers refusing to make arrests due to a lack of physical evidence, but both Booker's friends, as well as bystanders, have claimed that when they offered to make statements or show those DNR officers videos the officer's basically ignored them...

Turned over to Monroe Co to decide how to proceed...

Btw as some have mentioned this is not the only incident with racial overtones to occur at Lake Monroe in the past 2 or 3 weeks. The IDS published this account of the incident involving IU football players. I thought it was noteworthy that even though the original call to police involved the IU football players, it was someone on the 3 rd boat that ended up getting arrested...

Brief synopsis. Apparently there was a boat full of Trump supporters all decked out in pro-Trump regalia which was the target of taunts from a boat full of Black IU football players, as well as a 3rd boat of white (I assume) students. When the (snowflake) Trump supporters called to report they were being harrassed, they specifically said a boatful of Blacks. This focus on the boat full of Black football players, as well as the omission that the Trumpers were engaging in the verbal assault as well, did not sit well with the people on the 3rd boat who complained to the cops that the Black boat was being racially profiled...

In fact one of the people on the 3rd boat was so incensed by the racial profiling that he felt occurred towards the people on the Black boat, that he ended up expressing his displeasure so vociferously that he ended up getting arrested. It's a little complicated,and I'm not sure the IDSwriter did what I'd consider a great job in laying out the basic facts...

"A complaint of passengers on a boat yelling profanities directed at another boat with a flag supporting president Donald Trump on Monroe Lake ended Wednesday with the arrest of a man who wasn't on either boat.

Passengers of the reported boat, including IU football players, spoke out on Twitter about how they felt they were racially profiled.The concerns led other IU athletes to speak out on the matter as well, including IU basketball’s rising sophomore Trayce Jackson-Davis.

IU football defensive back Bryant Fitzgerald said on Twitter that boat officers responded to him and his friends out on the lake enjoying his girlfriend's birthday after passengers on another boat started racially profiling them.

Indiana Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement received a complaint from a 46-year-old woman who said people on another boat were screaming profanities and flipping her off, according to a report provided by law enforcement."

https://www.idsnews.com/article/202...Sk0ng5vlh53mKtBoRltQJ4_6LS7ubdtucGT16MTgOSlHI

As hot as the weather was, I'm surprised the DNR officers who responded didn't discover a boat full of melted snow, flying a Trump flag...

Reactions: MrBing and brianiu
If you think shooting at a fleeing man armed with an expired taser in a crowded parking lot is exhibiting good judgement by the officers involved, then I guess we have to agree to disagree. Do you also feel that high-speed vehicle chases of people suspected of non-violent crimes are also justified, even when innocent people in other vehicles end up hurt?

I wonder how you'd feel if you were hit by a cop or a suspect they were chasing that was maybe guilty of say shoplifting? What if someone in your family was injured or killed and you found out that the suspect they charged had committed a non-violent offense?
Would you waive any possible legal action? You know that shots fired from the officers in the Brooks case actually hit other vehicles, right?

What if it was you and your kids in line at BK,and one of your kids was accidentally shot. Would you still find this to be such a cut and dried issue?

"If the people resist violently & the officers need to fear for their life Or the lives of others, they should use whatever Means necessary to take the criminal off of the street."

Those cops knew he wasn't armed with a loaded weapon. They had searched him and actually attempted to handcuff him. They also knew he had discharged the taser, and I assume they knew how their OWN tasers worked. They had his driver's license, and they knew he was not currently wanted. Again, there were other people in the line of fire, to the extent that other cars were struck by stray bullets...
& you chided me for speculating as to whether or not Brooks would do any mor damage lol...your posting here is even worse than your incessant posting of Springsteen videos.

Btw as some have mentioned this is not the only incident with racial overtones to occur at Lake Monroe in the past 2 or 3 weeks. The IDS published this account of the incident involving IU football players. I thought it was noteworthy that even though the original call to police involved the IU football players, it was someone on the 3 rd boat that ended up getting arrested...

Brief synopsis. Apparently there was a boat full of Trump supporters all decked out in pro-Trump regalia which was the target of taunts from a boat full of Black IU football players, as well as a 3rd boat of white (I assume) students. When the (snowflake) Trump supporters called to report they were being harrassed, they specifically said a boatful of Blacks. This focus on the boat full of Black football players, as well as the omission that the Trumpers were engaging in the verbal assault as well, did not sit well with the people on the 3rd boat who complained to the cops that the Black boat was being racially profiled...

In fact one of the people on the 3rd boat was so incensed by the racial profiling that he felt occurred towards the people on the Black boat, that he ended up expressing his displeasure so vociferously that he ended up getting arrested. It's a little complicated,and I'm not sure the IDSwriter did what I'd consider a great job in laying out the basic facts...

"A complaint of passengers on a boat yelling profanities directed at another boat with a flag supporting president Donald Trump on Monroe Lake ended Wednesday with the arrest of a man who wasn't on either boat.

Passengers of the reported boat, including IU football players, spoke out on Twitter about how they felt they were racially profiled.The concerns led other IU athletes to speak out on the matter as well, including IU basketball’s rising sophomore Trayce Jackson-Davis.

IU football defensive back Bryant Fitzgerald said on Twitter that boat officers responded to him and his friends out on the lake enjoying his girlfriend's birthday after passengers on another boat started racially profiling them.

Indiana Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement received a complaint from a 46-year-old woman who said people on another boat were screaming profanities and flipping her off, according to a report provided by law enforcement."

https://www.idsnews.com/article/202...Sk0ng5vlh53mKtBoRltQJ4_6LS7ubdtucGT16MTgOSlHI

As hot as the weather was, I'm surprised the DNR officers who responded didn't discover a boat full of melted snow, flying a Trump flag...

As you said, the IDS reporter did a poor job here. I always enjoy your propensity to 'fill in the blanks though".

If the account in the dead tree HT this morning is accurate, it sounds to me like Booker had every opportunity to avoid a confrontation... and got into one anyway.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
If the account in the dead tree HT this morning is accurate, it sounds to me like Booker had every opportunity to avoid a confrontation... and got into one anyway.

Wouldn't you say the same for the other folks, too?

Speaking of entrepreneurs. These two twins of Carlton Banks would obviously do anything for money. I have nothing against black conservatives, bless their heart, but these two doofs are hilariously bad. These dorks are why the term, “Uncle Tom” exists.
I don't know who these brothers are and I don't agree with them but do you think calling them Uncle Toms would be appropriate? No one should call a black man an Uncle Tom but a white person doing it is twice as offensive IMO as a black man. Like throat punching offensive.

Wouldn't you say the same for the other folks, too?

Not to speak for UM but of course they had an opportunity to avoid and failed...and they have been charged accordingly.

Two things could be true: 1. the 'necks chose to engage and assaulted the victim.

and

2. The victim had every chance to avoid it and chose not to.

I understand that concept is inconvenient but is factual in many situations related to assault or not.

Just to piss a few here off i will apply it to the subsequent protests in Btown:

1. The driver chose not to go around the protest and chose to drive forward with the victim on the hood and has been charged for same.

and

2. The victim had every opportunity to avoid the situation but instead chose to jump on the car's hood.

Not to speak for UM but of course they had an opportunity to avoid and failed...and they have been charged accordingly.

Two things could be true: 1. the 'necks chose to engage and assaulted the victim.

and

2. The victim had every chance to avoid it and chose not to.

I understand that concept is inconvenient but is factual in many situations related to assault or not.

Just to piss a few here off i will apply it to the subsequent protests in Btown:

1. The driver chose not to go around the protest and chose to drive forward with the victim on the hood and has been charged for same.

and

2. The victim had every opportunity to avoid the situation but instead chose to jump on the car's hood.

I don't have a problem with that.

What did the account in the dead tree suggest? Being drunk and wearing a confederate hat, especially while on your own private property, is not a crime.
Booker and his friend took the shortcut. They encountered Purdy, the report said, who was wearing a red cut-off T-shirt and a cowboy hat with a Confederate flag on it. Purdy gave them a ride; Booker gave him a beer from his 12-pack.

Later, after hearing Purdy had challenged someone else who had cut through the private property, the report said, Booker told his friends he was going back to talk to the group. He wanted to educate them about how their behavior and the Confederate flag symbol are hurtful.

Booker’s friends tried to stop him, but he returned to the McCord property. They soon heard a commotion and said they found Purdy restraining a bent-over Booker against a tree.​

Reactions: brianiu
Booker and his friend took the shortcut. They encountered Purdy, the report said, who was wearing a red cut-off T-shirt and a cowboy hat with a Confederate flag on it. Purdy gave them a ride; Booker gave him a beer from his 12-pack.

Later, after hearing Purdy had challenged someone else who had cut through the private property, the report said, Booker told his friends he was going back to talk to the group. He wanted to educate them about how their behavior and the Confederate flag symbol are hurtful.

Booker’s friends tried to stop him, but he returned to the McCord property. They soon heard a commotion and said they found Purdy restraining a bent-over Booker against a tree.​

Perfectly logical time to go educate some rednecks: when they are drunk and already triggered.

What could go wrong?

I don't know who these brothers are and I don't agree with them but do you think calling them Uncle Toms would be appropriate? No one should call a black man an Uncle Tom but a white person doing it is twice as offensive IMO as a black man. Like throat punching offensive.

My sincere apologies, Mr. Bing. I had just received that from a white conservative friend at the time, insinuating that those two guys represented most black people’s thoughts. The two guys in the video just strike me as trying too hard with their schtick. I didn’t call them “Uncle Tom’s”, just said that’s why the term exists. Either way, bad judgement on my part.

My sincere apologies, Mr. Bing. I had just received that from a white conservative friend at the time, insinuating that those two guys represented most black people’s thoughts. The two guys in the video just strike me as trying too hard with their schtick. I didn’t call them “Uncle Tom’s”, just said that’s why the term exists. Either way, bad judgement on my part.
No worries brother. And I agree about those two guys trying too hard too.

Reactions: Morrison

Every version of this story makes Booker sound like an insufferable prick.

First I ever heard of the guy was when he led protests against BPD buying the Bearcat. I was against it myself, but Booker made a clown show out of it. Then he got himself appointed to the Human Rights Commission, but I hadn't heard of anything there. But when I saw he was involved in this incident, my skeptical, cynical senses went on high alert.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
First I ever heard of the guy was when he led protests against BPD buying the Bearcat. I was against it myself, but Booker made a clown show out of it. Then he got himself appointed to the Human Rights Commission, but I hadn't heard of anything there. But when I saw he was involved in this incident, my skeptical, cynical senses went on high alert.
I just talked to a friend in Bloomington about him. I guess he has alienated a lot of people in the past, including BLM folks. He was the one that kept interrupting the mayor’s speech with a megaphone a couple years ago ( oh that’s the Bearcat you’re talking about, right? ) . Still surprised that his attorney took on the case.

Bottom line here is:

Headline Nationally: Attempted Lynching in Bloomington Indiana

Follow up Headline: Three White men who Attempted Lynching in Bloomington Indiana found not guilty.

As you said, the IDS reporter did a poor job here. I always enjoy your propensity to 'fill in the blanks though".

So it sounds like you're assigning a negative connotation to "filling in the blanks". I'm not sure if you're asserting that I made stuff up, or exactly what you're complaint is. But I went back and read my post and I'm pretty sure everything I posted in my summary is accurate when it comes to what the article claims. I'm not sure why you'd view that as a negative, but everyone has opinions...

Often I have a basic understanding of an incident apart from the particular link I post, but in this case, my knowledge of the incident is only what I read in the story. So if you feel I embellished or made unfounded statements I apologize, but I really feel I stuck strictly to what the article says.

So it sounds like you're assigning a negative connotation to "filling in the blanks". I'm not sure if you're asserting that I made stuff up, or exactly what you're complaint is. But I went back and read my post and I'm pretty sure everything I posted in my summary is accurate when it comes to what the article claims. I'm not sure why you'd view that as a negative, but everyone has opinions...

Often I have a basic understanding of an incident apart from the particular link I post, but in this case, my knowledge of the incident is only what I read in the story. So if you feel I embellished or made unfounded statements I apologize, but I really feel I stuck strictly to what the article says.

Not a complaint...an observation.

I was gunna say the same but I knew you’d handle. I actually thought they were funny.

Reactions: MrBing
Yep. The heard “what do you want to call me” on the video is the first thing that made me think it wasn’t just the red neck neckbeards at fault here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT