ADVERTISEMENT

Race Thompson

southernIN058

Recruit
Nov 17, 2019
I’m no genius but it is quite clear to me that our team is often better against real competition when he’s on the floor. Why does he continue to get little playing time? He’s athletic and strong enough to defend unlike Brunk and Davis and he’s ok offensively, he’ll even get an offensive board here and there. Did he bang CAM’s wife or what? If we had blown last nights game I would have blamed it on his rotations but Brunk and Al did play good enough for us to pull it out and I was happy that they did but I want Race playing more than Brunk. There’s a reason why we’ve gotten off to bad starts the last few games.

I’m no genius but it is quite clear to me that our team is often better against real competition when he’s on the floor. Why does he continue to get little playing time? He’s athletic and strong enough to defend unlike Brunk and Davis and he’s ok offensively, he’ll even get an offensive board here and there. Did he bang CAM’s wife or what? If we had blown last nights game I would have blamed it on his rotations but Brunk and Al did play good enough for us to pull it out and I was happy that they did but I want Race playing more than Brunk. There’s a reason why we’ve gotten off to bad starts the last few games.

Race has a role that predominantly involves defense and rebounding, and is a bit limited on offense. I think last night, IU's issues were more on the offensive side of the ball with the exception of a 3 and a half minute period early in the first half where UConn scored 15 points. I think Race's minutes were eaten up more by Anderson/Hunter last night

Reactions: troylw
Race has the mental part. His motor is not there yet.

I was questioning having DA and Hunter playing together late into the game. Playing Brunk late in a key role also tool a lot of balls and trust from Archie.

Brunk needs to get better guarding the pick and roll. He was lost on one play as the screener cut toward the rim while Joey was running toward half court. The UConn player ran past Joey and scored with an easy pass and layup.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
Saying things or suggestions that he would be involved with the coaches wife is not in anyway relevant to the coversation.

Saying things or suggestions that he would be involved with the coaches wife is not in anyway relevant to the coversation.
Can you confirm it didn't happen?;)

Seriously? Are you the only one that thought the poster was serious?

Reactions: Cavanagh

I know right! What is wrong with people today? Obviously I don’t really think Race is having an affair with Archie’s wife. I do believe that Race deserves more PT though and we would be better off if he got more and less of Brunk. Brunk did some nice things late in the game but throughout he did plenty of bad as well. He was completely out matched but had a few minutes in crunch time where he came through and I’m glad he did but I highly doubt that’s going to become the norm. Race can compete physically with the other athletic bigs where Brunk struggles. I think Brunk needs to play in short stretches as he has to give 150% in order to be productive.

Reactions: kmathum

Down puppy, that was not what I was referring to. Everyone likes respect. I do not believe it happened or ever will. Take a Purdue fan and say such there would be war over saying it.

I know right! What is wrong with people today? Obviously I don’t really think Race is having an affair with Archie’s wife. I do believe that Race deserves more PT though and we would be better off if he got more and less of Brunk. Brunk did some nice things late in the game but throughout he did plenty of bad as well. He was completely out matched but had a few minutes in crunch time where he came through and I’m glad he did but I highly doubt that’s going to become the norm. Race can compete physically with the other athletic bigs where Brunk struggles. I think Brunk needs to play in short stretches as he has to give 150% in order to be productive.
I agree on Thomson. To be clear, nothing wrong with your right to say what’s on your mind. I have the same right for my way of thinking. Good win.

Down puppy, that was not what I was referring to. Everyone likes respect. I do not believe it happened or ever will. Take a Purdue fan and say such there would be war over saying it.
Please stay out of the AOTF. You will be horrified at people making jokes about sleeping with posters' mothers or wives.

Brunk needs to get better guarding the pick and roll. He was lost on one play as the screener cut toward the rim while Joey was running toward half court. The UConn player ran past Joey and scored with an easy pass and layup.
I don't claim to know much, but it looks to me like Joey gets out waaay too far on the hedge when defending a ball screen, at least too far for him. He never gets back on his man quick enough, and is much too slow to keep the guard from making some kind of play while he's stranded out high.

Reactions: kkott and .Gerdis
Every game we have a thread of why didn't so and so play 40 minutes. You might note there is only 200 minutes in the games and minutes are going to be distributed on matchups and play quality. It was my feeling that Uconn's size inside cut into Race's time

Please don’t explain yourself. Either the poster was stating this in jest, or is just totally moronic

It really dosen't matter what YOU want. CAM gets paid to make those decisions.

"You don't believe it happened or will ever happen", Jesus, it was an obvious joke, if you have more info or concern, we'd love to hear it … maybe that is what's wrong with this team

Basketball games and their subsequent discussions are meant for entertainment purposes. I found his comment to be highly amusing by the interesting visual it created in my mind. (Archie was watching!) Let it go. Don't try and fun spoil the fun 'cause spoiled fun ain't as much fun.

Race is passing my eye test.

Defensively, we are better with him over Brunk or Davis and it’s not close. Mainly, it’s because he moves better defending the pick and roll and recovers better after close outs. He rebounds well, but doesn’t defend taller bigs on the block as well yet. That could be why his minutes were limited recently.

Offensively, he doesn’t dominate possessions like the other 5s tend to do, and plays within the flow. Outstanding offensive rebound% and can step out to the 3 point line to stretch the floor for drivers, cutters or TJD on the block.

RP, Green, Smith and TJD are locks for most minutes if healthy. I like the smaller line up with Durham when needed or being able to go bigger with some combination of Race/hunter/Anderson.

Race has a role that predominantly involves defense and rebounding, and is a bit limited on offense. I think last night, IU's issues were more on the offensive side of the ball with the exception of a 3 and a half minute period early in the first half where UConn scored 15 points. I think Race's minutes were eaten up more by Anderson/Hunter last night

Yes, I think you are correct. UConn always has size and interior defense, and that is where troubles for TJD can be, though he dis fairly well anyway because he is awesome.

Race is passing my eye test.

Defensively, we are better with him over Brunk or Davis and it’s not close. Mainly, it’s because he moves better defending the pick and roll and recovers better after close outs. He rebounds well, but doesn’t defend taller bigs on the block as well yet. That could be why his minutes were limited recently.

Offensively, he doesn’t dominate possessions like the other 5s tend to do, and plays within the flow. Outstanding offensive rebound% and can step out to the 3 point line to stretch the floor for drivers, cutters or TJD on the block.

RP, Green, Smith and TJD are locks for most minutes if healthy. I like the smaller line up with Durham when needed or being able to go bigger with some combination of Race/hunter/Anderson.
Agree. I think we could plug Race in at any time with minimal to no drop off. Maybe even some benefits. I think back to the D he played against Wiscy last year...

Let's not be so quick to jump to conclusions either way. I volunteer to have an affair with CAM's wife, and I'll see if I can get her to admit to an affair with Race and then we'll know for sure!

Cal was an assistant at Pitt and recruited. Old man Miller coached at Blackhawk for 30 years. Cal became friends with the Millers as a result.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
I googled Miller's wife to see what she looks like again and ran across this.
Has anyone ever seen this before??
Its old but it was left unanswered.
Both her and their daughter was in full blue attire with Calipari

https://247sports.com/college/alaba...Millers-wife-be-at-the-UK-Bama-game-35252316/
This is the crap that makes me crazy. You really didn’t know that the Calipari’s and Millers are friends? How the hell can you analyze a game or player and not follow the game or have knowledge of it. Their relationship has been talked about and written about here and other places extensively.

Try reading more and typing less. Some basketball expert you are. Ridiculous.

Can we stop with the players ‘banging Archie’s wife’ bull? It’s disrespectful to a beautiful woman who loves basketball and she doesn’t deserve it. It’s sickening.

Can we stop with the players ‘banging Archie’s wife’ bull? It’s disrespectful to a beautiful woman who loves basketball and she doesn’t deserve it. It’s sickening.

giphy.gif

I agree, can we stop "Cavanugh" too then. He posts this super G^Y picture of himself, claiming to be "good looking" in another thread and gets made fun of by everybody, then insults me in the same vein … talking about my wife ... for disagreeing with him on basketball. WTF. And like I care, but why would do that, sick weirdo?

Last edited:
You’re definitely a liberal. Listen, it doesn’t disrespect her at all because I wasn’t being serious and anyone with some sense knows that. It was my way of saying that I don’t understand why he’s not getting more PT. None of us think that there is a players sleeping with his CAM’s wife. She isn’t going to read this and find you and give you a BJ as a reward for standing up for her when there was nothing to stand up for in the first place!

You’re definitely a liberal. Listen, it doesn’t disrespect her at all because I wasn’t being serious and anyone with some sense knows that. It was my way of saying that I don’t understand why he’s not getting more PT. None of us think that there is a players sleeping with his CAM’s wife. She isn’t going to read this and find you and give you a BJ as a reward for standing up for her when there was nothing to stand up for in the first place!
You do not have to be a liberal to have a grasp of the term "good taste".

I'm a conservative, and hate PC, and I also thought it was tasteless. Not a big deal, however..... this is a message board.

I'm a conservative, and hate PC, and I also thought it was tasteless. Not a big deal, however..... this is a message board.
I found the comment as it was intended. No disrespect or harm intended. Certainly nothing to be offended about unless you spend your life looking for things to be outraged or offended about.

I prefer common sense and tolerance, but you can be outraged if you want to join that group.

I am a liberal and it didn't bother me because it was obviously a joke. Liberals are not humorless finger-wagging thought police.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
I know right!

If this is any indication, you know squat. It was crude, totally unnecessary and not even remotely funny. Elementary school-level sensationalism - as amusing/relevant as posts would be in a similar vein about sisters, mothers or anyone of the fairer sex pulling trains.

Yes it's a message board, and the message is that some here are certifiable morons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT