ADVERTISEMENT

RabJohns said IU did NOT contact Holtmann

Goodman responded to Rabjohns tweet by explaining plausible deniability to Rabs... lol. I don't care for him, but I think I'm siding with Goodman. Rabs was very precise that Dolson had no contact with Holtmann... that left a lot of other windows open. IU needs to batten down the hatches and shut down the leakage.

Goodman responded to Rabjohns tweet by explaining plausible deniability to Rabs... lol. I don't care for him, but I think I'm siding with Goodman. Rabs was very precise that Dolson had no contact with Holtmann... that left a lot of other windows open. IU needs to batten down the hatches and shut down the leakage.
yup. Is rabjohns contradicting a fellow 247 sports writer? lol. Rabjohns is a reliable IU stenographer. Nothing more.

Reactions: DAG10 and EarlTubbs
The problem was that this was most certainly leaked by Holtmann. Also, I'm going to guess that Texas has already probably had similar back channel communication with 20+ people already.

The problem was that this was most certainly leaked by Holtmann. Also, I'm going to guess that Texas has already probably had similar back channel communication with 20+ people already.
Yeah, probably did come from OSU side, but damn couldn't IU just own it with some dignity. I mean it's not like it's embarrassing to reach out to Holtmann for crying out loud. What's embarrassing is being 007 for no reason.

The problem with Goodman's rebuttle is we aren't using a coaching service for our hire. Dolson is doing this one.

So do you think that Dolson himself is doing all the phone work (or whatever)? I can’t believe he wouldn’t be using intermediaries at least to some extent. Honest question.

Very well could be, but if we were "zeroing in on Holtman" like Goodman claims, Dolson would be the one that would be involved, no?

Welp, it happened, so idk what to tell you?

The “zeroed in” made NO sense ... also “reached out” could just be as simple as “here is a list of 10-15 coaches we want you to reach out to initially as part of our due diligence”

But ... the messaging made it sound like we were desperately after Holtmann and he just held up his hand and shook his head no ... sorry ... not buying it

The phrase “zeroing in” would indicate that to me, at least, yes. Different connotation than “contacted” or (ugh) “reached out to.”
That's true, but my gut tells me that the media guys are having some fun at IU's expense now. Zeroing in was TIC to poke fun at us. Clown shows are a riot for media guys and this is developing all the earmarks of just exactly that.

Reactions: Radio Zero
VictoriousEdibleBarracuda-size_restricted.gif

The “zeroed in” made NO sense ... also “reached out” could just be as simple as “here is a list of 10-15 coaches we want you to reach out to initially as part of our due diligence”

But ... the messaging made it sound like we were desperately after Holtmann and he just held up his hand and shook his head no ... sorry ... not buying it
You're right, the subtle messaging stinks. Idk if that was part of Doyel's reporting or just how that asshole Goodman reframed the narrative. I'd guess that Dolson's rep reaching out was the opposite of "zeroing in"

What difference does it make anyway? A couple rams butting heads on the side of a mountain in a game of oneupmanship is really all it is. This is what happens when people have too much time on their hands. The competition never stops.

ADVERTISEMENT