ADVERTISEMENT

R.I.P. Maid Marian

Bill4411

All-American
Jun 24, 2001
csu9uf7jo8d51.jpg

Olivia de Havilland 1916-2020

The Adventures of Robin Hood was one of my all time favorite movies.

Liked her sister better. Never understood that life-long feud between them. Seems like the bigger sister should have been a bigger person.

McHoop

Reactions: Bill4411
csu9uf7jo8d51.jpg

Olivia de Havilland 1916-2020

The Adventures of Robin Hood was one of my all time favorite movies.
I loved that movie as a kid and also The Mark of Zorro from around 38. The guy who played Fiar Tuck also played in the Zorro movie as a priest. His name was Eugene Pallette. What a great gravel type voice he had. Interesting fact about Pallette was he got his education at Culver Military Academy up in Northern Indiana.

Reactions: Bill4411
I loved that movie as a kid and also The Mark of Zorro from around 38. The guy who played Fiar Tuck also played in the Zorro movie as a priest. His name was Eugene Pallette. What a great gravel type voice he had. Interesting fact about Pallette was he got his education at Culver Military Academy up in Northern Indiana.
Cram it up your cramhole

According to Wikipedia they were never intimate. That surprised me.
That's what she said but I think a lot of people are skeptical. Funny Errol barely made it to 50 and Livy lived to 104. Errol when examined after his death were surprised that he lasted to 50. Olivia did make one great observation about the house that Flynn and David Niven shared dubbing it "Cirrhosis by the Sea". I read it years ago but Niven talks a lot about Flynn in his book, "The Moon's a balloon", maybe the best celebrity autobiography of all time.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
That's what she said but I think a lot of people are skeptical. Funny Errol barely made it to 50 and Livy lived to 104. Errol when examined after his death were surprised that he lasted to 50. Olivia did make one great observation about the house that Flynn and David Niven shared dubbing it "Cirrhosis by the Sea". I read it years ago but Niven talks a lot about Flynn in his book, "The Moon's a balloon", maybe the best celebrity autobiography of all time.

Eroll was basically an all day everyday drunk if I'm not mistaken.

Buddy of mine had a "Live Hard, Die Fast" tattoo. People would ask him why he'd gotten that. His reply was "What, you think it should be Live Hard, Die Slow"???

He never made it to 40.

Among other things. He definitely had a lot of miles on him despite looking like an Olympic athlete he had a heart condition, suffered from malaria and had an incurable sexually transmitted disease (or at least untreated) at the time of his death. You don't get a common phrase like, "Your in like Flynn" about your behavior for nothing. Errol had living with a girl that he met when she was 15 at the time of his death she was still underage.

Well.....there is that reaction. Guess you hate Eugene Pallette. Actually I can understand your anger if it was because I did not mention anything about Olivia. To be honest it is the only movie I remember her in.
She was in a lot of great movies. Errol and Olivia essentially both achieved stardom in 1935 when they appeared in Captain Blood but Olivia is most well known for playing Melanie in "Gone With the Wind"; she also won two Oscars for best female performance. Hint, if you want to see what movies someone appeared in check the Independent Movie Data base:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000014/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

She was in a lot of great movies. Errol and Olivia essentially both achieved stardom in 1935 when they appeared in Captain Blood but Olivia is most well known for playing Melanie in "Gone With the Wind"; she also won two Oscars for best female performance. Hint, if you want to see what movies someone appeared in check the Independent Movie Data base:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000014/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
Thank you very much.

Buddy of mine had a "Live Hard, Die Fast" tattoo. People would ask him why he'd gotten that. His reply was "What, you think it should be Live Hard, Die Slow"???

He never made it to 40.

It's amazing to me though how many of these celebrities last so long. You got Mad Mel, the Hoff, Sheen, Depp, etc still going strong. Larry Hagman and Mickey Mantle lasted well into their 60s and 70s. Oliver Reed amazingly made it to 61. Peter Otoole was 83 I believe. Queen Margaret was 71. John Wayne smoked 3 packs a day and was drunk most of his life and still made it into his 70s. But then you have guys like Hank Williams who I believe died very young. Still, the liver must be one very resilient organ.

Last edited:
Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT