ADVERTISEMENT

Quick note for RBB

stagehand

All-American
Jul 2, 2002
Can't locate the thread where this was first mentioned, so... I asked why IU didn't have something posted on the outfield fence re BiG Ten titles won. You suggested they'd only won 2 or 3 (Tourneys included). The writer for the H-T this morning mentioned we'd won 7. Not trying to show you up, but 7 years on a banner would seem to justify that banner. I think it'd be kinda cool.

Can't locate the thread where this was first mentioned, so... I asked why IU didn't have something posted on the outfield fence re BiG Ten titles won. You suggested they'd only won 2 or 3 (Tourneys included). The writer for the H-T this morning mentioned we'd won 7. Not trying to show you up, but 7 years on a banner would seem to justify that banner. I think it'd be kinda cool.
Absolutely. That sounds much better. They could do it with 1 and I'd be for it, I was just guessing as to why they don't display that stuff.

Thanks for the head's up!

According to Wikipedia it's six regular season, and four tournament titles

Regular season 1925, 32, 38, 49,13,14
Tourney 1996, 09, 13, 14

Factoid Everett Dean won a couple of them as coach. In 1925 he led both the baseball and basketball teams to titles. He was 27yrs old at the time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT