ADVERTISEMENT

Questions for the Dem leaning members of the Cooler...

So because he has an opinion not likely to be changed he deserves to be lambasted & ridiculed? Or because it is different than yours? Butthurt & Hickory. There are posters like Mass from the right that are off the rails too, but there are many fewer than from the left...
You were characterizing it as discussion. Many on here see it for what it is, which is heavy-handed proselytizing. I have asked a few times for him to provide proof of what he says, and I usually am met with crickets. He usually only replies to my "snarky" posts to complain, while totally ignoring my posts chock full of substance.

There are lefties on here that are off the rails. There are Righties on here who are off the rails. There are also so-called middle of the roaders on here who are off the rails. I have decided to focus on the Right. You have decided to focus on the left. So be it.

You raise an interesting point, though. In my early years on here, I used to constantly see Righties bemoaning the fact that this board is radically left. I would posit that the divide between Left and Right is not that out of whack. There are a ton of Right-leaning posters here, including most of the moderators who chime in. While the majority of the board participants may be Left, I don't think it's some outrageous percentage, and certainly not so uneven to justify some of the Right who complain it about it way too much.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Why would they agree to vote for one bill that is friendly to them if they know that the rest is going to be pushed by reconciliation anyway? That is not a compromise at all.

Because it's an extremely popular bill.

The pubs can say they participated and cut out the crazy lib stuff and now the dems have to use reconciliation (thanks, that's the word I couldn't think of) to try to get their libby BS passed.

It also makes it harder to use reconciliation because they can go to conservative dems like Manchin with the same story.

I disagree about the quantity of hatred and bigotry centered-posts, and the focus of COH's posts. His posts inviting "discussion" are usually his predetermined and locked in opinions that are presented in a way that precludes real debate.
First, I don't think COH posts to change your mind... he's just stating his opinion. I never ever have posted on here to try to change anyone's opinion because I have better odds winning the lottery (and I don't play) than changing someone's mind.

Secondly, I think a lot of posters are set on "winning" the debate... whatever winning means to them. They need to get their egos stroked.

Third, when I post, which I have done a little more lately, I do it for fun and fun only.

Rock used to post a lot but he did exactly what you say COH does... he stated him opinion as though it's a fact. However, he did bring some good stuff to the board.

This board would be a lot better if people just responded to the post and not the person. You learn pretty quickly whose posts to read... you know some is the same drivel over and over because they're so partisan that they can't possibly see someone having a different opinion from them. If they have a different opinion then they're automatically a moron. Maarvin and I don't agree on a lot politically but I just about always read what he post because he does have some good information. There are others that I always read too.... Marvin was just an example.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
First, I don't think COH posts to change your mind... he's just stating his opinion. I never ever have posted on here to try to change anyone's opinion because I have better odds winning the lottery (and I don't play) than changing someone's mind.

Secondly, I think a lot of posters are set on "winning" the debate... whatever winning means to them. They need to get their egos stroked.

Third, when I post, which I have done a little more lately, I do it for fun and fun only.

Rock used to post a lot but he did exactly what you say COH does... he stated him opinion as though it's a fact. However, he did bring some good stuff to the board.

This board would be a lot better if people just responded to the post and not the person. You learn pretty quickly whose posts to read... you know some is the same drivel over and over because they're so partisan that they can't possibly see someone having a different opinion from them. If they have a different opinion then they're automatically a moron. Maarvin and I don't agree on a lot politically but I just about always read what he post because he does have some good information. There are others that I always read too.... Marvin was just an example.
You obviously read my posts. Thank you for your patronage.

You obviously read my posts. Thank you for your patronage.
You do some good stuff sometimes ... I sure wish that you'd stick with that. :)

I even read some of the really partisan posters sometimes just so I can give them a shot back. :) Seriously, I think there are a few posters on here who are constantly searching for something to make the other party or a member of the other party look bad. I very seldom even read this forum is 2020 because I knew 90% of the threads would be/ or turn into something about Trump. He's an asshole and I didn't need another thread to tell me that.

Must suck to be so butthurt. Find someone to give you a hug....if anyone is willing.

Edited: I’ve got a great idea, you, Hickory, Goat, Stuffshit & Vanderhog should start a Republican hate group. It could be cathartic.

Second edit: Sorry to Tommy, Hoops, Cosmic, etc. I couldn’t name you all but don’t want to be dismissive of your hatred or bigotry.
No offense taken my fellow Democrat voter.

BWAA HAA HAAA HEEEE HEEEE HOOOO HAAAA HAAAA HAAAA HEEEE HEEEE HAAAA HAAAA HAAAA.

Sorry, that broke me.

Dude you shit all over dem leaders, constantly chide left posters and gleefully participate when there is a right wing circle jerk on here.

I know you think that your little shtick works but you fool no one and therefore thinking 'hey if I'm a pub pretending to be a dem than it can make my accusations seem more legit on an anonymous message board' it doesn't....you just look like a fraud.

You're totally one of those Trumpsters that went on Twitter pretending that you were a lifelong dem but are leaving because you have 'real concerns'.

(that's a popular troll move to gain sympathy from the opposing side and then it's easier to convert to your side).

Sure Joe.
Why is that hard to believe? I wanted biden over trump. For many of us if we think they’re going to be middle of the road we don’t care that much whether they’re republicans or democrats. Personally I’m not sure I’ve ever voted republican. On Tort reform alone. Tho I would have voted trump in 16

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Why is that hard to believe? I wanted biden over trump. For many of us if we think they’re going to be middle of the road we don’t care that much whether they’re republicans or democrats

. . . And are you happy/satisfied with the results so far and are you optimistic about where Biden/Pelosi/Schumer/et al intend to take this country?

. . . And are you happy/satisfied with the results so far and are you optimistic about where Biden/Pelosi/Schumer/et al intend to take this country?
No it’s been a bait and switch. Same thing I did to my stoker

I'm good so far. Remains to be seen whether Mitch will be willing to work with them to move things forward or whether he stays in full obstructionist mode. I don't think Biden will fall for it like Obama did.

I'm good so far. Remains to be seen whether Mitch will be willing to work with them to move things forward or whether he stays in full obstructionist mode. I don't think Biden will fall for it like Obama did.

Well, there's a shocking surprise. But then I asked McMurtry.

I'm sure they do. But there's a lot of bullshit too. Everyone pays.
For sure. A lot of it depends on the state too and the system. For instance fla has a tort threshold before you can get pain and suffering otherwise you just make a pip claim for a portion of your meds and lost wages against your own insurance carrier. This removes a lot of the bs claims

Why is that hard to believe? I wanted biden over trump. For many of us if we think they’re going to be middle of the road we don’t care that much whether they’re republicans or democrats. Personally I’m not sure I’ve ever voted republican. On Tort reform alone. Tho I would have voted trump in 16

You don't say you're a democrat and then have the posting history and style that Jet has on here.

I don't care that he rips on libs or come to the defense of this board's right wingers or complain that dems are no different than Republicans and that we have Trump derangement syndrome or has a tendency to like right wing viewpoints.

Just stop claiming being a dem.

That's a common troll move (and a common Russian influence/troll move).

You pretend you're with the opposition but you have 'concerns'. You pick up more followers and slowly move further away in the hopes that people follow.

You see it all the time on Twitter and other social media.

For example during the election 'I'm a lifelong dem voter but I'm really concerned about Biden's cognitive issues. My mother has dementia and Biden is showing the same early signs that she did'.

It's a softer way to push a narrative if you can convince people that you are 'one of them'.

Anyway, I think Jet is playing a troll game on the WC. He seems like a normal IU fan on the basketball forums but I think he's having a laugh with his 'I'm a dem' shtick.

You don't say you're a democrat and then have the posting history and style that Jet has on here.

I don't care that he rips on libs or come to the defense of this board's right wingers or complain that dems are no different than Republicans and that we have Trump derangement syndrome or has a tendency to like right wing viewpoints.

Just stop claiming being a dem.

That's a common troll move (and a common Russian influence/troll move).

You pretend you're with the opposition but you have 'concerns'. You pick up more followers and slowly move further away in the hopes that people follow.

You see it all the time on Twitter and other social media.

For example during the election 'I'm a lifelong dem voter but I'm really concerned about Biden's cognitive issues. My mother has dementia and Biden is showing the same early signs that she did'.

It's a softer way to push a narrative if you can convince people that you are 'one of them'.

Anyway, I think Jet is playing a troll game on the WC. He seems like a normal IU fan on the basketball forums but I think he's having a laugh with his 'I'm a dem' shtick.
You know nothing. Keep asssuming whatever you like. I am registered as a Democrat, mainly because I had to many years ago to be eligible to vote in a primary I was interested in. I have voted many times for both parties, & am conservative on some issues, mainly economic, & quite liberal on others, such as gun control, abortion, marijuana legislation, etc., which whether it fits your narrative or not, puts me in the middle. Sorry that doesn’t fit your narrative. I have chosen not to align myself on this board with the largest group of intolerant hate mongers, being the group you are firmly planted in. Many of my posts are in opposition to the poster & presentation of their opinions, not the ideas themselves. But you be you & put people in whichever box helps your outrage feel justified.

Reactions: NPT
You know nothing. Keep asssuming whatever you like. I am registered as a Democrat, mainly because I had to many years ago to be eligible to vote in a primary I was interested in. I have voted many times for both parties, & am conservative on some issues, mainly economic, & quite liberal on others, such as gun control, abortion, marijuana legislation, etc., which whether it fits your narrative or not, puts me in the middle. Sorry that doesn’t fit your narrative. I have chosen not to align myself on this board with the largest group of intolerant hate mongers, being the group you are firmly planted in. Many of my posts are in opposition to the poster & presentation of their opinions, not the ideas themselves. But you be you & put people in whichever box helps your outrage feel justified.
I think there are a lot of people that have their head so far up their party's ass that they just can't visualize someone voting for both parties. It's beyond their comprehension that a person might agree with policies for the opposition because they are automatically against whatever that policy is based on party alone.
And so many think that if you support the policies of a president you automatically like the person. No matter who the president is they always have some policies that I support.

I think there are a lot of people that have their head so far up their party's ass that they just can't visualize someone voting for both parties. If's beyond their comprehension that a person might agree with policies for the opposition because they are automatically against whatever that policy is based on party alone.
And so many think that if you support the policies of a president you automatically like the person. No matter who the president is they always have some policies that I support.

I suspect we have a lot of straight ticket voters here and in the general voting population. I agree with you it’s a bad practice. It puts the focus on the party and not the candidate. It’s also incredibly lazy and irresponsible. Do your homework and spend a few minutes vetting the candidates for the races you will be voting in. It’s not hard. If you can’t do this because you hate all Republicans or all Democrats then you are a bad citizen.

I suspect we have a lot of straight ticket voters here and in the general voting population. I agree with you it’s a bad practice. It puts the focus on the party and not the candidate. It’s also incredibly lazy and irresponsible. Do your homework and spend a few minutes vetting the candidates for the races you will be voting in. It’s not hard. If you can’t do this because you hate all Republicans or all Democrats then you are a bad citizen.
When people tell me they voted straight ticket anything, I know that is someone I don't need to waste any time listening to.

When people tell me they voted straight ticket anything, I know that is someone I don't need to waste any time listening to.
Yep it's like the saying "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts" :)

You admit to this:
I have chosen not to align myself on this board with the largest group of intolerant hate mongers, being the group you are firmly planted in. Many of my posts are in opposition to the poster & presentation of their opinions, not the ideas themselves.

Then chastise Tommy with this:
put people in whichever box helps your outrage feel justified.

Anyone else see the issue here?

The GOP wasn't making any good faith effort with ACA other than trying to make it fail so they could be winners politically.
This is actually accurate and in doing so, we all missed the opportunity to make much needed changes to the plan. Pubs never offered the replacement plan they claimed they had. Now we are saddled with a huge middle class that is paying huge premiums for what is essentially a worst case senario safety net.

This is actually accurate and in doing so, we all missed the opportunity to make much needed changes to the plan. Pubs never offered the replacement plan they claimed they had. Now we are saddled with a huge middle class that is paying huge premiums for what is essentially a worst case senario safety net.
Obscene premiums.

You admit to this:

Then chastise Tommy with this:

Anyone else see the issue here?
I will readily admit, I have allowed the pigs to drag me into the muck with you all far too often...I should learn to ignore personal attacks from the left.

I will readily admit, I have allowed the pigs to drag me into the muck with you all far too often...I should learn to ignore personal attacks from the left.

Yea, personal attacks are only going left to right on this forum lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT