ADVERTISEMENT

Questions for Lawyers and Folk

Nope. You don't see.

The one that needs the dose of MYOFB, is the florist owner.

Missed that . . .

I knew there was a stay and lost track of it after that. I get burned out on political stuff pretty easily and tune out and it's not an issue that I was trying to keep up with.

?

The proposal doesn't immunize local ordinances from IRFRA. Or have I missed something?

You can judge for yourself . . .

If you want to by looking at his Director of Online Strategery at Media Matters has said about his tactics and his targets, and he is the driving force behind stoprush.org. I also don't find it difficult at all to believe that with the amount of money at stake Limbaugh funded an investigation of the boycott.

Because Rush is an entertainer he can't say anything factual or else he is a conservative leader? I don't understand your point. I appreciate his show, but am capable of thinking independently when I listen to it. Do you approve of Carusone's tactics?

Soros is an admitted donor to Media Matters . . .

And the Media Matters Director of Online Strategy is responsible for the strategy and operation of stoprush.org. I don't think Rush is alleging Soros is sitting behind a keyboard tweeting, but it doesn't seem like a stretch to implicate Soros when he gave $1 million to Media Matters for the express purpose of taking FoxNews down. They got Beck off the network and now they're focused on Rush. I don't think it's a stretch to implicate Soros, but maybe he's unfairly used as a proxy for left wing groups at times. It would be impossible to know without tracing funds he provides to those groups.

The point I made . . .

was that many here decline to acknowledge Rush as a significant conservative political leader - generally when he does something silly, outrageous or stupid - and claim that Rush is "just" an entertainer and carries no weight. I gather you're not among those who view Rush that way.

I have no idea who Carusone is . . . .

You didn't click my links then . . .

Because otherwise you would know he is the Media Matters Director of Online Strategy that organized stoprush.net! :). Maybe you would melt if you clicked a Rush Limbaugh link.

I think Rush is a little more complex than "just an entertainer," although he is a very good one. Sometimes he's intentionally taken out of context by people that are monitoring his show with the intent of cherry picking things to make him look bad. Other times he says really dumb, unsupportable things. Fluke is a good example--he could have deconstructed her without calling her names. He says a decent amount of things I disagree with to one extent or another.

He has a huge audience of people that are interested in politics and that vote. According to a PEW study, his audience is actually pretty knowledgeable and fairly well educated. I don't know if I would call him a leader--his goal is to get good ratings, not to pass legislation--but I think he is definitely an influential figure in American politics. Somewhat anyhow. He was opposed to the GOP's last two presidential nominees, so it's not as if he's moving the needle all that much. But I don't know why the left would care about him if he wasn't moving it some.

Tune into his show for a day or a week.

Correct . . .

I'm billing some hours today; no time for in-depth reading. Sorry; I don't mean to cause you a fire drill.

Re: Nope. You don't see.

Wow. You change course faster than the Indiana legislature.

Thanks I will check it out, however

my initial response is the modern day Libertarian has nothing to do with the Christian right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT