ADVERTISEMENT

Question on 2021 Recruiting

IUFANBB

Benchwarmer
Oct 31, 2012
Are we holding back on signing recruits in the hopes that our recent success and this years team will bring higher rated recruits at the back end of the signing period?

It seems strange that we have been sitting at 12 & nothing has happened since the season started. I thought one recruit might catch-on.

Are we holding back on signing recruits in the hopes that our recent success and this years team will bring higher rated recruits at the back end of the signing period?

It seems strange that we have been sitting at 12 & nothing has happened since the season started. I thought one recruit might catch-on.

It’s going to be a small class.

Reactions: Tokyo Steve
Some transfers would be nice. Are the transfer rules going to be different next year like they will be for basketball?

I don't know anything about anything...but...if the entire team has a redshirt year this year, seems like it would be pretty hard to figure out how many spots are open. I mean, we have, what, 12 commits already and, literally, no one HAS to leave at the end of the year. So, we already need to make 12 spots available.

Reactions: iueyedoc99
I don't know anything about anything...but...if the entire team has a redshirt year this year, seems like it would be pretty hard to figure out how many spots are open. I mean, we have, what, 12 commits already and, literally, no one HAS to leave at the end of the year. So, we already need to make 12 spots available.
Rosters are expanded the next few years to accommodate the players that might stay.

Reactions: ulrey
Rosters are expanded the next few years to accommodate the players that might stay.
The limit is only expanded for one year then returns to 85. And that is assuming the athletic depts have the funds to pay for the additional scholarships. As written, you will have way more kids (an entire additional class year!) than scholarships which creates other ripples (Title 9 etc.). It’s going to be a huge deal in college sports that greatly impacts recruiting/transfers and already is (my girls play VB so we are well aware). It takes care of existing players but sacrifices a lot of opportunity for HS kids in the coming years. I frankly think the ncaa didn’t think this one through. They should have just granted one more year to seniors and left it at that.

But it will be a Godsend for lower tier schools down to Div 3/NAIA!

Last edited:
Reactions: limestonecowboy
Yes people can stay and yes the class would have been small in a normal year anyway. I still think a few players will choose to graduate or transfer to play elsewhere for actual playing time.

with then knowing how many spots are open, I do hope IU can capitalize on this year and add some top higher recruits to the program or more transfers like the FSU WR.

Reactions: td75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT