ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the board regarding recruiting

FWCOACH

Newcomer
Apr 20, 2004
If Trace leaves, there are 4 scholarships open for next year and it doesn't appear that Arch is recruiting anyone in the top 150 on Rivals. Is the plan grad transfers? What happened to this recruiting class?

If TJD and Brunk leave, then there are 3 open spots. CJ Gunn out of Lawrence North is composite #107 and most likely commits to IU. Duncomb is composite #74 and committed for next year. Other than these 2 players, I haven't heard anybody ranked really high that is a good possibility: I don't know everything, though. Maybe Brunk comes back and Archie gets a transfer?

TJD will need to come back. He still can't use his right hand, hit jump shots or free throws. Good college player but he still has a lot to work on.

IU should have Romeo at guard and Lander should be in high school.

Reactions: Lillyr66
If TJD and Brunk leave, then there are 3 open spots. CJ Gunn out of Lawrence North is composite #107 and most likely commits to IU. Duncomb is composite #74 and committed for next year. Other than these 2 players, I haven't heard anybody ranked really high that is a good possibility: I don't know everything, though. Maybe Brunk comes back and Archie gets a transfer?

Dunn and Duncomb would be the #3 and #4 best players in a typical IU class. It very uninspiring.

Who knows..
It's going to be a crazy off season of transfers .
Basically every good team this year best players are transfers..Anymore it's not about 5 ☆ McDonald All Americans ..Its what two 23 year old's I can get..That's been proven scorer's already somewhere else.
It completely changes the dynamics of a team.
Archie need's this...To probably save his job ~

TJD will need to come back. He still can't use his right hand, hit jump shots or free throws. Good college player but he still has a lot to work on.

romeo would be on the bench injured and get less minutes than Lander. He has played under 100 mins of bball in the last 2 seasons.

Reactions: Lucy01
If Trace leaves, there are 4 scholarships open for next year and it doesn't appear that Arch is recruiting anyone in the top 150 on Rivals. Is the plan grad transfers? What happened to this recruiting class?
There arent four spots for next year.

Everyone on the team is eligible to return next year if they choose to. That's 12 players. Adding Duncomb will make 13 and put us at our limit.

Any number of guys could leave for any mumber of reasons, but it doesn't look like we are recruiting any more high school kids for next season. If anyone leaves, I'm sure there will be plenty of transfers available.

Reactions: MrBing

Everyone on the team is eligible to return next year if they choose to. That's 12 players. Adding Duncomb will make 13 and put us at our limit.

Any number of guys could leave for any mumber of reasons, but it doesn't look like we are recruiting any more high school kids for next season. If anyone leaves, I'm sure there will be plenty of transfers available.
IU has yet to say whether they’re going to fund larger rosters. The NCAA is permitting it, but schools aren’t required to do it.

I believe the 13 number will be increased due to COVID if IU chooses to go that route. I believe the NCAA is allowing some flexibility there.

I believe the 13 number will be increased due to COVID if IU chooses to go that route. I believe the NCAA is allowing some flexibility there.
I checked the NCAA website before posting, and it looked like the NCAA isn't expanding roster limits. If I missed something, by all means link it.

TJD will be eaten alive in the pros at the moment.He is better in college than Morgan was but Morgan is a better pro and not sure he plays much, still with Utah? TJD plays really weak for his size, can't shoot and has stone hands. That said he is a really good college player and I think being left handed helps him a lot. IU may have been the best place for him . It is odd Dale was the total opposite. If not for injuries Romeo was more ready by far for the NBA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT