ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the board - Jacksonville advice

Classof96'

Senior
Oct 9, 2004
I took advantage of the 4 ticket for $75 deal and am driving the family down from Fort Wayne to watch the Hoosiers. I need some help/advice from those of you who know the area:

1. I have 2 boys ages 12 and 9 and want to incorporate some fun appropriate for their age. What else in the city will be going on, or what else is there to do downtown that they might enjoy? Both are big sport fans.

2. Good locations to stay in/close to downtown without having to break the bank?

3. Good local places to eat?

Thanks in advance for you help and hope to see a lot of red in the stadium!

I took advantage of the 4 ticket for $75 deal and am driving the family down from Fort Wayne to watch the Hoosiers. I need some help/advice from those of you who know the area:

1. I have 2 boys ages 12 and 9 and want to incorporate some fun appropriate for their age. What else in the city will be going on, or what else is there to do downtown that they might enjoy? Both are big sport fans.

2. Good locations to stay in/close to downtown without having to break the bank?

3. Good local places to eat?

Thanks in advance for you help and hope to see a lot of red in the stadium!

Where are your seats on the $75 deal?
I was also looking at Stub Hub.
I was looking at hotels beachfront on Amelia Island and the prices were not outrageous at all. I know the team is staying out there.

I was looking at hotels beachfront on Amelia Island and the prices were not outrageous at all. I know the team is staying out there.
According to the ad, you don’t learn where your tickets will be until game week. Assuming it all depends on how many seats are sold and the less sold overall maybe the better these seats will be? I am going to check the Amelia Island hotels as you suggested and see what I can find. Hotels downtown by the stadium are a little steep for my budget.

Well from the airport to the stadium you will notice a lot of small tent cities. But being that it's going to be primarily travelers coming in, the environment should be fun.

As for things to do, there is minimal things near the stadium that I ever saw. You'll have to drive out of town for that. The weather is great, the stadium and tailgating was great but Jacksonville wasn't what I expected.

I live in the Tampa Bay Area but have some familiarity with Jacksonville. There is a very nice zoo there (although my family in Indy area tell me the Indianapolis Zoo has grown and is super nice now too). Also, indoor trampoline parks have exploded in popularity down here and your youngsters would have a blast; I see there are a couple in the Jacksonville area. So much is dependent upon the weather but Little Talbot State Park and the beach there is very good. The Fort tour and other attractions at St. Augustine are only 40 miles from Jacksonville. See you at the Gator Bowl . . . Go HOOSIERS !!!

Reactions: 76-1

My wife and I went to see the Vols play Iowa in the '15 Gator bowl. We stayed at the Sea Side Inn in Amelia Island and were very pleased. It was a clean, oceanfront hotel close to the Downtown Historic District and many restaurants. About a 40 minute drive (mostly interstate) to the stadium.

Reactions: LeConte and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT