ADVERTISEMENT

Question Answered: Welcome Michael Durr (What Big Man is Going to Fill the now-open Scholarship?)

phnxfan

Benchwarmer
Dec 6, 2008
I have a statement and a question. The statement first: I'm going to go out on a limb and say, I'm sure the next commitment is going to be a Center , 6ft 10in, or taller, maybe a 7 footer, and probably from the Transfer Portal, since there are no Centers available in the 2021 Rivals 150, that are not already committed. I was hoping Tamar Bates could convince Efton Reid to join him at IU, but that didn't happen. We might get someone from the 2022 class, like Iwuchukwu, or Filipowski, but that won't fill this rosters immediate need.

So, my question is: Who, in the list of eligible Centers, 6-10 and up, in the Transfer Portal, is a possibility to fill that need? Is it going to be Michael Durr, (Who is not even shown on the Transfer Portal list, committed, or un-committed), or is there another big man out there that coach Woodson is looking at? TJD could use a back-up that has experience, and maybe even be a mentor. He's got a lot to learn.

I have a statement and a question. The statement first: I'm going to go out on a limb and say, I'm sure the next commitment is going to be a Center , 6ft 10in, or taller, maybe a 7 footer, and probably from the Transfer Portal, since there are no Centers available in the 2021 Rivals 150, that are not already committed. I was hoping Tamar Bates could convince Efton Reid to join him at IU, but that didn't happen. We might get someone from the 2022 class, like Iwuchukwu, or Filipowski, but that won't fill this rosters immediate need.

So, my question is: Who, in the list of eligible Centers, 6-10 and up, in the Transfer Portal, is a possibility to fill that need? Is it going to be Michael Durr, (Who is not even shown on the Transfer Portal list, committed, or un-committed), or is there another big man out there that coach Woodson is looking at? TJD could use a back-up that has experience, and maybe even be a mentor. He's got a lot to learn.
EJ Onu is the other name that we know, but he's a hot commodity and could go pro. Onu would be an ideal fit since he is a shooter. With him we could have 4 starters that can shoot. I'd be excited for Durr though. Keion is the only other current college player that has been talked about this last month as far as I can tell, but I think those whispers are stale at this point.

See 4 post below this
Hmmm. "4 post below this," birdforbogey says.

But there are only three posts altogether. No wonder you get bogeys if this is how you count strokes. Skip the golf pro this week -- it's not your game -- it's your scorekeeping.

But there are only three posts altogether. No wonder you get bogeys if this is how you count strokes. Skip the golf pro this week -- it's not your game -- it's your scorekeeping.

If it were only that easy

If Woodson can’t get a quality big or guard I bet he keeps it for the 2022 class. Lots of talent in that class.

Think he meant 4 threads down... but of course it is a moving target. Michael Durr USF transfer, I think is what he was saying.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
EJ Onu is the other name that we know, but he's a hot commodity and could go pro. Onu would be an ideal fit since he is a shooter. With him we could have 4 starters that can shoot. I'd be excited for Durr though. Keion is the only other current college player that has been talked about this last month as far as I can tell, but I think those whispers are stale at this point.
I watched EJ Onu's last game, the NAIA Championship game, and he was not impressive, at all. I know he averaged 16.9pts, and 8rbs, for the year, but he had 6pts, 6rbs, and 3tos, in the biggest game of the season. Granted, you can't judge a player by one game, but, he did not look good. Even his effort, and intensity, was lacking. And, he seemed to want to play out on the perimeter, ready to shoot the 3. Maybe he was sick, or injured, but, from that performance, he didn't look like he was ready for the NBA. Which, doesn't always mean the NBA won't take him, as a project, with potential. But, with all that said, I'd think he would be a good addition to the program, if only for just one year. And, good for him, with D1 competition, and D1, and Pro, coach level instruction.

Jordan Brown (So) transferring from Arizona
6’11 (F)
235 lbs
9.4 PTS
5.2 REB
0.9 BLK
56.0 FG%
59.8 FT%
0.00 3P%

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/rep...ayer-jordan-brown-back-in-the-transfer-portal

Ranking college basketball's uncommitted transfers:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...star-remy-martin-enters-portal-and-nba-draft/

“The former five-star big man from the class of 2018 finally found a nice role at Arizona this past season after starting out at Nevada in 2018-19 and sitting out as a transfer in 2019-20. Brown averaged 9.4 points and 5.2 rebounds in 19.6 minutes for the Wildcats while earning Pac-12 Sixth Man of the Year honors.”

Michael Durr (Jr) transferring from South Florida
7’0 (C)
250 lbs
8.8 PTS
7.9 REB
0.9 BLK
41.0 FG%
79.0 FT%
20.0 3P%
19 Games
26.4 Min per game

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
EJ Onu (Sr) transferring from Shawnee State (NAIA)
6’11 (F)
240 lbs
16.9 PTS
8.1 REB
4.5 BLK (150)
67 FG%
74.8 FT%
40.0 3P% (52-130)

Two-time NAIA All-American EJ Onu to explore transfer market
Onu's Shawnee State team won the NAIA national championship at the end of March under NAIA Coach of the Year DeLano Thomas. He was named Mid-South Conference Player of the Year and won his third consecutive Defensive Player of the Year award.

NBA PROSPECT EJ ONU SHAWNEE STATE UNIVERSITY OFFICIAL 2021 FIRE MIXTAPE

Well, that didn't take too long. Question answered! Problem solved! Good addition. Durr has the size, 7', and the bulk, 250lbs, and, appears to have good athleticism, to be a real force, and a big help, inside. Roster is now complete. I'm happy! Can't wait to see what Coach Woodson, and his staff, does with this fine group of players.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT