ADVERTISEMENT

Question about our offense

He hasn’t said anything that I’m aware of. It’s obviously speculation, just like the rest of theee post and my opinion. I have only been gone 3 years and still know a lot of people on campus so next time I’m there I might just ask. Prick.
Whoa. No need to get hostile. We’re on the same team, pal. Just thought you had inside info.

I would prefer a guy with a strong arm and gets rid of ball quickly. I still stand by my post. Rewatch some of the games this last year. No time for WRs to react once ball arrived. If you don’t see that, then we can simply agree to disagree.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Not really. It's 50% completion vs 50% (Inc, PBU, or Int). Besides, it's about matchups. If your receiver has a height and length advantage, and your QB throws it only where the WR can get it, then it's completed more than not. Now, you won't be able to have any YAC, but our guys aren't speedburners anyway.

I have no problem with a 2 QB system, so long as the QBs bring different things to the game. I. E. A running QB vs a pocket passer. If they are the same player, I say play the one with most upside. I think we've seen the top end of Ramsey.

I really hope we don't go stick with a Dink and Dunk offense. I personally would prefer an offense that stretches the field.

Who do we have that is fast enough to threaten on the outside?
Isn’t every pass by your definition a50/50 ball.
A 50/50 ball is as stated before a ball that both teams have equal shot at at getting. I understand we have bigger receivers but none have shown the the same proficiency as Simmie Cobb although he was also known bro drop some balls that he should have caught.

I would prefer a guy with a strong arm and gets rid of ball quickly. I still stand by my post. Rewatch some of the games this last year. No time for WRs to react once ball arrived. If you don’t see that, then we can simply agree to disagree.
Not saying you entirely right and definitely not saying that I am completely right. But I think one of the reasons that Ramsey was chosen over Penix is because he did get the ball out quickly.

Isn’t every pass by your definition a50/50 ball.
A 50/50 ball is as stated before a ball that both teams have equal shot at at getting. I understand we have bigger receivers but none have shown the the same proficiency as Simmie Cobb although he was also known bro drop some balls that he should have caught.
Yes, but that's all things being equal...same height, reach, equal ball placement. Obviously you have to scheme or cheat to change the odds of completion by creating a mismatch with height, length and size, the QB throws the ball only where the receiver can get it (back shoulder, etc) and make sure is one on one. The defense will generate their own mismatches by bracketing and using double coverage. It's up to the QB to recognize the mismatches and to refrain from throwing into double coverage. It's all about the match ups - it's how you can throw down field without having blazing speed.

Yeah, Simmie was a headscratcher in many ways. You are also right about those fade routes that cam empty. May be you are right and our receivers are just not very good at all and aren't going to scare. I really wish we got Bell and/or Green. Do you think that is a recruiting hole the coaches have left?

Yes, but that's all things being equal...same height, reach, equal ball placement. Obviously you have to scheme or cheat to change the odds of completion by creating a mismatch with height, length and size, the QB throws the ball only where the receiver can get it (back shoulder, etc) and make sure is one on one. The defense will generate their own mismatches by bracketing and using double coverage. It's up to the QB to recognize the mismatches and to refrain from throwing into double coverage. It's all about the match ups - it's how you can throw down field without having blazing speed.

Yeah, Simmie was a headscratcher in many ways. You are also right about those fade routes that cam empty. May be you are right and our receivers are just not very good at all and aren't going to scare. I really wish we got Bell and/or Green. Do you think that is a recruiting hole the coaches have left?
I like having the big physical receivers, but I think you need some speed guys even if they are a little smaller. Those guys that are big and fast are the guys going to Clemson or Alabama orogher big time places.
I do feel others pain and frustration about the short passing game, I would love to see at least one deep ball a quarter. That may seem conservative to some but it just is not a high percentage. If it were that effective then people would drop back and let it rip every play.

Reactions: lUCX9
There is more to being a good WR than just being fast. Toughness, good route running and the ability to catch the ball are much more important. Remember Darrius Heyward-Bay? Blazing speed darfted #7 overall. Could not run a route or catch a ball. Height doesnt really matter. There are good WR's from 5'7' to 6'6". Its a skill position. If your QB hits the checkdowns instead of the open WR's, and it happened way to often, you won't have a very productive offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT