ADVERTISEMENT

Q for the “IU Lacks Committment” Crowd

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Hello. Long time listener. First time caller.

The meme is “IU won’t pay for the big name”

Put up.

How do you know?

I understand that the last few hires - Allen, Wilson, Lynch, Hep - weren’t established HCs and did not get (or yet deserve?) the big money.

DiNardo was a late late late desperation hire after “Ms. Established Coach” said no to Bloomington and Mike Riley rejected whatever we offered (which was never made public?).

But none of that is proof that IU “refused” to pay an established HC “established HC money.”

So.... where is the proof of the big name coach that expressed interest and IU said “no - too expensive” when Hep or Wilson were hired?

And/or where is the proof that an established head coach refused to look at IU because of the money offered? (As far I know, IU never advertised a number. Just said the usual “salary will be commensurate with experience and results.”)

If rumors are to believed Urban Meyer wanted use us as a stepping stone, and John Cooper wanted to apply back in the day, (but he never applied/got hired anywhere). No other “name” has ever been associated with any IU opening, and Meyer was not yet a name.

And “not doing a national search” is also not the same as “refuses to pay.” The hires of Lynch and Allen were like the Davis hire - perhaps a misguided attempt to be fair to a guy who was here, did a good job under tough circumstances, etc., but that is not the same as “intended to spend less money.”

Folks say “Leach woulda come” but frankly I doubt it. He coached with Knight. And I never heard any real non-speculative INFO

So - other than speculative opinion - who have we lost or rejected due to money, and what is the PROOF of the loss?

I’ll hang up and listen.

Put up.

How do you know?

I understand that the last few hires - Allen, Wilson, Lynch, Hep - weren’t established HCs and did not get (or yet deserve?) the big money.

DiNardo was a late late late desperation hire after “Ms. Established Coach” said no to Bloomington and Mike Riley rejected whatever we offered (which was never made public?).

But none of that is proof that IU “refused” to pay an established HC “established HC money.”

So.... where is the proof of the big name coach that expressed interest and IU said “no - too expensive” when Hep or Wilson were hired?

And/or where is the proof that an established head coach refused to look at IU because of the money offered? (As far I know, IU never advertised a number. Just said the usual “salary will be commensurate with experience and results.”)

If rumors are to believed Urban Meyer wanted use us as a stepping stone, and John Cooper wanted to apply back in the day, (but he never applied/got hired anywhere). No other “name” has ever been associated with any IU opening, and Meyer was not yet a name.

And “not doing a national search” is also not the same as “refuses to pay.” The hires of Lynch and Allen were like the Davis hire - perhaps a misguided attempt to be fair to a guy who was here, did a good job under tough circumstances, etc., but that is not the same as “intended to spend less money.”

Folks say “Leach woulda come” but frankly I doubt it. He coached with Knight. And I never heard any real non-speculative INFO

So - other than speculative opinion - who have we lost or rejected due to money, and what is the PROOF of the loss?

I’ll hang up and listen.

INCOMING!!

I disagree about Leach.

He was a controversial figure that had just been released from Tech. No one even offered him.

We were coming off of our 2nd straight 1-7 B10 tilt. Pretty obvious what we had.

Look at where Leach ended up. Pullman? They were the bottom of the barrel in the PAC. But Leach isn't afraid of that.

I'm certain that if we had cut Lynch loose a year earlier, and offered Leach $3MM when his stock was low...he would have come here. We would have locked into exactly what we needed, an unconventional mad scientist, falling right into our hands.

We had the window, but "waited another year". By then, his stock was manageable, Wazzu correctly understood they had nothing to lose, and the rest is history.

So you want proof of something they haven't done? Keep fighting the good fight my man.

Wrong.

According to the meme, they HAVE DONE the thing, i.e. lost a big name by refusing to pay, and/or intentionally offered too little to attract names.

So... where’s the proof?

If that didn’t happen, they need to say so.

Reactions: 76-1
McRobbie will not allow IU to pay coaches above a certain amount. Thus, Allen is the lowest paid coach in the Big Ten. Our facilities, while improved from the laughable level they used to be, are not close in quality to peer schools in the conference. IU does not invest in football at a level necessary to compete in the Big Ten and that is a conscious decision by the university. Fans should quit caring about the program and boycott games until the school quits half-assing football.

McRobbie will not allow IU to pay coaches above a certain amount.

This makes my point. I think.

It sounds like a rumor, a report of something somebody said.

“Well, I heard McRobbie said we can’t pay more than X dollars to any coach.”

When did McRobbie issue this order?
How?
Are there minutes to the meeting?
Frankly, I don’t think any University President has this alleged power.

Or is it what I think it is - derogatory speculation?

McRobbie will not allow IU to pay coaches above a certain amount.

What is this new "fact" based on? Where is the evidence that mcrobbie has come in and put a ceiling on coaching salaries?

Did he do this just for football? Why would he do that? Why did he let glass pay top 10 money for a basketball coach?

Sounds to me like you are full of sh*t.

I disagree about Leach.

He was a controversial figure that had just been released from Tech. No one even offered him.

We were coming off of our 2nd straight 1-7 B10 tilt. Pretty obvious what we had.

Look at where Leach ended up. Pullman? They were the bottom of the barrel in the PAC. But Leach isn't afraid of that.

I'm certain that if we had cut Lynch loose a year earlier, and offered Leach $3MM when his stock was low...he would have come here. We would have locked into exactly what we needed, an unconventional mad scientist, falling right into our hands.

We had the window, but "waited another year". By then, his stock was manageable, Wazzu correctly understood they had nothing to lose, and the rest is history.
IU offer 3 million to a football coach??? Hahahahaha. Will NEVER happen

Reactions: IUgradman

Put up.

How do you know?

I’ll hang up and listen.
Where have they shown they have tried to meet with those coaches? Brohm for instance. Are we suppose to sit back and wait for Brohm to contact us with interest? I would think we would contact him....

I really think this is an excuse my friend. Tell me the difference in PU and IU? Facilities? What could possibly hinder a coach coming to IU instead of PU if the money is the same and assistant money is the same?

If the argument is we can’t get that kind of coach what makes you think we will keep a coach who has success that we gave a chance?

Time to put up or shut up for the University. Go out and get the coach you want. I have not seen any evidence they swim in those pools because it is by choice.

Why will IU not pay a football coach $3 million? Why is the assistant coach salary pool so small? Why is there no football only facility? Someone made the decision to shortchange the program. We know who it is.
Is the football only facility really that important to recruits, or is it just an overplayed angle used as leverage by certain programs in their recruiting efforts? I ask in total honesty, I don't know the answer.

Reactions: Lillyr66
Is the football only facility really that important to recruits, or is it just an overplayed angle used as leverage by certain programs in their recruiting efforts? I ask in total honesty, I don't know the answer.

I don't even know what that means? We have an indoor facility, a cool weight and locker room, and a cool new rehab center.

What we need is a leader with experience at getting more with less. A proven track record.

I still say Todd Graham may be our huckleberry.

IU offer 3 million to a football coach??? Hahahahaha. Will NEVER happen

In the past, maybe no.

But with BTN money, and nearly every sport on campus flush with new upgrades, things might change.

Trust me, in the “big shot lawyer” “big shot business” “big shot businessman” circles Fred moves in, $3,000,000 ain’t a problem

Reactions: 76-1 and td75
I don’t know that it does.... I think there are things more easily addressed within our power right now that we can do...

Reactions: td75
Why will IU not pay a football coach $3 million? Why is the assistant coach salary pool so small? Why is there no football only facility? Someone made the decision to shortchange the program. We know who it is.

CKW was getting 2.6 mil on his new contract. There were incentives in there that could have put him over 3. I think he got some pretty nice bumps for his guys too.

I don't have any quarrel with the folks who think IU should have conducted a national search. That said, what major coaching.prospect is coming for 3 mil?

CKW was getting 2.6 mil on his new contract. There were incentives in there that could have put him over 3. I think he got some pretty nice bumps for his guys too.

I don't have any quarrel with the folks who think IU should have conducted a national search. That said, what major coaching.prospect is coming for 3 mil?

We just need an experienced younger head coach. That Matt Campbell guy at Iowa State hired on at $2.1 million.
People saying we cannot do that?
There are head coaches out there in the Group of 5 that would come here for $2-3 million easily.
We’ll be looking for another guy by the end of next year regardless and I hope that Fred has his list ready. Oh...wait...I don’t want Mr. Candy Stripe Man anywhere near future decisions.

First time caller?

I remember you storming in with your chest out after we started 3-0 and Purdue started 0-3 saying you were going to shove it down the throats of all the TA doubters how wrong they were. Where’s that big tough guy attitude now?

Nuance is lost on you, huh?

I’m right here, calling on you to answer the questions I asked above. You are one of the guys who say IU won’t pay. I asked for proof.

So far the only proof offered has been a hearsay rumor that IUs president has at an unknown time and unknown place and in an unknown manner forbidden IU from offering any coach more than an unidentified arbitrary maximum amount. I remain unpersuaded.

As for your other implication, my view is the same as the last time you asked me - I think both Allen and Brohm are good but as yet still unproven coaches.

Anybody who judges them after 1.5 seasons - either way - is jumping the gun.

Brohm has proved a capable play-caller. Allen has proved to be a capable defense builder. Neither has yet fielded a team they recruited in whole. Both are still playing a lot of their predecessors recruits now. Brohm played with Petrino recruits at Western.

This season, Brohm had to pick between senior QBs and initially made the wrong choice, despite having last years results to watch too.

Allen had a different decision - whether to redshirt Penix or play him behind a young OL. He decided to redshirt Penix if he could. Turns out that choice as a final matter was removed from him.

(And playing Penix from the jump would not - IMO - have turned any loss into a win, with possible exception of Minnesota - when he was already hurt. Our QB play was not why lost to MSU, OSU, Iowa or Penn State.

I have concerns about our play this year.
If I was a Purdue fan, I’d have a different set.

I’ve watched the IU facilities improve and I like our roster (we had 23 1st or 2nd year guys on our Minny 2-deep, and we have 4 years of Penix coming). Year 3 of Allen will have to wait. I’m still trying to win 6 this year.

So whine on Ef Pea Ewe. Ask but never answer. Hate on IU daily.

I like Allen.
POTFB.

I too love Allen and his 3-12 conference record. Brohm was won 8 conference games already.
Good grief, it's hard to stand behind TA with stats like this. I know Tom is a very good person, and I want him to win, BUT......I've got to see the last three before I'm officially ready to pull the plug.

I wanted to give him three full years, I still do, but I must admit, Brohm's fast and immediate work due north of Bloomington is certainly changing my mental makeup regarding Tom Allen.

Nuance is lost on you, huh?

I’m right here, calling on you to answer the questions I asked above. You are one of the guys who say IU won’t pay. I asked for proof.

So far the only proof offered has been a hearsay rumor that IUs president has at an unknown time and unknown place and in an unknown manner forbidden IU from offering any coach more than an unidentified arbitrary maximum amount. I remain unpersuaded.

As for your other implication, my view is the same as the last time you asked me - I think both Allen and Brohm are good but as yet still unproven coaches.

Anybody who judges them after 1.5 seasons - either way - is jumping the gun.

Brohm has proved a capable play-caller. Allen has proved to be a capable defense builder. Neither has yet fielded a team they recruited in whole. Both are still playing a lot of their predecessors recruits now. Brohm played with Petrino recruits at Western.

This season, Brohm had to pick between senior QBs and initially made the wrong choice, despite having last years results to watch too.

Allen had a different decision - whether to redshirt Penix or play him behind a young OL. He decided to redshirt Penix if he could. Turns out that choice as a final matter was removed from him.

(And playing Penix from the jump would not - IMO - have turned any loss into a win, with possible exception of Minnesota - when he was already hurt. Our QB play was not why lost to MSU, OSU, Iowa or Penn State.

I have concerns about our play this year.
If I was a Purdue fan, I’d have a different set.

I’ve watched the IU facilities improve and I like our roster (we had 23 1st or 2nd year guys on our Minny 2-deep, and we have 4 years of Penix coming). Year 3 of Allen will have to wait. I’m still trying to win 6 this year.

So whine on Ef Pea Ewe. Ask but never answer. Hate on IU daily.

I like Allen.
POTFB.

There is actually a pretty easy answer to your question. But it's answered with a question back at you. Why HAVEN'T they spent $3 million on a coach? If the money is there, why go cheap on an unproven DC who used to coach an Indy High School team?

Seems to me if Indiana were really interested in fielding a top flight football program, they would stop nickel and diming things and spend the money to do so.

Money for facilities? Sure.
Money for a proven coach and staff? Whoa, pump the breaks. That's crazy talk.

The proof you seek is right in front of you. Did Indiana even attempt to conduct a national search to see what coach might be interested? No, they rushed to secure Allen because they knew they could get him for half the price. If IU wanted to pay that kind of money they would have after firing Wilson. But they didn't.

Indiana won't pay. Your proof is Tom Allen.

Last edited:
This makes my point. I think.

It sounds like a rumor, a report of something somebody said.

“Well, I heard McRobbie said we can’t pay more than X dollars to any coach.”

When did McRobbie issue this order?
How?
Are there minutes to the meeting?
Frankly, I don’t think any University President has this alleged power.

Or is it what I think it is - derogatory speculation?
I don’t know about McRobie....I do know we have consistently been in the bottom of HC pay for what 25 Years at least? Is that a coincidence? Or is it a conscience decision? Seems to me someone made a decision and it probably has something to do with Brand and not wanting athletics to have the power it does at other Universities.... but it is a guess and it was in place before he arrived ....

There is actually a pretty easy answer to your question. But it's answered with a question back at you. Why HAVEN'T they spent $3 million on a coach? If the money is there, why go cheap on an unproven DC who used to coach an Indy High School team?

Seems to me if Indiana were really interested in fielding a top flight football program, they would stop nickel and diming things and spend the money to do so.

Money for facilities? Sure

The proof you seek is right in front of you. Did Indiana even attempt to conduct a national search to see what coach might be interested? No, they rushed to secure Allen because they knew they could get him for half the price. If IU wanted to pay that kind of money they would have after firing Wilson. But they didn't.

IU can afford to easily pay a head coach $3 million and give his assistants a nice pool to work with.
Get Matt Wells or Neal Brown in here and they’d jump at the chance and kill it here, especially Brown.

Reactions: IUgradman and td75

Money for facilities? Sure.

No, you can’t have it both ways.

The meme is that IU has lost big name coaches by refusing to pay them. Name them or admit it’s pure speculation.

The other part of the meme is that IU has not offered enough to attract big name coaches. Again. Show me specifics. Schools don’t advertise salary offers when they post an ad. They base the offer on the qualifications of individuals who apply. So NAMETHEONES we lost or admit its just made-up speculative BS.

Sounds to me like this really means we should be praising IU for properly refusing to overpay inexperienced head coaches instead of bitching about coaches we never lost or offered because IT JUST DIDNT HAPPEN.

No, you can’t have it both ways.

The meme is that IU has lost big name coaches by refusing to pay them. Name them or admit it’s pure speculation.

The other part of the meme is that IU has not offered enough to attract big name coaches. Again. Show me specifics. Schools don’t advertise salary offers when they post an ad. They base the offer on the qualifications of individuals who apply. So NAMETHEONES we lost or admit its just made-up speculative BS.

Sounds to me like this really means we should be praising IU for properly refusing to overpay inexperienced head coaches instead of bitching about coaches we never lost or offered because IT JUST DIDNT HAPPEN.

What...? No. No one it trying to have it both ways. (Whatever that means)

Indiana hasn't lost any big name coaches due to low ball salary offers. But that's the thing... they're not even trying to bring one to Bloomington.

It's one thing to offer and have them say 'No'...

It's another to completely disregard them altogether when you fire the head coach and then walk down the hall and sign the friendly Defensive Coordinator. No phone calls, no inquiries, ...nothing...

Again the proof is right in front of you.

Tom Allen.

#LEO

I too love Allen and his 3-12 conference record. Brohm was won 8 conference games already.

So?

I asked the fellas to prove the claim that IU intentionally refuses to pay big name coaches.

Now you wanna change the subject to conference records of Allen and Brohm.

I’ll accept your admission that the “IU won’t pay” meme was made-up BS, and ask a relevant question about your preferred topic - how many of the teams Brohm has played in conference were ranked?

When you look that up, (and I know you will, because you surely want to know/argue from the facts), look this up too - how many of those games did Coach Brohmbardi have to play with a 1st or 2nd year QB? (I’ll give you the IU answer - the next time Allen plays a 3rd year QB will be his first, or maybe you feel QB play doesn’t matter, in which case we can all quit bitching about Ramsey.)

Aw hell, I won’t make ya look it up.
He’s played 4 ranked Big Ten Teams.
Allen played 5 last year.
He played 4 already this year and has 1 more to go.
With inexperienced QBs.

Reactions: 76-1 and grammy2
^^^^IU won’t pay because IU has never paid. Fred made the cheap hire, perhaps because his hands were tied financially. Still doesn’t excuse the lack of a search. Stop making excuses for Allen’s ineptitude. IU has lost to crappy teams in his time here and not shown up in other crucial games.

Last edited:
What...? No. No one it trying to have it both ways. (Whatever that means)

Indiana hasn't lost any big name coaches due to low ball salary offers. But that's the thing... they're not even trying to bring one to Bloomington.

It's one thing to offer and have them say 'No'...

It's another to completely disregard them altogether when you fire the head coach and then walk down the hall and sign the friendly Defensive Coordinator. No phone calls, no inquiries, ...nothing...

Again the proof is right in front of you.

Tom Allen.

#LEO

You need to read better. I addressed this too.

Now that you have admitted that half the meme is BS, explain in detail all the times IU advertised a low ball number that caused experienced big name coaches to say “nope, won’t apply.”

(You’re gonna have trouble. That didn’t happen either, but take your best shot.)

Truth is that IUs “failure” to land big name HCs has nothing to do with any decision by IU to refuse to pay big contracts.

Not.
One.
Thing.

That was BS made up at the Hickory Barber Shop.

You need to read better. I addressed this too.

Now that you have admitted that half the meme is BS, explain in detail all the times IU advertised a low ball number that caused experienced big name coaches to say “nope, won’t apply.”

(You’re gonna have trouble. That didn’t happen either, but take your best shot.)

Truth is that IUs “failure” to land big name HCs has nothing to do with any decision by IU to refuse to pay big contracts.

Not.
One.
Thing.

That was BS made up at the Hickory Barber Shop.

I can read just fine.

Your question is rhetorical. There is no answer. There is no answer because Indiana isn't even interested in asking the question.

So of course a big name coach saying no didn't happen. Of couse Indiana hasn't missed out on their #1 choice because of a low ball offer.

Indiana has made a conscious decision not to have to worry about such things.

That's why Tom Allen is the coach.

In the past, maybe no.

But with BTN money, and nearly every sport on campus flush with new upgrades, things might change.

Trust me, in the “big shot lawyer” “big shot business” “big shot businessman” circles Fred moves in, $3,000,000 ain’t a problem
Oh I never said IU couldn't do it.....I simply said they won't do it. Of course eventually IU will have to because inflation....but they aren't going to just go out and spend 3 million a season on a guy....they hardly did that with Archie. SO the crowd that thinks they'd do that anytime soon with anyone....I'll save you the trouble.....they won't.

Now I will say that with incentives Allen could make 3.1 million this season.....but that would take a Big Ten and National Championship and that's not going to happen either so it's a safe bet we won't be seeing a 3 million dollar coach anytime soon at IU.

Last edited:
Your need to make excuses for the football program's poor performance exposes fully your intellectual dishonesty on this made up subject. IU has never chosen to pursue any coach who would command a "big" salary, therefore, they've never had to pay one. Only actually pursuing candidates deserving of such a payday would put IU in a position to consider paying that kind of money, and IU doesn't now nor have they ever chosen to even consider coaches in that strata. Instead, IU is content with a modest football program that loses far more than it wins, and they've consistently elected to pay less in pursuit of that objective.

Even the guys at the Hickory Barber Shop know that IU has exactly the kind of football program they desire and demand, and the amount of money they spend on the coach is but one example of that fact. Any other result than the below average ones they have now would be coincidental. In other words, they've gotten exactly what they've paid for and exactly what they deserved.

Not my first rodeo newbie. (Although I guess I can assume you’ve just been banned again and this is just another new name for you instead of an incredibly ignorant newbie with a whopping 20 posts).

Maybe you should stick to riding horses lit up and drunk.

00209050_medium.jpeg

You can shove the “intellectually dishonest” insult back up your ass where it came from. I’ve been smarter and more honest than you in my sleep. If you are who I think you are, the fact that you are banned over and over and over and over again from this board shows how dishonest you are.

I didn’t raise this issue. I merely refuted every thing you just said every time it showed up here over the years.

Unlike you, I’ve sat in President and AD offices.
And in coaches homes and offices after they got both hired and fired.

You ever even read a coaching contract? I have.
You ever recruit a college football player? I have.

I’ll put my real life experience and understanding how a coach search is actually conducted over your know-nothing, never been there made up speculative BS every day.

You CAN claim that IU has never paid what you consider big coach money, but that’s as far as you can go. The rest is an assumption. You cannot equate that to “ergo IU has never offered big money” or even “ergo IU has never pursued a big name.” If you knew how coaching searches actually occurred, you wouldn’t make such comments.

IU has hired from among the coaches who responded with interest to the job opening or inquiry. Since at least the firing of Cameron, money has not been the issue.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

I can read just fine.

Your question is rhetorical. There is no answer. There is no answer because Indiana isn't even interested in asking the question.

So of course a big name coach saying no didn't happen. Of couse Indiana hasn't missed out on their #1 choice because of a low ball offer.

Indiana has made a conscious decision not to have to worry about such things.

That's why Tom Allen is the coach.

No again.

You ASSUME that because the eventual hire never got big money or was not a big name, ergo IU never tried.

It’s a false equivalency.

It’s entirely possible other more well known coaches turned us down ala Mike Riley.

No again.

You ASSUME that because the eventual hire never got big money or was not a big name, ergo IU never tried.

It’s a false equivalency.

It’s entirely possible other more well known coaches turned us down ala Mike Riley.

I would agree with you if Tom Allen hadn't been hired in the time it took Fred to reach his office after firing Wilson. NO attempt to search for another coach was conducted. Indiana didn't even try. They didn't try when Lynch was hired either.

I don't know who else they were looking at when they hired Wilson, but he wasn't offered $3 million a year so I'm guessing Indiana wasn't interested in breaking the bank.

Please enlighten the board on who Indiana was pursuing and who turned them down during these coaching searches. Oh, and please include the salaries Indiana was willing to pay for the guys who said no thanks.

I'd really like to know.

McRobbie will not allow IU to pay coaches above a certain amount. Thus, Allen is the lowest paid coach in the Big Ten. Our facilities, while improved from the laughable level they used to be, are not close in quality to peer schools in the conference. IU does not invest in football at a level necessary to compete in the Big Ten and that is a conscious decision by the university. Fans should quit caring about the program and boycott games until the school quits half-assing football.
I'm not convinced McRobbie cares like we do about football. I'm not even sure he is a basketball fan. He is a university president from Australia. My director is from the UK and doesn't understand why we drink and eat in a car park and are so crazy about college sports.

McRobbie may think we are placing too much focus on athletics. IU may never have a president and AD that has a vision to invest in a winning football program.

I would hope someone finally realizes how much money they could make from a football program that sells out a stadium.

I'm not convinced McRobbie cares like we do about football. I'm not even sure he is a basketball fan. He is a university president from Australia. My director is from the UK and doesn't understand why we drink and eat in a car park and are so crazy about college sports.

McRobbie may think we are placing too much focus on athletics. IU may never have a president and AD that has a vision to invest in a winning football program.

I would hope someone finally realizes how much money they could make from a football program that sells out a stadium.
I think that for a university president it is more important to realize that college athletics are what most people see and hear of a school. I would know very little about most universities if it were not for sports. I can’t remember who it was that said it but I like the president who said that athletics are the schools’s front porch.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bill Lynch carried the tag "Interim Head Coach" throughout the 2007 season. When he put IU in a bowl game, it was pretty hard to rationalize dumping him.

Do any of you CTA antagonists think that maybe Glass looked at the incredible defensive improvement in 2016, combined with the other attributes CTA brings to the table, and felt he had a home run hire sitting in the IU house ready to go?

Slightly off topic (but the thread has slightly veered this direction):

Here's an example of what just throwing 3 mil at a coach can buy you: https://www.apnews.com/1c02c4239aef43cab60725b23ed7abe3

Or you could bump that up and get Les Miles... (don't know why you'd want him but you could have him)...

Just throwing money at coaches won't buy you W's...

For a bunch of guys who prior to the start of the season mainly thought our win total would fall around 5 or 6 there sure is a lot of angst floating around.

Slightly off topic (but the thread has slightly veered this direction):

Here's an example of what just throwing 3 mil at a coach can buy you: https://www.apnews.com/1c02c4239aef43cab60725b23ed7abe3

Or you could bump that up and get Les Miles... (don't know why you'd want him but you could have him)...

Just throwing money at coaches won't buy you W's...

For a bunch of guys who prior to the start of the season mainly thought our win total would fall around 5 or 6 there sure is a lot of angst floating around.

“Some men just want to watch the world burn”

ADVERTISEMENT