ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue win

Great game for fans. For the PU fans on our board, you have a great school. Engineering, agriculture, etc. I just cannot find it in me to root for you.
None the less, nice game and For we IU fans, I hope Pu does not need to beat us for their 6th win.

Purdue must beat Wisconsin at Camp Randell in two weeks. Tall task.
They have a chance.

NW is a comedy of errors, however. They had every opportunity to win that game but the QB cannot throw the ball. All they needed was a field goal to go up by 4.

Purdue is dynamic on offense in passing the ball.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Great game for fans. For the PU fans on our board, you have a great school. Engineering, agriculture, etc. I just cannot find it in me to root for you.
None the less, nice game and For we IU fans, I hope Pu does not need to beat us for their 6th win.
They struggled to beat Northwestern today. Do you seriously think they have a chance against Wisconsin?!

Purdue is a very bad team. Getting down 14-0 to Northwestern?? You gotta be shitting me...and I don't care one bit that they won by 2 points.lol

Long story short, Indiana should blow Purdue's doors completely off. Our offense should have a field day.

They have a chance.

NW is a comedy of errors, however. They had every opportunity to win that game but the QB cannot throw the ball. All they needed was a field goal to go up by 4.

NW snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Along with the missed field goal, they made a couple of really stupid penalties at the end that cost them the game. 10 yard penalty on offense with under 3 minutes to go when they were picking up 1st downs at will running the ball, and the PI penalty on 4th down that would have ended the game.

Last edited:
Purdue is a very bad team. Getting down 14-0 to Northwestern?? You gotta be shitting me...and I don't care one bit that they won by 2 points.lol

Long story short, Indiana should blow Purdue's doors completely off. Our offense should have a field day.
Run straight at them up the middle. I expect Moore will be back but I don't care. A team that gives up 22 points to the worst offensive team in the country has a defense that can be abused

Northwestern lost that game today. They failed to convert a 2pointer and missed a FG. They also played for the FG at the end rather than pass and try for a TD. Wisconsin plays Purdue next.

Purdue will score 30 on us. But we better hang 45 on that pathetic Defense.
Indiana should win by three touchdowns. I think our defense is a bit better than you and others are giving them credit for.

This team is playing to prove itself to the world. The doubters are many, the believers are few. I hope they win out!!

Hope IU doesn’t act like you talk. Stay hungry Hoosiers and don’t overlook anyone!

Of course I believe they can/will win, but not if they think it’s a gimme game...that’s when any team cN get whacked!

Hope IU doesn’t act like you talk. Stay hungry Hoosiers and don’t overlook anyone!

Of course I believe they can/will win, but not if they think it’s a gimme game...that’s when any team cN get whacked!
I'm not disrespecting Purdue, or not attempting to. They are a mediocre team, Indiana has the better team, and frankly, it's not close.

Our team will be DIALED in for the Bucket, you don't have to worry about that. Allen knows this is the year to get that monkey off his resume!!

Northwestern lost that game today. They failed to convert a 2pointer and missed a FG. They also played for the FG at the end rather than pass and try for a TD. Wisconsin plays Purdue next.

I watched the last 10 min or so late last night and that may be the biggest choke job in BIG history. Missed a clinching FG then two dumb PIs one on a game ending fourth down and one that negated a game ending INT. Kudos to the PU FG team for hitting the winner.

Bell is a stud though and a big miss by CTA and staff. He and Penix would be a blast to watch.

I'm not disrespecting Purdue, or not attempting to. They are a mediocre team, Indiana has the better team, and frankly, it's not close.

Our team will be DIALED in for the Bucket, you don't have to worry about that. Allen knows this is the year to get that monkey off his resume!!
That would be nice since we haven't been "dialed in" to a bucket game for a while. They better expect the best PU has...and lately that has been enough...they better be hungry as hell expecting the toughest game of the season...

Do hope WI wins next week to ensure PU not bowl eligible. But that will make Bucket game their bowl, which is why, after two tough games (PSU & UM) IU can’t have a let up!

I want the 8 win floor!

They have a chance.

Meh, better chance of courtsensetwo playing the role of Scrooge in a Purdue carol, being visited in his dreams, and then coming out to root for us in the bucket game lol

That would be nice since we haven't been "dialed in" to a bucket game for a while. They better expect the best PU has...and lately that has been enough...they better be hungry as hell expecting the toughest game of the season...

Right now, if you’re doing a clinical diagnosis of the IU offense v. Our defense, it really comes down to Philyor. If you guys can get him out in space, I’ll be covering my nuts ..

If you can’t, well maybe the Purdue defense looks more like the one that gave up 200 yards after the first two drives yesterday than the one that gave up 200 in two drives yesterday ...

My thought is Holt will go 4-2-5 with smiley on philyor. Not loving our chances there.

And then you guys have to stop our offense from keeping things tight.

I’ve been saying Indiana should be favored since I heard of the Bailey injury

I had the misfortune of attending this game. With 1st down on the PU 14 yard line, they got a disastrous holding penalty. Then they ran 3 running plays, not even trying for the TD, but playing for the FG and killing clock. Not a horrible strategy, but then the schmuck missed a 32 yd FG. I left in disgust because I knew full well what was going to happen. This year’s NW team finds ways to lose.

The next couple of weeks should be telling for both teams.

Purdue may not be bowl eligible so how does the team respond? The bowl game has been the goal to keep their fire lit amidst the myriad of injuries. The depth chart is razor thin and can they continue to get steady play from so many freshmen?

IU has looked really good so far and continues to improve. They will be coming off two games of playing good, physical football teams instead of the bottom feeders of the Big Ten. We will probably learn a lot about both teams in the upcoming weeks.

I had the misfortune of attending this game. With 1st down on the PU 14 yard line, they got a disastrous holding penalty. Then they ran 3 running plays, not even trying for the TD, but playing for the FG and killing clock. Not a horrible strategy, but then the schmuck missed a 32 yd FG. I left in disgust because I knew full well what was going to happen. This year’s NW team finds ways to lose.
In fairness to the NW coaching staff, the NW running backs had been gashing the Purdue defense all game, rushing to the tune of 251 yards total. They were trying to kill clock and it had been working up until that point. Even removing McGowans one 79 yard run, they were averaging almost 4 yards a carry.

In fairness to the NW coaching staff, the NW running backs had been gashing the Purdue defense all game, rushing to the tune of 251 yards total. They were trying to kill clock and it had been working up until that point. Even removing McGowans one 79 yard run, they were averaging almost 4 yards a carry.

Well 4 yards a carry isn't very good in college football. But if you are going to take out the 79 yarder you should also take out sack yardage, assuming there were any sacks.

Run straight at them up the middle. I expect Moore will be back but I don't care. A team that gives up 22 points to the worst offensive team in the country has a defense that can be abused

Moore has only played 4 games, and is therefore eligible to RS this year. I know there is a lot of speculation that he wouldn't/shouldn't stick around for 4 or 5 years, making RS'ing meaningless. However, unless it was a completely forgone conclusion, I would think it would be tough to pull the trigger on that decision

Moore has only played 4 games, and is therefore eligible to RS this year. I know there is a lot of speculation that he wouldn't/shouldn't stick around for 4 or 5 years, making RS'ing meaningless. However, unless it was a completely forgone conclusion, I would think it would be tough to pull the trigger on that decision

I highly doubt Purdue is worried about the 5th year of eligibility for Moore...

I don't think he would be around for a 5th year, but I believe the application for a 5th year of eligibility, doesn't happen until the 4 years are used up.

As I said, it wasn’t a terrible strategy, especially after the holding penalty. The kicker just gummed up the works.

I would be shocked if next year is not Moore's last year. If he gets injured again and has to prove his durability to the NFL...then he might stick around another year.

TomT

Do hope WI wins next week to ensure PU not bowl eligible. But that will make Bucket game their bowl, which is why, after two tough games (PSU & UM) IU can’t have a let up!

I want the 8 win floor!

I wouldn't trade a win over PSU or Michigan for losing to Purdue.

Losing to Purdue this year would be a gigantic kick in the ass..

Purdue's bye week is better timed. It would have been better for us, win or lose, to have played PSU on Saturday, then had a week off for Michigan.

If we lose to PSU & Michigan back-to-back it's going to hard to get the team ready for Purdue. Our players from the South probably aren't that fired up for Purdue. On the other hand, we have lost to Purdue the last two years, so there is that....

Last year Purdue lost in 3 OTs at home to Wisky. I thought at the time that loss would be a lot harder to rebound from than our hard-fought loss at Michigan......it didn't work out that way.

If we lose to PSU & UM..........I hope they aren't both ass kickings or, in the case of Michigan, a heart breaker. If we win either we should be good to go mentally for Purdue. But you're right.....we need Wisconsin to beat them up.

The next couple of weeks should be telling for both teams.

Purdue may not be bowl eligible so how does the team respond? The bowl game has been the goal to keep their fire lit amidst the myriad of injuries. The depth chart is razor thin and can they continue to get steady play from so many freshmen?

IU has looked really good so far and continues to improve. They will be coming off two games of playing good, physical football teams instead of the bottom feeders of the Big Ten. We will probably learn a lot about both teams in the upcoming weeks.
I agree, next few weeks will be telling. Purdue playing well (well enough to win) the last two games and they did win their homecoming game big against Maryland. Wisconsin will be a tough road test but then home against us. We have TWO tough games and then road at PU.

I agree, next few weeks will be telling. Purdue playing well (well enough to win) the last two games and they did win their homecoming game big against Maryland. Wisconsin will be a tough road test but then home against us. We have TWO tough games and then road at PU.
Wisconsin doesn't lose home games to bad teams. Purdue has a snowball's chance in hell of beating Wisconsin on Senior Day at Camp Randall.

Sure, we have tough games ahead but we're already assured of a winning season and a bowl game. Purdue will be spending December in West Lafayette, reflecting on the glory of last year's 6-7 season.

Wow, Purdue playing Wisconsin on senior day in Madison!?? That game could be ugly for Purdue. They don't have the horses to stop Wisconsin.

Wow, Purdue playing Wisconsin on senior day in Madison!?? That game could be ugly for Purdue. They don't have the horses to stop Wisconsin.
Wisconsin will run Purdue into the ground. If they aren’t too beat up, Purdue will be a very formidable opponent for IU in the Bucket game.

Wisconsin will run Purdue into the ground. If they aren’t too beat up, Purdue will be a very formidable opponent for IU in the Bucket game.
Indiana needs to not only beat Purdue, but beat Purdue in convincing style. We will be playing to impress bowl scouts in that game.

The motivation for Tom Allen's Hoosiers should be over the moon high!

Indiana needs to not only beat Purdue, but beat Purdue in convincing style. We will be playing to impress bowl scouts in that game.

The motivation for Tom Allen's Hoosiers should be over the moon high!
That’s true although the same could’ve been said for the last two years and Purdue controlled both games and won.

Reactions: Jssanto
It took a series of fortunate events for PU to squeek by a 1 win Northwestern team that we destoyed the week before.

I think the bucket game will be a dogfight, but I wouldn't say PU is playing well at all.

Brohm has a scary group at WR, but that's about it.

That’s true although the same could’ve been said for the last two years and Purdue controlled both games and won.
We haven't treated the pu game as a heated rivalry. A freshman being interviewed after the game by Don Fischer admitted he didn't realize the importance of the game until he saw a few seniors crying after the teams uninspired performance that year. I fault the team captains and the seniors for failing to pass on the importance of that game. A freshman should know that it is a rivalry from the leadership in the locker room.

It shouldn't take the fans looking stupid chanting "purdue sucks" every game to get the message to the players that the game is important. I do believe it is a bigger deal for little brothers to beat their big brother, but big brothers should have enough pride to not give them their moment.

Beating purdue is expected this year. We are the better team. The game being on the road and it being purdue's bowl game should make it closer and more competitive. IU will have to play well to make sure the outcome is in our favor.

ADVERTISEMENT