ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue weekend

kraft cheese+macaroni

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2010
Everyone only plays 3 games this weekend.....anyone heard any explanation as to why? There have been 4-game series the previous two weekends.

Everyone only plays 3 games this weekend.....anyone heard any explanation as to why? There have been 4-game series the previous two weekends.
Short answer, 13 teams. B1G chose to go with unbalanced schedule over 13 weeks, rather than balanced schedule with everyone scheduled for 4 game sets with one bye week over 13 weeks. This way everyone is scheduled for 44 games & more than 4 games vs some teams fewer than 4 with others. The balanced schedule would produce 48.

Short answer, 13 teams. B1G chose to go with unbalanced schedule over 13 weeks, rather than balanced schedule with everyone scheduled for 4 game sets with one bye week over 13 weeks. This way everyone is scheduled for 44 games & more than 4 games vs some teams fewer than 4 with others. The balanced schedule would produce 48.
Not sure I understand. Is 44 a magic number and 48 isn’t?

My bad, I went a sentence too far. There is no magic to 44 or 48; those numbers are just the outcomes of the different approaches. Personally preferred the balanced schedule with 4 games scheduled against the other 12 teams that play baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT