ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue loses to Clemson

SIhoosier26

All-Big Ten
Sep 9, 2017
No talk about this? Coming off a year where they were under .500 starting to look like this one might not be much better. Wonder if Trey is wondering if he made the right decision.

They played without Hunter and Ivey that hurt them for sure. I always like to see them lose, but they have shooters, depth, and size in the middle.

Reactions: Bill4411
They played without Hunter and Ivey that hurt them for sure. I always like to see them lose, but they have shooters, depth, and size in the middle.
Excuses excuses and they are coming off an 16-15 performance last year and would've missed the bubble.

There's absolutely no proof of anything you insinuated.

No talk about this? Coming off a year where they were under .500 starting to look like this one might not be much better. Wonder if Trey is wondering if he made the right decision.

We are sweeping the Boilers this year, and I doubt if either game is won by single digits. PU is a bottom 4 team in the league.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
Purdue always seems to play bad early but they had a very good recruiting class last year. Edey is amazing given he only started playing basketball a couple of years ago.

Check the Purdue free site also, some moronic people who post there as well. You obviously didn't watch the game with two starters out. Purdue is going to be solid and Trey made a great choice as knows that.

in seriousness good luck to IU as they will be better also and look forward when the two teams collide.

We are sweeping the Boilers this year, and I doubt if either game is won by single digits. PU is a bottom 4 team in the league.
That would be a welcome change after the way they’ve dominated us the last few years, wouldn’t it? Has Miller managed to beat them yet?

Excuses excuses and they are coming off an 16-15 performance last year and would've missed the bubble.

There's absolutely no proof of anything you insinuated.
Is Purdue missing their 2 best guards in hunter and Ivy, plus Morton playing back to back games after not practicing for a month an excuse or a fact? I see them as facts. Purdue will be alright. Young and talented. They will probably win some they shouldn't and lose some they shouldn't, but they won't be worse than last year.

I do.

Maybe, but venture that we're both willing to put money on it. Either of you? Say $200 to Doctors Without Borders, loser to post a screen shot of a canceled check or debit statement.

So you think IU will sweep Purdue in both games, they’ll both be double digit wins, and Purdue will finish bottom 4? All 3 of those things?

Thx for the info. I was watching Football yesterday. With Trey it might be that he sees himself as a guy who can improve the team. Perhaps if they aren't good he will say to himself,"time to get to work".

It amazes me that PU dick-slaps IU every year and there are still those that trash talk. I have an idea, let IU beat them for a few years in a row and then start the trash talking.

Dick slaps? Really?

Great to see you guys here though.

So you think IU will sweep Purdue in both games, they’ll both be double digit wins, and Purdue will finish bottom 4? All 3 of those things?

No way. Was Solely fixated on IU going 2-0, blew right by the rest. Oops.

No affection for your guys but credit them/Painter for doing what they do.

Still down with the 2-0 wager, understand if you're not up to it. (Admittedly snide, but sort of comes with the Territory. For now.)

You won’t get an answer, though it is funny to see the Purdue obsessed posters like ____________show up (you can fill in the blank). Serial counting and pretendinitis is sure to follow. Turns out I’m not the only one who lives in certain heads.

Clemson was picked 10th in the ACC (nowhere near as deep as the B10). They had 21 turnovers. Clemson shot close to .500. Purdue killed them on the boards and didn't shoot badly, themselves, but the game was only briefly close on the 2nd. Are Hunter and Ivey their PGs? Admittedly, I don't follow Purdue closely, but it seems like TOs are their biggest problem EVERY YEAR! TOs are what usually lead to their early exits in the tourney (and total collapses, but...). So, unless you are telling me Hunter or Ivey (Fr) will dramatically affect TOs and opponents shooting percentage or are arguing Purdue gets better as the season goes (as most teams with a decent coach do), I don't get your point. They lost to a below average ACC team, and it wasn't really a close game. One game is one game, but does not bode well in a very tough B10. They have Miami (picked 7th in ACC) and ND (12th) left as "quality" opponents pre-B10. So, either way, they will be depending on the ACC being really good to have any sort of an OOC schedule worthy of making the tourney. All that leads up to me saying: They are going to have to be multiple games over .500 in conference to have a chance at the tourney, at this point. So, how do

Hunter is our #1 point guard and Ivey although he is a 2 was also playing the point. Morton is out shape due to having mono. Bad time to have three guards out playing a pressing team. Thanks for all the concern, we will be fine. BTW Zach Edey our newest 7'-4" freshmen had 36 points in the two game tourney.

You won’t get an answer, though it is funny to see the Purdue obsessed posters like ____________show up (you can fill in the blank). Serial counting and pretendinitis is sure to follow. Turns out I’m not the only one who lives in certain heads.
Actually came over to see what the talk of iu was since I didn't get a chance to watch it and saw a post about Purdue. Lol not sure what you mean by "pretenditis" though.

Hunter is our #1 point guard and Ivey although he is a 2 was also playing the point. Morton is out shape due to having mono. Bad time to have three guards out playing a pressing team. Thanks for all the concern, we will be fine. BTW Zach Edey our newest 7'-4" freshmen had 36 points in the two game tourney.
Edey looks like he’s going to be pretty good. Can’t say I’ll enjoy watching us play against you guys over the next few years.

Clemson was picked 10th in the ACC (nowhere near as deep as the B10). They had 21 turnovers. Clemson shot close to .500. Purdue killed them on the boards and didn't shoot badly, themselves, but the game was only briefly close on the 2nd. Are Hunter and Ivey their PGs? Admittedly, I don't follow Purdue closely, but it seems like TOs are their biggest problem EVERY YEAR! TOs are what usually lead to their early exits in the tourney (and total collapses, but...). So, unless you are telling me Hunter or Ivey (Fr) will dramatically affect TOs and opponents shooting percentage or are arguing Purdue gets better as the season goes (as most teams with a decent coach do), I don't get your point. They lost to a below average ACC team, and it wasn't really a close game. One game is one game, but does not bode well in a very tough B10. They have Miami (picked 7th in ACC) and ND (12th) left as "quality" opponents pre-B10. So, either way, they will be depending on the ACC being really good to have any sort of an OOC schedule worthy of making the tourney. All that leads up to me saying: They are going to have to be multiple games over .500 in conference to have a chance at the tourney, at this point. So, how do
Turnovers will be an issue likely until this team gets some experience under their belts. 4 of the 8 guys played in their second college game last night. Guard play wins and when you are missing your two best guards and have that much inexperience, its going to be tough. Purdue isn't going to win the big ten or anything this year, but they aren't going to be a push over. Most Purdue fans are aware and understand that this is an experience year and next year and the year after are the good years for a run. No seniors this year.

Actually came over to see what the talk of iu was since I didn't get a chance to watch it and saw a post about Purdue. Lol not sure what you mean by "pretenditis" though.
Just that we have some supposed IU posters here who suffer from it . . . they aren’t grads or even long time fans, they post under different names, they rarely post about IU basketball and, when they do, it’s never accurate or informed, they troll and wreck threads if anyone expresses concern about the direction of the program, the coach, or anything approaching higher expectations, they're obsessed with Purdue and routinely start threads about your team and program, etc. They pretend to be IU fans, thus . . .

Reactions: BoilerN
I was impressed with Morton and Edey.
Edey has a soft touch and he can move.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT