ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue loses to Clemson

Just that we have some supposed IU posters here who suffer from it . . . they aren’t grads or even long time fans, they post under different names, they rarely post about IU basketball and, when they do, it’s never accurate or informed, they troll and wreck threads if anyone expresses concern about the direction of the program, the coach, or anything approaching higher expectations, they're obsessed with Purdue and routinely start threads about your team and program, etc. They pretend to be IU fans, thus . . .
Ah. That makes sense. I'm sure every fan base has them. Purdue board has people that only come out when Purdue loses and call for Painter or Brohm to be fired, when in reality, neither should be close to being on the hotseat.

Ah. That makes sense. I'm sure every fan base has them. Purdue board has people that only come out when Purdue loses and call for Painter or Brohm to be fired, when in reality, neither should be close to being on the hotseat.
Just the opposite here. We have people who defend the downward direction and lowered expectations of the program, no matter the results. They’re .100% behind the pilot and the aircraft, all the way to the crash site, and then they wonder why you complained to customer service about the flight as you’re standing next to the smoldering wreckage and giant hole in the ground.

Admittedly, Edey looks good, definitely way ahead of schedule although I question whether or not he can handle the nightly grind of the B10. Can be dominant in spurts but think he’ll regress to the mean at some point now that there is tape on him.

Obviously Hunter and Ivey being out hurt Purdue, but not sure it solves their turnover problem. Both Ivey and Hunter are natural SG’s and Hunter had as many turnovers as he did assists last year. Ivey appears to have big time scoring ability albeit he’s played one game, but was also erratic with the ball against Liberty. Purdue’s got some good young talent, and more on the way, but think they truly lack a go to player this year and that will be their downfall.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Admittedly, Edey looks good, definitely way ahead of schedule although I question whether or not he can handle the nightly grind of the B10. Can be dominant in spurts but think he’ll regress to the mean at some point now that there is tape on him.

Obviously Hunter and Ivey being out hurt Purdue, but not sure it solves their turnover problem. Both Ivey and Hunter are natural SG’s and Hunter had as many turnovers as he did assists last year. Ivey appears to have big time scoring ability albeit he’s played one game, but was also erratic with the ball against Liberty. Purdue’s got some good young talent, and more on the way, but think they truly lack a go to player this year and that will be their downfall.
I'll be curious to see edey as the grind goes on. Not to worried about physicality for him. He played hockey his whole life until a few years ago. Thats when he started balling.

Once again we have PUkes on our board after a PUkes loss. I read your board but I don't post on it even when you are bashing your IU big brother. Remember we are a football school now. We have owned your a$$ the last 7 years! Soon to be 6 out of 8. I've partied with that Oaken bucket so much in the past 7 years that I have splinters in my fingers from it. I like the upside of our basketball team this year but you guys are going to be same as always. You'll play us like your life depends on it come in 4th to 8th in the B1G, and flame out in the NCAA tournament like always. That's the Painter algorithm.

I'll be curious to see edey as the grind goes on. Not to worried about physicality for him. He played hockey his whole life until a few years ago. Thats when he started balling.
If you get 15 minutes a game from him, that would be gravy for you guys.

Reactions: BoilerN
I think Purdue will land around .500 again this season. 12-14 or 13-13 range if they play all 26 games. But next year especially if Williams stays they will be very good again

Ah, so your #1 PG averaged 2 assists and 1.2 TO's a game? Very impressive. I'm sure it would have massively affected those 21 TO's, if he wasn't out until at least January. I'm sure a freshman PG barely in the top 100 will dominate decent competition, too. I'll give it to you they might have done better against Clemson with a full roster, but you can't deny Painter's offense turns the ball over a ton and takes a ton of horrible shots. Let's not bother to mention Clemson shot 50%. Either way, Purdue is in big trouble for making the tourney.

Hunter is our #1 point guard and Ivey although he is a 2 was also playing the point. Morton is out shape due to having mono. Bad time to have three guards out playing a pressing team. Thanks for all the concern, we will be fine. BTW Zach Edey our newest 7'-4" freshmen had 36 points in the two game tourney.

Take that one back with you please. 75% of his posts are propping up PU while tearing down IU and trashing threads. He posts on GBI as kern County and just took down his posts claiming that Tom Allen was heading back to Ben Davis in shame. He is one of yours.

Last edited:
Take that one back with you please. 75% of his posts are propping up PU while tearing down IU and trashing threads. He posts on GBI as kern County and just took down his posts claiming that Tom Allen was heading back to Ben Davis in shame. He is one of yours.
I don't claim the Purdue free board. Lol I go there, see how stupid people are, make two comments, forget about it, and go back to the paid board. I'm never in the mood for that dumb. Any Purdue fan who thinks Purdue football and basketball aren't trending in the right direction and want either coach fired is dumb imo. Same can be said about any stupid post for tom Allen.

I don't claim the Purdue free board. Lol I go there, see how stupid people are, make two comments, forget about it, and go back to the paid board. I'm never in the mood for that dumb. Any Purdue fan who thinks Purdue football and basketball aren't trending in the right direction and want either coach fired is dumb imo. Same can be said about any stupid post for tom Allen.
He’s not being truthful. You can easily check to see if posts exist there and if that poster “just took down” anything. He could tell exactly how he came to know about these mysterious deletions, but it’s all bs. That’s par for the course though. Court makes allegations and then never backs them up. What you won’t see from him is much of anything regarding our program, since it’s obvious he knows little about IU basketball. He’ll stalk me in s response to you with a number, which is bizarre. He‘s the ultimate sufferer of chronic pretendinitis.

Reactions: Lucy01
He’s not being truthful. You can easily check to see if posts exist there and if that poster “just took down” anything. He could tell exactly how he came to know about these mysterious deletions, but it’s all bs. That’s par for the course though. Court makes allegations and then never backs them up. What you won’t see from him is much of anything regarding our program, since it’s obvious he knows little about IU basketball. He’ll stalk me in s response to you with a number, which is bizarre. He‘s the ultimate sufferer of chronic pretendinitis.

961, 962, 963

Yeah, it was preposterous on it's face...but that is Ordy 101.

Once again we have PUkes on our board after a PUkes loss. I read your board but I don't post on it even when you are bashing your IU big brother. Remember we are a football school now. We have owned your a$$ the last 7 years! Soon to be 6 out of 8. I've partied with that Oaken bucket so much in the past 7 years that I have splinters in my fingers from it. I like the upside of our basketball team this year but you guys are going to be same as always. You'll play us like your life depends on it come in 4th to 8th in the B1G, and flame out in the NCAA tournament like always. That's the Painter algorithm.

Everybody owned us when Hazell was coach lol. That’s not really saying much.

The Painter algorithm is a heck of a lot better than the IU algorithm of late.

Ah, so your #1 PG averaged 2 assists and 1.2 TO's a game? Very impressive. I'm sure it would have massively affected those 21 TO's, if he wasn't out until at least January. I'm sure a freshman PG barely in the top 100 will dominate decent competition, too. I'll give it to you they might have done better against Clemson with a full roster, but you can't deny Painter's offense turns the ball over a ton and takes a ton of horrible shots. Let's not bother to mention Clemson shot 50%. Either way, Purdue is in big trouble for making the tourney.

Big trouble to make the tourney based off of one game? Holy overreaction haha.

Reactions: mathboy
No way you actually believe this.
I believe a lot of us do and that’s why we talk about it on OUR forum not PU’s So get off this site we don’t care what you think. This is an IU forum and not PU. And yes we WILL beat PU twice this year. Book it! Now leave please.

Big trouble to make the tourney based off of one game? Holy overreaction haha.
I said last year that purdue's hype was unwarranted. They didn't have a go to player or the talent to back it up. Their formula was to force an ugly low scoring game and keep it close with a chance to win. It doesn't work without clutch players. I don't know if much changes this year.

I said last year that purdue's hype was unwarranted. They didn't have a go to player or the talent to back it up. Their formula was to force an ugly low scoring game and keep it close with a chance to win. It doesn't work without clutch players. I don't know if much changes this year.

The roster is significantly different this year though. Offense should be much improved but defense will be a work in progress.

Both Clemson and Purdue are football schools that are nobody in Basketball. Game meant nothing.

I was impressed with Morton and Edey.
Edey has a soft touch and he can move.
Edey will not be playable against teams like Iowa and Wisconsin with bigs who can shoot. He will be useful against some teams though. Let's see how he defends ball screens before we anoint him the next great Purdue big.
By the way why do so many PU fans lurk on our board?

Edey will not be playable against teams like Iowa and Wisconsin with bigs who can shoot. He will be useful against some teams though. Let's see how he defends ball screens before we anoint him the next great Purdue big.
By the way why do so many PU fans lurk on our board?
I read multiple big ten boards to keep up on how other teams are looking, especially when I can't watch them. Why you ask? While I'm a big Purdue fan, I am also a big big ten sports fan.

The roster is significantly different this year though. Offense should be much improved but defense will be a work in progress.
Different doesn't mean better. New players must prove themselves. This year will favor teams with experience. Fewer non conference games will mean young players facing tough conference battles early.

I think Purdue will land around .500 again this season. 12-14 or 13-13 range if they play all 26 games. But next year especially if Williams stays they will be very good again
Williams is gone after this season.

Different doesn't mean better. New players must prove themselves. This year will favor teams with experience. Fewer non conference games will mean young players facing tough conference battles early.

On the flip side, experience is generally more important for conference road games. I’ve seen plenty of young players look great in patsy games, or even against decent teams at home or in neutral venues. It’s when they go on the road in the conference for the first time that things unravel. A boisterous crowd, and typical B10 officiating can do that.

Nothing like having a veteran team for games like that.

But, this year? With no fans in the stands? I expect things to be much different.

Mackey is right. PU only loses for two reasons:

Injuries, regardless of the opponent's injuries
Refs: regardless of calls that go their way.

The sooner you accept this, the sooner they go home.
Hard to say the outcome vs Clemson isn't different if Purdue isn't down ivey even. Early season losses happen. Not to worried.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT