ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue leads this category

yes, PU has had a great program over the yrs for a school that never won the NCAA.

their best teams overlapping the dominant UCLA teams didn't help.

Did Butler have any wins before Stevens? Man, that is impressive they are on this list. ND and PU biggest losers for sure. At least IU has won since I’ve been alive. I was 2, but hell, I was alive!!!!

It is strange the limited amounts of final fours, let alone no Nattys...for the Boilers. I think in the end though, neither Keady or Painter get enough talent. To win 6 games in a row, there’s bound to be a game or two where you need some dudes to just go get the win for you. They came VERY close last year when Edwards was that dude. Big Dog had them close. But year over year, they just don’t have the talent.

Obviously they have the structure and program in place. They just need someone to carry that on, and be able to land some more dudes.

Well I dislike Purdue as much as anyone, but I can say they have also been hurt by terrible injuries to key players at the worst times. They’ve probably lost a couple final 4s and maybe a title between Glenn Robinson’s back and Robbie Hummel’s knees. Haas broke his elbow a few years ago too, but doubt they would have beaten Villanova anyway.

Well I dislike Purdue as much as anyone, but I can say they have also been hurt by terrible injuries to key players at the worst times. They’ve probably lost a couple final 4s and maybe a title between Glenn Robinson’s back and Robbie Hummel’s knees. Haas broke his elbow a few years ago too, but doubt they would have beaten Villanova anyway.

Many good programs can make that claim. But yes, when you’ve never won one, it makes them sting more, I’m sure. Obviously we’d have at least 1 more banner though with May’s arm. If Turners accident hadn’t happened, maybe a repeat in 82? Henderson’s knee year would have been a great shot. Coverdales ankle might have tipped the scales in that final four. And even Hulls shoulder might have helped open up the Cuse zone a little more if he’d been more healthy. And who knows what happens if that team gets by that matchup.

IU and Purdue have gotten to the tourney a similar amount of times probably. IU just had more elite talent, more often, and broke through a few times as a result.

I’m glad my dad went to IU and brainwashed me accordingly. Being a Purdue fan is basically like being an IU fan since 93 or so. And that has been very frustrating.

Reactions: hoosier roadtrips
Did Butler have any wins before Stevens?

Are you for real with this comment?

Though he didn't have any tourney wins, Collier jump started the Butler program with 3 tourneys and a NIT in 4 years. Matta was next with a win over Wake in '01. Lickliter then took Butler to two Sweet Sixteens before handing the program over to Stevens. The have also had 5 tourney wins since Stevens left. He was the most successful, but hardly the only one with success at Butler.

Reactions: Andy06 and minneman
Are you for real with this comment?

Though he didn't have any tourney wins, Collier jump started the Butler program with 3 tourneys and a NIT in 4 years. Matta was next with a win over Wake in '01. Lickliter then took Butler to two Sweet Sixteens before handing the program over to Stevens. The have also had 5 tourney wins since Stevens left. He was the most successful, but hardly the only one with success at Butler.

So they had 5 wins before Stevens? I didn’t remember that, I probably could not have told you Butler was in Indiana before 2005ish. I vaguely remember Todd now getting to a sweet 16 and Brad coming in. My college basketball knowledge outside of IU was slim to none till I was maybe 21ish. Since, I haven’t really went back in history to study all the programs successes. Some for sure, but Butler was not one of those programs.

Stevens had 12 wins in his tenure, more than double everyone before him. And obviously I know of the recent success of Butler, since that happened post Stevens like my original comment. Very impressive what they have done since Stevens.

Purdue is the Greatest Loser!
Hahahahahahaha!
Point and Laugh!
The Purdue Excuse-makers.
Ugly black uniforms too.
Oops... they almost had it.

Last edited:
Purdue is the Greatest Loser!
Hahahahahahaha!
Point and Laugh!
The Purdue Excuse-makers.
Ugly black uniforms too.
Oops... they almost had it.
Good find by an IU fan, it gives you something to hang your hat on and your life a purpose for a day or 2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT