ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue is improving. Impressive

None of that is true. He had the players on his side and they scared the admin into giving him the job. He was never interviewed and hired through a normal process. He flourished with Knight’s players and then flamed out just as quickly. Being in tow with Cavanaugh is perfect for you. He hopes Romeo fails in the NBA. Do you hope that as well?
Again, your ignorance is broad, both in terms of Davis and IU, a school I’m sure you never attended.

Reactions: Radio Zero
The very easy, off the top of my head reply, is Sean May. He was a lock to IU and Knight made sure he didn’t go there. He also got a lot of big money donors to stop donating.
Bingo! That was the start! May to IU and we would never be in this mess

You’ve used one and only one metric to gauge results, absent any context, and people in positions of authority would have a far broader, more thoughtful and nuanced perspective than your simplified view. IU would take Painter’s results, and reward him handsomely, in a heartbeat.
Bingo

You’ve used one and only one metric to gauge results, absent any context, and people in positions of authority would have a far broader, more thoughtful and nuanced perspective than your simplified view. IU would take Painter’s results, and reward him handsomely, in a heartbeat.
NCAA success, BT titles, and recruiting ability would be the measuring stick. What part of that do you disagree with? 14-10 in year 16 says hello.

Painter would have been fired years ago: it is what it is.

NCAA success, BT titles, and recruiting ability would be the measuring stick. What part of that do you disagree with? 14-10 in year 16 says hello.

Again, you know nothing of IU if you believe that. Painter has won two of the last three Bog Ten championships, finishing second in the other year. Your ignorance is profound if you think IU wouldn’t beg for such results.

Again, you know nothing of IU if you believe that. Painter has won two of the last three Bog Ten championships, finishing second in the other year. Your ignorance is profound if you think IU wouldn’t beg for such results.
And Crean had 2 Big 10 titles by year 8, a FF on his resume, and recruited circles around Painter. It took Painter 12 years to win a 2nd: he never would have got that chance at IU.

I have two degrees from IU, one of them is a law degree. Try again. I'd bet money I've read and forgot more than you ever will. You've certainly displayed very little intelligence in this thread.

And yet here we are, in reality and not this fantasy world of IU having hired Matt Painter. And he owns IU’s ass. And it’s not close. He won 5 straight against IU a while back, lost 4 while he was in the middle of 2 terrible years because he lost his direction. And now he’s back at it having won 9 of 10 and 6 straight with number 7 coming in a few weeks. And without an end to the streak in sight given IU’s basketball history the last 10 years.
Say what you want, deny that you would take this streak in the rivalry, say it doesn’t matter to you, whatever you need to do. At the end of the day, I know this chaps your ass. You’ve posted countless times about it trying to tell yourself it’s okay and Purdue hasn’t passed IU in relevancy and our coach isn’t a good one

edit: food for thought: Matt Painter has won the 2nd most games of any NCAA basketball coach ever through their first 15 years coaching. Literally one coach has won more in the same time frame as Matt

Last edited:
And yet here we are, in reality and not this fantasy world of IU having hired Matt Painter. And he owns IU’s ass. And it’s not close. He won 5 straight against IU a while back, lost 4 while he was in the middle of 2 terrible years because he lost his direction. And now he’s back at it having won 9 of 10 and 6 straight with number 7 coming in a few weeks. And without an end to the streak in sight given IU’s basketball history the last 10 years.
Say what you want, deny that you would take this streak in the rivalry, say it doesn’t matter to you, whatever you need to do. At the end of the day, I know this chaps your ass. You’ve posted countless times about it trying to tell yourself it’s okay and Purdue hasn’t passed IU in relevancy and our coach isn’t a good one

edit: food for thought: Matt Painter has won the 2nd most games of any NCAA basketball coach ever through their first 15 years coaching. Literally one coach has won more in the same time frame as Matt
It's a rivalry game, and obviously IU wants to win it. I never said I didn't want IU to win it. Somebody put forth the argument that Painter's record would fly at IU, and I disagreed with it and put forth evidence to support it. It appears you want to take the argument in another direction and be a douchebag: good for you, eat shit.

Food for thought: Mike Davis owns PU ass, Sampson had a winning record against PU, and Crean ran off 4 straight against Painter. What goes around, comes around, dickweed.

Oh, and 14-10 is quite the record in year 16. Whole lot of winning going on there.

Last edited:

This is some rambling drunken shit.

And Crean had 2 Big 10 titles by year 8, a FF on his resume, and recruited circles around Painter. It took Painter 12 years to win a 2nd: he never would have got that chance at IU.

I have two degrees from IU, one of them is a law degree. Try again. I'd bet money I've read and forgot more than you ever will. You've certainly displayed very little intelligence in this thread.
Lol. You compose sentences and have the thought processes of a high schooler. An average high schooler. “He would have never got that chance . . .” isn’t, and never should be, a sentence produced by a college and / or law school graduate. Please save your imaginary resume for someone else.

Likely none, but some believe Ord is a PU grad. I don't know, but he has never set foot on the IU campus...that much is clear.
1007 . . . The only non IU grad is you. When you weren’t aware of what the IUF was or did and then tried to lie your way out of it, you were thoroughly busted by me. Go away, troll boy.

1007 . . . The only non IU grad is you. When you weren’t aware of what the IUF was or did and then tried to lie your way out of it, you were thoroughly busted by me. Go away, troll boy.
You Ordy? Show yourself, coward. I think you've already given yourself away, but feel free to be make it official. You sure know a lot about the past for only being around for a few months.

You Ordy? Show yourself, coward.
No, but Courtsense has been stalking me since I busted him, on several occasions, for making stuff up. He’s been name calling and following me around ever since (presumably, he’s the author of several anonymous direct messages, as well). Funny stuff, sport. And, unlike you, I’ve been around IU for many years. One needn’t post on a fan site, as you stupidly suggested, to possess in depth knowledge of my school.

It's a rivalry game, and obviously IU wants to win it. I never said I didn't want IU to win it. Somebody put forth the argument that Painter's record would fly at IU, and I disagreed with it and put forth evidence to support it. It appears you want to take the argument in another direction and be a douchebag: good for you, eat shit.

Food for thought: Mike Davis owns PU ass, Sampson had a winning record against PU, and Crean ran off 4 straight against Painter. What goes around, comes around, dickweed.

Oh, and 14-10 is quite the record in year 16. Whole lot of winning going on there.

1. This is his 15th year, not his 16th. Wanted to make sure you were aware.

2. When IU misses the tournament this year, it’ll be more missed tournaments in the past 4 years than Painter has missed in 15 years at Purdue.

3. Remember when you were so adamant that Painter would never get past the S16? And then you conveniently changed the goalposts.

4. Painter is significantly better than Davis, Crean, and Archie and it’s not even close.

1. This is his 15th year, not his 16th. Wanted to make sure you were aware.

2. When IU misses the tournament this year, it’ll be more missed tournaments in the past 4 years than Painter has missed in 15 years at Purdue.

3. Remember when you were so adamant that Painter would never get past the S16? And then you conveniently changed the goalposts.

4. Painter is significantly better than Davis, Crean, and Archie and it’s not even close.
Painter wouldn't have made it to year 15 or 16 at IU.

You think PU is going to make the NCAA's this year? LOL. PU is 14-10. I know the IU game is PU's Super Bowl, but pump the breaks a little bit. Man, Painter really has PU rolling in "year 15."

Painter has made it past the Sweet 16 one time ever, and he has never made it to a FF. Mike Davis and Tom Crean have. Facts.

I would disagree that Matt Painter is a better coach than Mike Davis and Tom Crean. Feel free to reread the thread to find out why.

Food for thought: Mike Davis owns PU ass, and Crean ran off 4 straight against Painter. What goes around, comes around, dickweed.

You think PU is going to make the NCAA's this year? LOL. PU is 14-10. I know the IU game is PU's Super Bowl, but pump the breaks a little bit. Man, Painter really has PU rolling in "year 15."

Painter has made it past the Sweet 16 one time ever, and he has never made it to a FF. Mike Davis and Tom Crean have. Facts.

I would disagree that Matt Painter is a better coach than Mike Davis and Tom Crean. Feel free to reread the thread to find out why.

Where did you get your MP hardon. Did his IU Pop whip your ass in court one day? Matt Painter is very classy, respected nationally and a highly successful college basketball coach. He would have walked from Delaware County to Bloomington to play for RMK. It did not work out that way, but he enjoys the friendship of the Knight family and many other Hoosier basketball stars. He is on target to spend all but one year of his head coaching career at his alma mater. Fortunately your ilk are in a minority outnumbered by the many fine people who post on this forum as well as the Purdue forum. It’s sports, not war. We are neighbors, friends, brothers, sisters, husband, wives and colleagues.

Man Jimbo you’re getting really upset about this! Let’s break down this last rant a little bit.
You think PU is going to make the NCAA's this year? LOL. PU is 14-10
Without looking I am pretty sure Purdue is top 20 Kenpom.
I think Purdue is around 25 on the Net rankings right now.
Here’s this from ESPN before the game yesterday
i

Then Purdue was also listed in most brackets already before the quad 1 road win yesterday.

If the season ended today Purdue would be safely in. 14-10 is looked at different when your schedule is not full of cupcakes in the non conference.

I know the IU game is PU's Super Bowl.

I realize this is the “cool” thing to say but it really is dumb. We’ve all heard the “I’m sick and tired of losing to Purdue” speech from the most important figure in IU basketball history. He cared about this matchup and all of the fans do as well so the super bowl comment really goes both ways.

Facts but also terrible criteria for picking superior coaches. I’m 100% sure that anyone actually affiliated with college basketball would also share that thought.

that’s all I got. I already know what the lame response will be. It’ll save both of our time and your spike in blood pressure if you don’t respond but I know you will because you care too much.

Reactions: beenther1s

dude, painter is way better than crean or Davis it isn’t even close.

he gets invited every year, you have to get invited to win it. And obviously he is getting closer and closer to the final 4.

I’ll bet you what ever you want that PU makes the tourney. You are not in tho right? No1 backs up their statements with their money here. Sad.

I've said Painter is a good coach. However, he is not a great coach: neither was Keady. Neither coach has been to a FF or had much NCAA success. How can Mike Davis and Crean recruit well and get to a FF, yet Painter and Keady cannot?

You really think Painter is in the same league as Izzo, Thad Matta, Bo Ryan, or Beilein?!? Take off the black and gold glasses, my friend: ain't even close.
So are Crean and Davis “great” coaches because they made a FF? If that is your benchmark for a great coach, then we’ve let 2 go that we shouldn’t have.

If Final Four coaches are so great, why has Miami University been so bad?

You know, their coach took George Mason to the Final Four, you would think that the Hurricanes would be dominant since Final Four coaches are subsequently better than any other coach who has never been to a final four, but under his leadership and playing in a Power 5 conference, the Hurricanes have been to S16 only 2 times. He has been there 8 years and only made the tournament 4 times, but he is a Final Four coach so he MUST be better than a guy like, um, this Painter fella. SMH

dude, painter is way better than crean or Davis it isn’t even close.

he gets invited every year, you have to get invited to win it. And obviously he is getting closer and closer to the final 4.

I’ll bet you what ever you want that PU makes the tourney. You are not in tho right? No1 backs up their statements with their money here. Sad.

Of course he is............

The main point here is that EVEN Mike Davis and Tom Crean were able to dominate Purdue and Painter, and be more relevant nationally. Because IU has a history of NCAA success, and is easy to recruit to. Purdue is a fine school, but 50% of the public doesn't even know it's in Indiana. No reason to bust Painter....he's got that elephant of tourney failure and Purdue irrelevance on his back. No doubt he's an able coach. It's not his fault we can't get our **** together.

Responding to posts about Ordfan? So now you are f I n a l l y dropping the rediculous lie about who and how many you are? Baby steps.

I was asked to group your post-"swear to god I will never respond to another of Courtsense's posts" responses into fours. to cut down on volume, so I think this makes:

You Ordy? Show yourself, coward. I think you've already given yourself away, but feel free to be make it official. You sure know a lot about the past for only being around for a few months.

He F'd up and responded to Ordy based on his insane purple rage about me. He will now deny it, declare victory and call you stupid.

Tom Crean at IU: 166-135 (71-91 B1G) 2 B1G titles, 4 NCAAT appaearances, 6 NCAAT wins

Matt Painter 1st 9 seasons: 191-112 (89-69 B1G) 1 B1G title, 1 BTT title, 6 NCAAT appearances, 8 NCAAT wins

Painter clearly had the better resume thru 9 years. And at IU he likely recruits better than Purdue. Now we may have fired Painter after the 2013 and 2014 seasons, but those might never happen with a higher talent level here.

Tom Crean at IU: 166-135 (71-91 B1G) 2 B1G titles, 4 NCAAT appaearances, 6 NCAAT wins

Matt Painter 1st 9 seasons: 191-112 (89-69 B1G) 1 B1G title, 1 BTT title, 6 NCAAT appearances, 8 NCAAT wins

Painter clearly had the better resume thru 9 years. And at IU he likely recruits better than Purdue. Now we may have fired Painter after the 2013 and 2014 seasons, but those might never happen with a higher talent level here.

To be fair to Crean here...he started with walk ons and baseball players. The transition from El Swirlo to Porkchop was pretty well managed.

Responding to posts about Ordfan? So now you are dropping the lie about who and how many you are? Baby steps.

I was asked to group your post-"swear to god I will never respond to another of Courtsense's posts" responses into fours. to cut down on volume, so I think this makes:

No, I’m responding to posts you made directly to me after you swore you’d never reply to me again and promised to put me on ignore. Since you’re an admitted lair, I knew you wouldn’t do that. Rent free, troll boy. I own you.

No, I’m responding to posts you made directly to me after you swore you’d never reply to me again and

Sorry too late Ace...you F'd up.

I looked back at how many times you responded since Sat so another group of four covered here.

7 1 3

Sorry too late Ace...you F'd up.

I looked back at how many times you responded since Sat so another group of four covered here.

7 1 3
You’re lying again, Ace. I did nothing of the sort other than own you once again. Kevin Warren. East Coaster. IUF. Rent free. By the way, your lack of formal education comes shining though once again in your post.

Where did you get your MP hardon. Did his IU Pop whip your ass in court one day? Matt Painter is very classy, respected nationally and a highly successful college basketball coach. He would have walked from Delaware County to Bloomington to play for RMK. It did not work out that way, but he enjoys the friendship of the Knight family and many other Hoosier basketball stars. He is on target to spend all but one year of his head coaching career at his alma mater. Fortunately your ilk are in a minority outnumbered by the many fine people who post on this forum as well as the Purdue forum. It’s sports, not war. We are neighbors, friends, brothers, sisters, husband, wives and colleagues.

Give it to 'em des!

Reactions: boilerzrule
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT