ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue-Gonzaga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beating iu is not a super bowl, it's expected.
LOLZ!!! No, the PUkes routinely shit the bed against mid majors when it matters and haven't been to a FF since 1980. It is expected that PU will lose to a mid major and not do shit in the NCAA's. PUke split with IU last year, and IU is better this year and PU is worse: good luck, son. Sounds like you are obsessed with Archie Miller: go watch Rhode Island, son.

golden-peacock.gif

@Cavanagh I think the liberal open nature of the board is fine but it is time to take out the trash.

Any of us would be gone after one post on their boards and they have moved in.

• Sad
Reactions: Torbin.Bequette
LOLZ!!! No, the PUkes routinely shit the bed against mid majors when it matters and haven't been to a FF since 1980. It is expected that PU will lose to a mid major and not do shit in the NCAA's. PUke split with IU last year, and IU is better this year and PU is worse: good luck, son. Sounds like you are obsessed with Archie Miller: go watch Rhode Island, son.

golden-peacock.gif
"IU is better this year and PU is worse." 🤣🤣🤣 Go rock yourself to sleep in your we're back t-shirt.

Yeah, their soccer programs are amazing, to say nothing of their swimming and diving teams.

Unclear how a "braintrust" could include someone who doesn't appear to have enough intellectual gunpowder to blow their own nose.
Uh, you might want to check facts. Purdue diving is one of the elite programs in the country and has been for decades. Our Hoosiers own swimming (used to anyway) and the Yeagley’s have built and maintained soccer program.

golden-peacock.gif
This post has aged well. Ha!

Reactions: Schrodinger99
Purdue could go undefeated back to back and it would still be akin to cleaning out a sceptic tank by hand. 👎

Purdue has had an historically good start and you think they have gotten worse. Strong logic, dumb dumb.
I'm sure PU is better off without Ivey and Trevion. Ivey is a generational talent for PU and last year was PU's best Painter team: the Peacocks took out this team.

Purdue had a fantastic weekend. I understand the bucket win was at your expense but can’t you be happy for “little brother?” Moreover, Indiana fans love good basketball. Can’t IU fans appreciate what Purdue did in Portland and root for your “little brother?” Who cares that Purdue is always ranked considerably higher in academics? You should always want your siblings to do well.

WL Population was under 45,000 in 2021
Bloom pop was a hair under 80,000 in 2021

By my math that makes Btown about 35,000 people bigger than WL
The greater Lafayette area is near 300k. The greater Bloomington area…including Bean Blossom and Aintry Cty Georgia is 45000 plus 1 fiddle player, 2 toothless rapist and a couple of guys looking for the drag strip.

I'm sure PU is better off without Ivey and Trevion. Ivey is a generational talent for PU and last year was PU's best Painter team: the Peacocks took out this team.
One can easily argue that last year's team was more talented. However, this team might be a better team. By that, I mean a collection of talent that blends together better and is more amenable to Painter's coaching.

What you fail to see, and which major media now does see, is that Painter is a very good coach. At this time, CBSSPORTS.COM ranks him 12th on the list of best coaches. You keep up the "Mediocre Matt" tripe, but your opinion is not shared by the people that closely follow college basketball for a living. You can have your opinion, but being ranked 12th out of over 330 peers does not fit your description.

Purdue had a fantastic weekend. I understand the bucket win was at your expense but can’t you be happy for “little brother?” Moreover, Indiana fans love good basketball. Can’t IU fans appreciate what Purdue did in Portland and root for your “little brother?” Who cares that Purdue is always ranked considerably higher in academics? You should always want your siblings to do well.
Yawn

The greater Lafayette area is near 300k. The greater Bloomington area…including Bean Blossom and Aintry Cty Georgia is 45000 plus 1 fiddle player, 2 toothless rapist and a couple of guys looking for the drag strip.
Always great to see a life loser asshole that thinks he just said something funny. Did you use a tissue after you typed that or just lick your fingers?

One can easily argue that last year's team was more talented. However, this team might be a better team. By that, I mean a collection of talent that blends together better and is more amenable to Painter's coaching.

What you fail to see, and which major media now does see, is that Painter is a very good coach. At this time, CBSSPORTS.COM ranks him 12th on the list of best coaches. You keep up the "Mediocre Matt" tripe, but your opinion is not shared by the people that closely follow college basketball for a living. You can have your opinion, but being ranked 12th out of over 330 peers does not fit your description.
Agree to disagree. What advantages did the Mean Green and Peacocks have over Matt and PU? How can you have any hope in the guy after his best team ever loses to the Peacocks?

Amazing that Purdue fans haven’t learned their lesson about celebrating November National Championships. Have they already forgotten last season?
It appears they have. Here's something to help them remember. This was Matt Painter's best team at PU. It's going to be different this year, lol

Agree to disagree. What advantages did the Mean Green and Peacocks have over Matt and PU? How can you have any hope in the guy after his best team ever loses to the Peacocks?
I recall RMK losing to Cleveland State and Richmond. But you do not believe that made him a poor coach. That same St. Peter's team beat Kentucky before they got to Purdue and Kentucky was a higher seed. In a "one and done" tournament, a team can get hot and upsets can happen.

If anything, Painter has been the victim of bad luck. The Hummel team was all set to make a deep run and Hummel was injured in Minnesota. Haas had his arm broken at the end of a large win and that play resulted in a rule change. Too late for the Haas team under Painter. UVa hit a miracle shot in an EE game to prevent Painter from advancing. The UConn team with Kemba Walker was an unlikely bid recipient, almost the last in, but got hot and won it all. Tournaments are random and subject to large variability.

Reactions: Bill4411
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT