ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue getting whipped by Illinois

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017
Down 57-34 with 3 minutes left in the game. Looks like they won't score 40 tonight.

Illinois has some good players. Not sure we will do much better in Champaign.
The way this season is going, I wouldn't expect much different from us. Was watching this and thinking that Butler might be the only team from Indiana in the NCAA tournament this year (as long as they don't have an epic collapse or major injury problems)

Yeah they lost all there talent when carsen edwards left. LOL them thiking eastern might leave early for the NBA

It seem many teams struggled on the road, but 37 points? Middle school girls teams score that much in less than 40 minutes of game time.

It seem many teams struggled on the road, but 37 points? Middle school girls teams score that much in less than 40 minutes of game time.

Saw a middle school girls game over x-mas and the score was 8-3 at half.

Reactions: kkott
I played in a middle school game when the final score read:
Perry East 42 - Eastwood 7. It was a quiet bus ride home, as are most bus rides following a public flogging. This would have been in the good year of the Lord, 1964, if math and memory serves me like I think they should...back in the days of the chaffing jockstraps. That display of ineptitude haunts me to this day. I remember playing briefly, probably inserted somewhere near the end of the first quarter, after the game had already gotten out of hand, and even more sadly, into mine. At the post season banquet, with all the parents in attendance, the coach introduced me as the best shooter on the team...more specifically, the best shooter in practice, but get him in a game and he was blinded by the lights, in paraphrase. The real tragedy is I never thought to wear sunglasses. I might have been able to salvage a little more respect for the team, at the same time looking as "cool" as hell for such a precocious young man in uniform. We'll never know.

Perry East 42 - Eastwood 7. It was a quiet bus ride home, as are most bus rides following a public flogging. This would have been in the good year of the Lord, 1964, if math and memory serves me like I think they should...back in the days of the chaffing jockstraps. That display of ineptitude haunts me to this day. I remember playing briefly, probably inserted somewhere near the end of the first quarter, after the game had already gotten out of hand, and even more sadly, into mine. At the post season banquet, with all the parents in attendance, the coach introduced me as the best shooter on the team...more specifically, the best shooter in practice, but get him in a game and he was blinded by the lights, in paraphrase. The real tragedy is I never thought to wear sunglasses. I might have been able to salvage a little more respect for the team, at the same time looking as "cool" as hell for such a precocious young man in uniform. We'll never know.
IU could use you now to drain some 3pt Shots and some Free Throws.

I’d take Illinois’s coach, or at least their players!!

of course you'd take their coach. he's won 13 big ten games and was hired when Archie was. that's an easy slam-dunk comparison for a drooling asshole like yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiverView31
I can remember my daughter's school team shutting out another team and having 42 points at half. The second half was difficult for the coach to stop the reserves from scoring. When he tried to burn the running clock, the fans for the other team booed because they wanted a chance to score. The final score was still 60 something to 0. They scored 3 points (on 3 made free throws in separate quarters) the next time we played them.

Our 6 graders that started out together lost 2 games in 3 years. The same ref worked both games.

I hate to imagine what the score would have been if Purdue wasn't a decent defensive team. Anyhow, I don't see anyone on IU's team to stop that Cockburn feller.

I have been rough on Eastern, coining the "No O" nickname, but I am actually feeling sorry for him. I watched the entire Illinois game, and No O may be the worst shooting guard in D1. He missed at least 5 point blank shots, and the free throw form makes you want to recoil in horror. 2-10 and 2-4 from the line. His mom is a nutjob, and has really messed him up. The NBA draft evaluation must have been a hoot.

Reactions: sluggo69
I have been rough on Eastern, coining the "No O" nickname, but I am actually feeling sorry for him. I watched the entire Illinois game, and No O may be the worst shooting guard in D1. He missed at least 5 point blank shots, and the free throw form makes you want to recoil in horror. 2-10 and 2-4 from the line. His mom is a nutjob, and has really messed him up. The NBA draft evaluation must have been a hoot.
Correction, Nojel is a point guard, not the shooting guard. Fortunately, in Painter's offense, the point guard does not have to be a scorer. However, it would have been nice if Nojel could contribute at least 10 to 12 points a game. The biggest surprise and disappointment for me as a Purdue fan is how much Wheeler has regressed. I thought he was going to be the next man up.

Edward's wasn't the only player they last last year. When you have two guys who you have to guard out to 40+ feet, it makes things much easier on the inside. Unfortunately for Purdue, their current lineup thinks they can shoot as well as Edwards and Kline (sp?). Their shot selection is horrible.....

Yeah they lost all there talent when carsen edwards left. LOL them thiking eastern might leave early for the NBA

Edward's and Kline sure drew out the defense, didn't they?

Correction, Nojel is a point guard, not the shooting guard. Fortunately, in Painter's offense, the point guard does not have to be a scorer. However, it would have been nice if Nojel could contribute at least 10 to 12 points a game. The biggest surprise and disappointment for me as a Purdue fan is how much Wheeler has regressed. I thought he was going to be the next man up.

Correction, Nojel is a point guard, not the shooting guard. Fortunately, in Painter's offense, thise point guard does not have to be a scorer. However, it would have been nice if Nojel could contribute at least 10 to 12 points a game. The biggest surprise and disappointment for me as a Purdue fan is how much Wheeler has regressed. I thought he was going to be the next man up.

I was not clear. I meant that NoO may be the worst D1 guard, at the one or the two, at shooting the basketball. I agree that he is a point guard. SS has really filled it up, the next Ryan Cline with that quick release. It is only a third of the way thru the season, and there is time for both teams to gain bac k the shooting accuracy.

Damn.... I thought I was old...

They still jumped center after each made basket back then, right........????

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

McHoop

Damn.... I thought I was old...

They still jumped center after each made basket back then, right........????

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

McHoop
In days of old when Knights were bold, before jockstraps were invented, they’d tie a sock upon their cock, hoping to prevent “it”. Why, it seems like only yesterday, Martha, you were slipping on my Trojan Magnum, the day you broke your hip.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT