ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue get Proctor, Archie gets ?

40% career. Whatever.
to be a shooter you actually have to, you know, shoot the ball. if you don't even make one three pointer per game how in the hell are a shooter? you keep hanging on 40% like that's all that matters. if you took 5 shots all season and made 2 are you a prolific shooter?

Please tell me you don't coach. I expect emotional over the top reactions from our fans whose personal value are connected to a college team, but typically coaches know better. Foreseeable, really....okay.
what i can see is a player with terrible form, even worse footwork, and a couple of years of college play against a talent level far below the big ten and a proven inability to score from three. perhaps you could write a letter to the st. mary's coach and ask him to please tell you he isn't a coach.

Coaches are supposed to scout talent and recruit the best players. Archie blew that one.
And let’s say Archie did blow that evaluation.

THAT is what caused us to miss the NCAA tournament? Those 90 player games missed to injury had no impact, right?

We need a grad transfer who can shoot. Guess Archie isn't aware of this. He blamed the season on a lack of 3 point shooting but he is focused on freshmen. I don't get it.
Maybe CAM is aware of the need and is working quietly to find the right person.

He averaged 4 points a game. That was just not a good decision bringing him in. Plenty of they grad transfers start and average 15-18 a game. Fitzner did not even start at St. Mary's.
Yeah but not because he couldn’t shoot. Don’t bring up bullshit about not starting. He didn’t start because he’s not a post player and not because he couldn’t shoot.

We need a grad transfer who can shoot. Guess Archie isn't aware of this. He blamed the season on a lack of 3 point shooting but he is focused on freshmen. I don't get it.
That is stupid, pretty much all grad transfers are 1 and done. I would rather him concentrate on recruiting real talent and real players unlike Fitzner and his lifetime 4-10 3 pt clip in NCAAW league land

Painter is a better coach than Archie and I would trade Purdue in a heartbeat.
Painter would have been ran out of town on a rail at IU, and justifiably so. They just finished their statue of Painter to place outside of Mackey:

han-solo-carbonite-door-decal-300x250.jpg
This is very true. No way an IU coach can take 14 years to finally make it past the sweet 16. A lot of people here think Archie should’ve done it in year two!

It's a futile task, asking the "fire Archie" crowd to provide specifics other than the most basic of stats (W/L, shooting percentage etc). They can only point to those things because they don't have the capacity and/or the will to delve any deeper, perfectly content to barely scratch the surface on the "why" of it all and even more lacking in the patience it takes to actually build something. They are content to pine for the next "greatest coach since sliced bread" to come along and save us, like infants distracted by shiny objects, instead of giving the current guy more than 2 years to build a program around his vision, his culture. They point to guys like Painter (who has had 15 years to build his program) and Izzo (24 years to build his program) as comparisons, yet it's apples and oranges when they are calling for Archie's head halfway through his second season. Hell, we've even had posters wish we would hire a cheater and actively cheat to win. WTF?

I've said it before, and I will say it again...if we are still sitting here halfway through year 4 in the same position we were halfway through year 2, then I will be more than happy to join the "fire Archie" crowd in calling for a change. I will admit I was wrong in him being the "right guy". But they won't find me apologizing for wanting to give him the time to build something. Them hopping from thread to thread and taking a figurative dump in each one, whining and moaning and complaining like an amalgamation of Eyore, Chicken Little, a mother-in-law and the average PUke) is wearing so damned thin.

And I swear to God if I see one more sniveling, quivering sack of monkey turds claim to be an IU fan and in the same post wish we had Purdue's coach I am gonna gouge my eyes out with a rusty nail. I'm gonna make it simple for anyone who thinks like this...It's a PUke's job to want what IU has (like they have been doing since the 1940's) and it's an IU fan's job to laugh at them every year when they fail to achieve it. Either change allegiances right TF now, or beg your wife to let you take your testicles out of her purse before you post here.

Lol. Loser

Oh I’m not aware the recruiting window had closed.

Purdue is a better program than IU currently.

When will the state of Indiana, as it relates to college basketball, maintain the consistency of states like North Carolina and Michigan in their success on the hardwood?

Every year, Duke and UNC are good and have legitimate shots to go deep in the tourney?

Michigan State and Michigan have become a situation like that.

Meanwhile, states like Indiana this year had 3 teams not worth a damn and 1 that was pretty good. And it ebbs and flows every year. One year, it may be IU or Butler or Purdue or ND but never all of them playing at consistently high levels in the same season.

They call this a “basketball state?”
I guess that just means that the state really likes basketball without the results?

Hell, the best kid in the state this recruiting class, Brooks, decided to pack his shit and head out of state.
So much for being a state that has college programs appealing enough to lock them in to a state school.

I could make an argument that the state of Alabama is as much a basketball state as Indiana at this point.

When will the state of Indiana, as it relates to college basketball, maintain the consistency of states like North Carolina and Michigan in their success on the hardwood?

Every year, Duke and UNC are good and have legitimate shots to go deep in the tourney?

Meanwhile, states like Indiana this year had 3 teams not worth a damn and 1 that was pretty good. And it ebbs and flows every year. One year, it may be IU or Butler or Purdue or ND but never all of them playing at consistently high levels in the same season.

I guess that just means that the state really likes basketball without the results?

Hell, the best kid in the state this recruiting class, Brooks, decided to pack his shit and head out of state.
So much for being a state that has college programs appealing enough to lock them in to a state school.

I could make an argument that the state of Alabama is as much a basketball state as Indiana at this point.
The apologists won’t like this truth.

Here come the personal attacks and insults with a side of false guarantees.

Reactions: IUgradman
Really? Is it that hard to understand why UNC/Duke and MSU/UM have built programs that compete in the tourney every year? The state of North Carolina has had successful coaches stick around 2 and 3 or more decades (Dean Smith and Roy Williams @ UNC and Coach K @ Duke). The state of Michigan did with MSU from Jud to Izzo and UM has had lesser success through the years but still was best when they held on to coaches for a long time (Orr, Freider, Fisher and now Beilein all got 10 or more seasons). The state of Indiana had it for nearly 3 decades with Knight-Keady-Phelps @ IU-PU-ND,

Currently in Indiana and Carolina and Michigan, the teams with the most continuity in coaching staffs have built programs that continually compete, and even the past 2 decades in Indiana with ND and Purdue. Brey didn't miss the postseason in nearly 20 years until they joined the ACC, and have missed 2 of 6. Purdue transitioned from Keady to Painter and have been the most consistent of the bunch. Butler has been great and bad, up and down. the past 2-3 decades as every time they have a good coach, he gets poached by a higher profile program (7 coaches in 20 years). And IU has had 5 coaches in 20 years (6 if you count Dakich), and had fired every one of them except the current one and some people want him fired too (something that can't be said about ANY of the teams you listed).

It's hard to build a dynastic program when you are changing coaches like dirty underwear.

Last edited:

Best kid in the state based on what? I thought TJD was the highest ranked?

Really? Is it that hard to understand why UNC/Duke and MSU/UM have built programs that compete in the tourney every year? The state of North Carolina has had successful coaches stick around 2 and 3 or more decades (Dean Smith and Roy Williams @ UNC and Coach K @ Duke). The state of Michigan did with MSU from Jud to Izzo and UM has had lesser success through the years but still was best when they held on to coaches for a long time (Orr, Freider, Fisher and now Beilein all got 10 or more seasons). The state of Indiana had it for nearly 3 decades with Knight-Keady-Phelps @ IU-PU-ND,

Currently in Indiana and Carolina and Michigan, the teams with the most continuity in coaching staffs have built programs that continually compete, and even the past 2 decades in Indiana with ND and Purdue. Brey didn't miss the postseason in nearly 20 years until they joined the ACC, and have missed 2 of 6. Purdue transitioned from Keady to Painter and have been the most consistent of the bunch. Butler has been great and bad, up and down. the past 2-3 decades as every time they have a good coach, he gets poached by a higher profile program (7 coaches in 20 years). And IU has had 5 coaches in 20 years (6 if you count Dakich), and had fired every one of them except the current one and some people want him fired too (something that can't be said about ANY of the teams you listed).

It's hard to build a dynastic program when you are changing coaches like dirty underwear.
Or when you hire terrible coaches and then hang on to them way too long.

Tom Crean was here 9 years. That’s an eternity in college sports. He should have been fired after 3. Hanging on to a bad coach for 30 years will just get you 30 bad seasons.

Year 3 of Archie is the most important one of his life. If no NCAA, his seat will get very hot. That's a fact.

I definitely think this true. IMO, he will get year four unless there is rules issues or another epic collapse.

When he does well it will be because he was coaches by Tubby Smith...and Painter had it easy and handed to him prepared and ready.

When Archie gets a guy and cant find ways to maximize their skills or opportunities its because the old coach sucked and Archie has to unteach them...

Bahahaahaha
Now I remember why I pay money for the Premie board.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
Guys for the NIT?

That is stupid, pretty much all grad transfers are 1 and done. I would rather him concentrate on recruiting real talent and real players unlike Fitzner and his lifetime 4-10 3 pt clip in NCAAW league land

A lot of teams have injuries. You get 13 scholarships .
Here's the long discussion on it. Roster Construction 2019 - 2021
The pertinent portion to answer your question on the injuries is this:

So, again, what team with a similar roster makeup (experience & talent-wise) has the injuries IU had this season past and made the NCAA tournament?

Please answer the bold. Been asking this same question for A MONTH now and all the people who tell me "every team has to deal with injuries" has never been able to give me an answer. Would be much obliged if you could provide who this team is.

Here's the long discussion on it. Roster Construction 2019 - 2021
The pertinent portion to answer your question on the injuries is this:

Please answer the bold. Been asking this same question for A MONTH now and all the people who tell me "every team has to deal with injuries" has never been able to give me an answer. Would be much obliged if you could provide who this team is.
Can you possibly answer why anyone would think the 2018-2019 team would win the conference and get to the final four as long as they had “solid” point guard play, then come on here for 8 pages and argue that the talent and experience level of the team weren’t comparable to MSU, the team that accomplished those things? Face it, you were wrong. Very, very wrong. You’re trying to have it both ways and it’s impossible. Just own that you didn’t know what you were talking about and then shut up. Please.

Can you possibly answer why anyone would think the 2018-2019 team would win the conference and get to the final four as long as they had “solid” point guard play, then come on here for 8 pages and argue that the talent and experience level of the team weren’t comparable to MSU, the team that accomplished those things? Face it, you were wrong. Very, very wrong. You’re trying to have it both ways and it’s impossible. Just own that you didn’t know what you were talking about and then shut up. Please.

Sure, ordfan - that was the possibilities BEFORE the season.
BEFORE all the injuries.

Any other questions?

Sure, ordfan - that was the possibilities BEFORE the season.
BEFORE all the injuries.

Any other questions?
One more: Why do you post here when you don’t have the slightest idea what you’re talking about? A team lacking in talent and experience, by your estimate, was still a legitimate conference champion and final four contender? No one could be as stupid as you. Please stfu. Please. You were wrong. Way wrong. Just own it.

3 years of no NCAA and you think he gets year 4? I really don't understand this thought .

Damn man, I was agreeing with you or so I thought.

You stated that no NCAA next year and his seat gets very hot. You did NOT say he would be fired. I took it to mean that his seat would be very hot in year four.

So are you saying that no NCAA in year three and he gets fired?

Yes

Damn man, I was agreeing with you or so I thought.

You stated that no NCAA next year and his seat gets very hot. You did NOT say he would be fired. I took it to mean that his seat would be very hot in year four.

So are you saying that no NCAA in year three and he gets fired?

One more: Why do you post here when you don’t have the slightest idea what you’re talking about? A team lacking in talent and experience, by your estimate, was still a legitimate conference champion and final four contender? No one could be as stupid as you. Please stfu. Please. You were wrong. Way wrong. Just own it.

One more: Why do you post here under the 346th username, Ordfan? Why don’t you own that?

IU has higher standards. Painter would have been fired a long time ago. No FF in 15 years. PU is a limited program: there is a reason they haven't been to a FF in 40 years.
If painter had all the talent we’ve had the last 15 years he’d have 3-4 final fours by now Jimbo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT