ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue fans

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
I noticed on GBI, you guys said we had a “train wreck” of an off-season. Can some of you guys come over here and elaborate on that?

Kane Wommack leaves to take a HC job-Not a train wreck.

Mike Hart goes to his Alma Mater-Not a train wreck.

Charlton Warren hired as DC-Not a train wreck.

Big Ten WR of the year returns-Not a train wreck.

Michigan starting C transfers in-Not a train wreck

Florida State #1 WR transfers in-Not a train wreck.

Ole Miss DE transfers in-Not a train wreck.

Am I blind here or am I just not seeing the train wreck?

I noticed on GBI, you guys said we had a “train wreck” of an off-season. Can some of you guys come over here and elaborate on that?

Please don't invite the neighbors in. They smell bad and scare the pets.

Im just tired of the baseless crap they spew. And then they get excited about hiring a DC from Marshall who had awful defenses at Wake Forrest. Purdue fans are turds.
Not sure who said that. I don't think they have. I think its fair to question the DC hire, but overall, I'd say both have had pretty good offseasons. Now that Purdue's cancer (Diaco) is gone and they upgraded some coaching positions, I think both teams will be pretty solid next year.

Not sure who said that. I don't think they have. I think its fair to question the DC hire, but overall, I'd say both have had pretty good offseasons. Now that Purdue's cancer (Diaco) is gone and they upgraded some coaching positions, I think both teams will be pretty solid next year.

Thank you for being a reasonable Purdue fan.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Im just tired of the baseless crap they spew. And then they get excited about hiring a DC from Marshall who had awful defenses at Wake Forrest. Purdue fans are turds.

Ironic that you mention turds.....

"Just a mind blowing hire considering all the proven options that wanted to come here. Allen is getting way too much love over one season where we lost a bowl game to a team with a losing record."

I don't think he was florida states #1 wr.

I was thinking about transfers, and I'm not sure how many we have had that were "home runs?" Don't get me wrong, I think we've hit several doubles - but probably an equal/slightly higher number of strikeouts. The only HR I can think of is Jordan Howard.

Stirkeouts:
Dawkins, QB - Arizona
Hawkins, WR - UAB/UF
Wesley Green, CB - South Carolina
Finch, S - Florida

Singles:
Jaimie Thompson?, S - Ohio State

Doubles:
Lidner, OL - Miami
Swann, DL - Stanford
LoVecchio, QB - ND

I'd add Dylan Powell, OL, as at least a double, maybe more. He came in here unable to lift(improve his strength) due to recovering from shoulder surgery & beat out the competition for starting guard position on our team. Plus he'll be back & stronger after a year with our S&C coach Wellman. A great fit.

I was thinking about transfers, and I'm not sure how many we have had that were "home runs?" Don't get me wrong, I think we've hit several doubles - but probably an equal/slightly higher number of strikeouts. The only HR I can think of is Jordan Howard.

Stirkeouts:
Dawkins, QB - Arizona
Hawkins, WR - UAB/UF
Wesley Green, CB - South Carolina
Finch, S - Florida

Singles:
Jaimie Thompson?, S - Ohio State

Doubles:
Lidner, OL - Miami
Swann, DL - Stanford
LoVecchio, QB - ND
Home run - Jordan Howard
Plus there have been several solid juco transfers over the past decade.

I'd also add Nick Linder & Kayton Samuels as hits, with Linder as a double and Samuels a stand-up single.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT