ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue fans must be threatened by Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to rivals PU offered Walker also, Cunningham obviously has some great offers, pretty sure many are not valid committable offers. Pretty confident he isn't turning down Alabama, LSU and Georgia to go to PU or IU. That said he and Walker are the two that IU would like in this class, tall order, we'll see.

I believe Andrew Cunningham goes to a school with multiple division one players.. Its becoming more common to offer teammates to get in with the better recruits. As you said... those aren't commitable offers

We've also landed plenty of players with several P5 offers too though (including beating you out for one on Tuesday). You do realize that Hazell was the worst coach we've ever had? It's almost impossible for Brohm to be worse. Our schedule is ranked as one of the toughest 5 in college football this year so yeah wins will definitely be hard to come by. I think I could see 2-4 wins. I disagree about winning only 2 or 3 games the next 2 or 3 years. This year I agree but not the following few years after that. Heck, even Hazell won 3 games last year and he was a terrible coach.

Plenty? Who are those?

What PU fans don't realize is, that UofL fans are not thrilled with Petrino. He's the most hated, successful coach, that I have ever seen. I live in Louisville. If Petrino continues to let them down like he normally does and Brohm proves his worth at PU, he's gone. Allen and Brohm are both unproven in the Big Ten but if they both win, Brohm is probably gone.

What PU fans don't realize is, that UofL fans are not thrilled with Petrino. He's the most hated, successful coach, that I have ever seen. I live in Louisville. If Petrino continues to let them down like he normally does and Brohm proves his worth at PU, he's gone. Allen and Brohm are both unproven in the Big Ten but if they both win, Brohm is probably gone.

I can live with that. If he leaves for Louisville, our program will be in better shape than it was when he got here.

I can live with that. If he leaves for Louisville, our program will be in better shape than it was when he got here.
Yeah, I can see that. That scenario will not play out if he is unsuccessful at PU.

I have not read this entire thread but from the subject title, I can imagine how it went. I would just like to say this....I always want IU to be better than Purdue and usually root against the Boilers every week. But that being said, I would love to see both teams become close to the top 2 in the conference and the bucket game winner means a trip to the Big Ten championship. How rocking would Memorial Stadium be in that situation? (Of course, I only want that if IU wins.....)

Reactions: ESalum86 and RBB89
Yeah, I can see that. That scenario will not play out if he is unsuccessful at PU.

I have not read this entire thread but from the subject title, I can imagine how it went. I would just like to say this....I always want IU to be better than Purdue and usually root against the Boilers every week. But that being said, I would love to see both teams become close to the top 2 in the conference and the bucket game winner means a trip to the Big Ten championship. How rocking would Memorial Stadium be in that situation? (Of course, I only want that if IU wins.....)

The bucket games of late have been underwhelming.

35k IU fans and 500 PU fans . A meaningful game would change that. Turkey weekend is still a problem.

The bucket games of late have been underwhelming.

35k IU fans and 500 PU fans . A meaningful game would change that. Turkey weekend is still a problem.
I am with you .Thanksgiving week is a problem,both Purdue and IU have each played four or five basketball games by then,and 2007 was the only year since 1980 when both teams went into this rivalry game when both had a chance at a Bowl game.Isnt that sad?

I am with you .Thanksgiving week is a problem,both Purdue and IU have each played four or five basketball games by then,and 2007 was the only year since 1980 when both teams went into this rivalry game when both had a chance at a Bowl game.Isnt that sad?

Indeed. One knocking the other out of a bowl has been the big motivator.

Too many people travel or have family in over that weekend. We go, but that is a family thing.

Brohm was a very good hire for PU. Having said that PU fans are putting the cart way ahead of the horse. Hammer and Rails predicted them to put up 52 points on IU I think. I think IU wins this year and from there its back to a dogfight. Catch 22 for Purdue, if he sux he sux, if he's good he's gone. Already seen his name mentioned with the potential Ole Miss opening.

Brohm was a very good hire for PU. Having said that PU fans are putting the cart way ahead of the horse. Hammer and Rails predicted them to put up 52 points on IU I think. I think IU wins this year and from there its back to a dogfight. Catch 22 for Purdue, if he sux he sux, if he's good he's gone. Already seen his name mentioned with the potential Ole Miss opening.

I'll give you some solid advice. Never take anything that hammer and rails says seriously. 90%+ of Purdue fans think he's a joke. No way in hell we put up 52 points against you guys. That'd be a lot even when we had Kyle Orton and Curtis Painter.

I'll give you some solid advice. Never take anything that hammer and rails says seriously. 90%+ of Purdue fans think he's a joke. No way in hell we put up 52 points against you guys. That'd be a lot even when we had Kyle Orton and Curtis Painter.

Especially with the best defense we've had in 25 years.

Well guys... here we are. We won, and we’re not not scared of your coach

"We're not not scared of your coach"........? Double negative which means you eliminate both negatives and are left with, "we're scared of your coach." Thank you for your honesty, we figured as much.

Well guys... here we are. We won, and we’re not not scared of your coach

Right on top of things aren't you...

You guys better worry about the Class Action lawsuit PETA is about file on behalf of all those sheep & cows Hass infected...

Now run along back to the rest of the appropriately named "Knuckleheads".

This has "Got to be" someone from our Athletic Department hoping to change the subject from the Spring Game fiasco.

Even a pu fan wouldn't be stupid enough to bother to respond to a 7/17 thread...

A guy on G&B called him, a "Poor mans Tom Crean". And, a "HS Coach."

We'll see how they feel when their defense is getting gashed for 500 yds a game.
well Brohm is a very good coach. He will likely be courted by much better programs if he can do in year 2 what he did in year 1. You better hope he leaves or Purdue will soon be a regular in the top 25. I love Tom Allen and he is building something special at IU, but we are also in the East and that will take him some time to show the fruits of his labors. Now if IU had Purdue's schedule then maybe we could have this argument, but IU doesn't. Whomever said Allen is Crean is a freaking idiot, but don't poke the bees nest bashing Brohm. That's a dumber argument than saying Allen and Crean are equal.

This has "Got to be" someone from our Athletic Department hoping to change the subject from the Spring Game fiasco.

Even a pu fan wouldn't be stupid enough to bother to respond to a 7/17 thread...

Yeah that was an interesting bump. Was interesting to read through some of the comments in this thread though. Brohm surpassed probably all expectations in year 1 I’d say.

You better hope he leaves or Purdue will soon be a regular in the top 25.
WTF are you smoking? This argument is just stupid. AGAIN Brohm hasn't done sh!t. Without Nick Holt who deserves to be a head coach in his own right purdue would not have done anything last year. Holt was a DC for USC, and Washington. How he ended up under Brohm at western kentucky is beyond me and brohm is damn lucky to have him. Lets see what brohm does without Holt. Brohm would be cleaning himself from the ankle to the rear end if Holt ever left him.

WTF are you smoking? This argument is just stupid. AGAIN Brohm hasn't done sh!t. Without Nick Holt who deserves to be a head coach in his own right purdue would not have done anything last year. Holt was a DC for USC, and Washington. How he ended up under Brohm at western kentucky is beyond me and brohm is damn lucky to have him. Lets see what brohm does without Holt. Brohm would be cleaning himself from the ankle to the rear end if Holt ever left him.
Dumb

Reactions: pboiler18
The guy we're/are all responding to is a fake and his post is no longer up.

The facts are simply these: we allowed them to take back the Bucket and we need to win it back.

If the Conditioning reports are accurate we are well on our way towards doing so.

Let's focus on our own team. We will get a shot at rectifying this missing Bucket problem in November.

We have plenty of holes to fill and problems to solve before that game rolls around...

Reactions: ESalum86
Well I agree, it takes an entire staff. I don’t think that anyone (besides may a FEW unrealistic Purdue fans) are giving him THAT MUCH credit. We know that it takes a team of guys to turn things around, and that their defense surpassed expectations. I have said for years that I thought they had decent physical talent, but people don’t truly understand how bad Hazel was. I thought that their players were naturally gifted, although they ranked low in the recruiting rankings under Hazel. The talent wasn’t the issue. Hazel didn’t know how to run a Big Ten program. CKW used to show the whole team their strength and conditioning workouts and he would start the video by saying “I don’t need anyone laughing at this”. Guys were tripping over themselves in the workouts. Guys were going half speed. Guys were knocking over cones. It looked like a middle school team. So when that is your training, it is no shock that you go 1-11. However, Brohm has to get credit for at least not being as bad as Hazel. What people don’t see is that they probably had 7-6 talent the whole time. Hazel was the primary issue. And next year, they’ll still have average 7-6 talent. No more, no less.

Reactions: IUgradman and 76-1

Petrino hired Holt to WKU. They had Idaho roots, and Petrino later hired him at Louisville and Arkansas.

Holt has a screw loose.
He will head-butt guys who are wearing helmets. Hard.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Saying Brohm hasn’t done shit is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

Petrino hired Holt to WKU. They had Idaho roots, and Petrino later hired him at Louisville and Arkansas.

Holt has a screw loose.
He will head-butt guys who are wearing helmets. Hard.

That's funny!

Sounds like that joker we had for a brief time as a coach under Dinardo. Ended up coaching the Detroit Lions DL and got caught doing something outrageous like drunk driving in the nude or some such bizarre activity.

Guess we have some more light entertainment eventually coming from W Laffy

Well I agree, it takes an entire staff. I don’t think that anyone (besides may a FEW unrealistic Purdue fans) are giving him THAT MUCH credit. We know that it takes a team of guys to turn things around, and that their defense surpassed expectations. I have said for years that I thought they had decent physical talent, but people don’t truly understand how bad Hazel was. I thought that their players were naturally gifted, although they ranked low in the recruiting rankings under Hazel. The talent wasn’t the issue. Hazel didn’t know how to run a Big Ten program. CKW used to show the whole team their strength and conditioning workouts and he would start the video by saying “I don’t need anyone laughing at this”. Guys were tripping over themselves in the workouts. Guys were going half speed. Guys were knocking over cones. It looked like a middle school team. So when that is your training, it is no shock that you go 1-11. However, Brohm has to get credit for at least not being as bad as Hazel. What people don’t see is that they probably had 7-6 talent the whole time. Hazel was the primary issue. And next year, they’ll still have average 7-6 talent. No more, no less.

Talent wasn’t the issue? Hazell couldn’t recruit, had no depth, and was a terrible coach. Saying they had 7-6 talent the whole time is not close to accurate.

The talent has increased under Brohm and will continue to increase. He’s repairing broken relationships in state and has gotten extremely talented players on campus that Hazell never came close to. Brohm is light years better than Hazell.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Saying Brohm hasn’t done shit is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.
JUST STOP!!! You look more foolish every time you post this sh!t. Holts been coaching since the 80's and has a 10x better resume than Brohm. This conversation is just stupid! What Holt did last year with the purdue clodhopper slow a$$ defense is just beyond ridiculous. Brohm did not improve the offensive side of the ball at all. But if it makes you malokes feel better coming over here and posting your BS go ahead. Our mods let you so why not. Jeeeez!

Reactions: IUgradman
JUST STOP!!! You look more foolish every time you post this sh!t. Holts been coaching since the 80's and has a 10x better resume than Brohm. This conversation is just stupid! What Holt did last year with the purdue clodhopper slow a$$ defense is just beyond ridiculous. Brohm did not improve the offensive side of the ball at all. But if it makes you malokes feel better coming over here and posting your BS go ahead. Our mods let you so why not. Jeeeez!

I know Holt did a great job. But to say Brohm didn’t do anything is hilarious. Beyond hilarious actually.

I know Holt did a great job. But to say Brohm didn’t do anything is hilarious. Beyond hilarious actually.
Done talking about it...I don't know how many more stats I have to throw at you folks. All you have is an opinion without factual based comments...Its 2018 A.D. Lets argue that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT