ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Fan here

You guys are lucky to be cheering for bowl and ncaa worthy teams. I am embarrassed to be a boiler.

Nope. There are three teams right now near the bottom of the conference in PU, UM, and OSU that can make a better case for NCAA tourney eligibility than we can at the moment. The cupcake pre-conference schedule makes games like the next two against MSU and Maryland vital to our chances.

Nope. There are three teams right now near the bottom of the conference in PU, UM, and OSU that can make a better case for NCAA tourney eligibility than we can at the moment. The cupcake pre-conference schedule makes games like the next two against MSU and Maryland vital to our chances.
OSU had a worse non con schedule than we did, Cletus. Maybe time to unslack that jaw.

Dude. Get a grip. OSU can’t make a better case right now, for sure. So stop being a drama queen little bitch.

We got a q1 and 2 q2 wins out of that schedule and depending on how La tech finishes, could be 3 q2 wins.

Even more important, we won't have a bad loss on our resume and will finish like that the rest of the way as we now have the second hardest schedule in the country the rest of the way. I'm fairly certain that schedule did us okay.

Right. Amazing how idiotic some of these haters are. Many of them say they just want IU to be elite again, but I think most are just jackass trolls.

Fans like you haven’t come to grips with how far the basketball program has fallen. That’s not my fault that you won’t face reality.

Lastly, I am no troll. I was in the Marching 100 and the basketball band during my four years at IU. Have been a fan for my whole life. I live and breathe IU basketball and football. I admit that I am disgruntled and negative, but it wouldn’t upset me so much if I didn’t care.

Reactions: cryano
Fans like you haven’t come to grips with how far the basketball program has fallen. That’s not my fault that you won’t face reality.

Lastly, I am no troll. I was in the Marching 100 and the basketball band during my four years at IU. Have been a fan for my whole life. I live and breathe IU basketball and football. I admit that I am disgruntled and negative, but it wouldn’t upset me so much if I didn’t care.

That's fine to be disgruntled but don't make assertions that you can't back up because IMO that crosses the line of being disgruntled into the hater realm. If you can back them up then make the case as to why OSU has a better resume than IU at this point.

I completely understand where we are compared to the past. I’ve been a fan for a long time. But I choose to enjoy the positives and support the team. You choose to tear them down at every turn. Some “fan” you are...

OSU had a worse non con schedule than we did, Cletus. Maybe time to unslack that jaw.
tenor.gif

Hoping you don’t really believe that.

IU top 6 non conference games

L Tech - (13-5)
SDST - (14-8)
Florida st - (16-2) #9
UConn - (10-7) - Neutral court
Notre Dame - (11-6) - Neutral court
Arkansas - (14-3)

1 ranked team, 2 neutral games, 0 road games

OSU top 6 non conference

Cincinnati - (11-7)
Villanova - (14-3) #14
Kent state - (13-5)
UNC - (8-9) - Road game
Kentucky - (13-4) - #10 - neutral court
West Virginia - (14-3) - #12 - neutral court

3 ranked (4 at the time of playing), 2 neutral, 1 road

a couple of the teams that don’t look as good now from OSU’s schedule (unc, Cincinnati) have double digit wins over some of IU’s strongest opponents (ND, UConn)

tenor.gif

Hoping you don’t really believe that.

IU top 6 non conference games

L Tech - (13-5)
SDST - (14-8)
Florida st - (16-2) #9
UConn - (10-7) - Neutral court
Notre Dame - (11-6) - Neutral court
Arkansas - (14-3)

1 ranked team, 2 neutral games, 0 road games

OSU top 6 non conference

Cincinnati - (11-7)
Villanova - (14-3) #14
Kent state - (13-5)
UNC - (8-9) - Road game
Kentucky - (13-4) - #10 - neutral court
West Virginia - (14-3) - #12 - neutral court

3 ranked (4 at the time of playing), 2 neutral, 1 road

a couple of the teams that don’t look as good now from OSU’s schedule (unc, Cincinnati) have double digit wins over some of IU’s strongest opponents (ND, UConn)

Why did you only include a portion of the Noncon? According to kenpom, the non conference schedules are indistinguishable.

But you have an agenda here so being honest isn’t in your best interest.

**** off

Why did you only include a portion of the Noncon? According to kenpom, the non conference schedules are indistinguishable.

**** off
I included over half. Do the cupcakes that teams play matter in the discussion? Would including Princeton, Troy, western Illinois, north Alabama, and Portland state actually matter? Serious question. Sorry the first post got under your skin so bad.

I think their top 6 are probably tougher than Purdue’s top 6 right now as well.

Texas
@ marquette
FSU - neutral
VCU - neutral
Virginia
Butler - neutral

they played a tough non conference slate. How do I have an agenda?

I included over half. Do the cupcakes that teams play matter in the discussion? Would including Princeton, Troy, western Illinois, north Alabama, and Portland state actually matter? Serious question. Sorry the first post got under your skin so bad.

I think their top 6 are probably tougher than Purdue’s top 6 right now as well.

Texas
@ marquette
FSU - neutral
VCU - neutral
Virginia
Butler - neutral

they played a tough non conference slate. How do I have an agenda?

This isn’t about what you think, feel, or want. It’s about facts. The one that matters says the schedules are the same.

Oh boy..

This isn’t about what you think, feel, or want. It’s about facts. The one that matters says the schedules are the same.
Lol ok. Haven’t looked at Kenpom but wasn’t he the one who had IU’s schedule dead last in college basketball for strength of schedule after the first 7 games?

I was looking at the Net ranking team sheets. The games from each team that you’re upset I didn’t add were all quad 4 games. Those don’t matter unless you lose. Quad 3 games sort of don’t matter but if I removed those then it would favor OSU more.

OSU in the non conference played 3 quad 1, 2 quad 2, and 1 quad 3 game. They played 4 games against top 25 teams and played away from home 3 times all against ranked teams.

Iu played 1 quad 1, 3 quad 2, and 2 quad 3. They played 1 game against a ranked opponent and left home 2 times against Unranked schools.

If this is about facts like you said then can you explain where I’m going wrong with this above? Should I be putting more weight into the games against the Portland states and Stetsons of the world? If you can lay out a good argument and convince me then I’d be fine admitting I’m wrong.

idk if you’re taking this as a bash against the team or not because it isn’t. I believe iu is a tournament team this season but I’m just saying that osu had a tougher non conference schedule.

**** off

Anything outside of quad 3 is worthless. The committee doesn’t care, unless you lose to a quad 4 (teams that should be in D2). The better measure is to break it down by quads.

Last edited:
It depends on which site you go by. I saw 2 which had the noncon SOS for both schools about the same but with OSU slightly stronger on each and another which had OSU's schedule much stronger.

So none had IU as having had a stronger noncon SOS but I guess how much stronger OSU's was is up for debate.

BTW, I'm pretty sure the OP isn't a Boiler fan. That username is a play on the username of Boiler fan mathboy.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Anything outside of quad 3 is worthless. The committee doesn’t care, unless you lose to a quad 4 (or teams that should be in D2). The better measure is to break it down by quads.

I tried to make this point with the folks ripping IU's FB non con as well.

If I play four teams with and avg ranking of 278 and you play four teams with an avg ranking of 215...your SOS is better than mine but it doesn't matter unless one of us loses one of those games. Those are eight cupcake wins.

Reactions: snarlcakes
I tried to make this point with the folks ripping IU's FB non con as well.

If I play four teams with and avg ranking of 278 and you play four teams with an avg ranking of 215...your SOS is better than mine but it doesn't matter unless one of us loses one of those games. Those are eight cupcake wins.

I agree. It’s why quad wins is a better measure in NCAA basketball. I think they should go a step further and punish teams (at least Power 5 schools) that play more than 2 (or whatever that number is).

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
What about Gonzaga?

A couple quick thoughts:

1. Conference games wouldn’t count against you.
2. You would have to develop some ranking (maybe a 3 year average or something) and base it off that prior to the season.
3. Any game you play on the road doesn’t count against you.
4. Lastly, any mid-majors that finish in top 50ish (average over 2 years?) are included with Power 5 (6) schools.

Dude. Get a grip. OSU can’t make a better case right now, for sure. So stop being a drama queen little bitch.

You really are a doorknob. OSU is ranked higher in all the brackets than Indiana. Purdue is the one he got wrong.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT