ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue extends Painter thru 2022!...

And yet they're all rumors to you. Of course, your claim of gargantuan donations gets you closer to the action, right? Ohio!

My suggestion is you read my post. They are rumors to you as well, except that as a small- minded person they become gossip for you.

commence yapping.

Looks as that Blue Blood label has left along time ago! If a Blue Blood really wants your recruit they can take them at will because the generation of history is gone...everything to them is the now.
Ask any respectable basketball analyst and they'll still say IU is a blue blood. You think it's gone because you are ripe with jealousy. We get it. Two Top 50 kids in the state just cut Purdue from their list. Ouch. That's gotta hurt. Hell, one is interested in engineering as well. Sucks to be a Purdue fan, huh? Arkansas Little Rock.

They've gotten just as far without those type of players. That might say something about coaching. And I'm still not happy with painter the last 2 seasons.
Uh, you had Hummel, Johnson and Moore. Two of those guys were Top 50 players. Moore was almost a 5* as IIRC, he was ranked in the upper 20's if not low 30's. You did have those types of players. They weren't lottery picks, but all three played in the NBA.

Ask any respectable basketball analyst and they'll still say IU is a blue blood. You think it's gone because you are ripe with jealousy. We get it. Two Top 50 kids in the state just cut Purdue from their list. Ouch. That's gotta hurt. Hell, one is interested in engineering as well. Sucks to be a Purdue fan, huh? Arkansas Little Rock.

Doesn't really hurt too bad actually. If we had made Wilkes list but ended up being number 10 and were cut next week, it wouldn't really change anything IMO. We were never getting Scruggs (not sure if Purdue has ever gotten someone from Southport) and Wilkes was always a long shot. Better to focus attention on guys we can land like Williams, Jackson, Eastern, Young, and Tillman. Don't you think?

This guy Jimmy isn't to bright...he's the one that started this thread. Also your wrong about CTC overall NCAA record at IU and CMP@ Purdue.
What's really funny is you saying someone else "isn't bright" while making more than one grammatical error in your post. Good old Purdue education there for you! Lulz.

Doesn't really hurt too bad actually. If we had made Wilkes list but ended up being number 10 and were cut next week, it wouldn't really change anything IMO. We were never getting Scruggs (not sure if Purdue has ever gotten someone from Southport) and Wilkes was always a long shot. Better to focus attention on guys we can land like Williams, Jackson, Eastern, Young, and Tillman. Don't you think?
Don't disagree with your last statement but the message of not even having them consider your schools isn't a good thing. You guys have plenty of opportunity at the guard spots and didn't get a real consideration. That's NOT good, IMO. It would be different if you had some studs at the guard/wing spot that weren't going to give up time, but both are multi year players. Really hurts Purdue, IMO.

My suggestion is you read my post. They are rumors to you as well, except that as a small- minded person they become gossip for you.

commence yapping.
They're only rumors to you, since you aren't aware of what actually goes on. Thats not the case for all of us, however.

And yet Crean has not taken Iu any farther in the Big Dance than Painter. Having the number one team in the country, draft picks 2 and 4, and got blasted in the Sweet 16.
Speaking of blasted, wasn't that the year IU blasted Purdue at Mackey by like 40?

Speaking of blasted, wasn't that the year IU blasted Purdue at Mackey by like 40?
Purdue did get blasted by IU. The difference being when Purdue was blasting IU, Painter called the dogs off while Crean up 40 was still pressing with under a minute to play. I guess the word is class.

Purdue did get blasted by IU. The difference being when Purdue was blasting IU, Painter called the dogs off while Crean up 40 was still pressing with under a minute to play. I guess the word is class.

Nothing says "class" like bouncing giant inflatable penises around Ross-Ade Stadium with little children in the crowd while watching Darrell Hazell lead your storied football program to another 1-11 season.

Oh...and that first down cheer that you all do..."1, 2, 3, first down bitc*"...and then the backhanded phantom misogynistic bitc* slap to the woman's face. That's class.

Good work. We'll take the Bucket again by the way...thanks in advance.

Nothing says "class" like bouncing giant inflatable penises around Ross-Ade Stadium with little children in the crowd while watching Darrell Hazell lead your storied football program to another 1-11 season.

Oh...and that first down cheer that you all do..."1, 2, 3, first down bitc*"...and then the backhanded phantom misogynistic bitc* slap to the woman's face. That's class.

So you're saying the behavior at Memorial Stadium is perfectly fine? Every stadium/fanbase has their share of idiots. I've been to several IU games at memorial and have run into plenty of idiots. Pretty ironic you're talking trash about football seeing as how you're one of (if not THE) worst D1 programs of all time. These last few years for us have been pretty much your entire history.

So you're saying the behavior at Memorial Stadium is perfectly fine? Every stadium/fanbase has their share of idiots. I've been to several IU games at memorial and have run into plenty of idiots. Pretty ironic you're talking trash about football seeing as how you're one of (if not THE) worst D1 programs of all time. These last few years for us have been pretty much your entire history.

The last few years have been BAD. With no end in sight. Oh Hazell, please stay forever.

And yet nothing about your coach running it up. You're ok with pressing a team down 40 with a minute to play. That's real class. Ask any coach.

No end in sight? He might not last this entire season lol. We will have a new AD and will have a new coach by next season at the latest. There's clearly an end in sight.

Because a new coach worked out so well last time. Purdue is in a deep hole that will take quite some time to climb out of.

Because a new coach worked out so well last time. Purdue is in a deep hole that will take quite some time to climb out of.

Not if we bring in a competent coach. We have brand new facilities that are on the way and will have a new AD that can hopefully generate some buzz. I'd be more worried if we still had Morgan Burke but we're all relieved that he's done.

No end in sight? He might not last this entire season lol. We will have a new AD and will have a new coach by next season at the latest. There's clearly an end in sight.
I heard your president is not in favor of firing coaches with time left on their contracts and pay coaches to do nothing.

don't see any thing wrong with it in college since both team have scholarships and should be on even playing grounds.

I can't find the quote but IIRC correctly Painter was asked about Crean running up the score and he said something to the effect of "It's up to us to play a full 40 minutes. It's up to us to stop them."

Reactions: Hoogolf
I can't find the quote but IIRC correctly Painter was asked about Crean running up the score and he said something to the effect of "It's up to us to play a full 40 minutes. It's up to us to stop them."
I had no problem in CTC first couple of years when we got killed and I never blamed the other team for running up the score.

I heard your president is not in favor of firing coaches with time left on their contracts and pay coaches to do nothing.

I've also heard our president is sick of losing and won't tolerate such ineptitude to continue. Besides, football is the cash cow of our athletic department and we can't afford to keep Hazell and watch as season ticket sales continue to plummet. Only reason he wasn't fired last year was due to his $6 million buyout.

I've also heard our president is sick of losing and won't tolerate such ineptitude to continue. Besides, football is the cash cow of our athletic department and we can't afford to keep Hazell and watch as season ticket sales continue to plummet. Only reason he wasn't fired last year was due to his $6 million buyout.

This year it's $4.6 million. I have trouble seeing Daniels pulling this trigger with that kind of buyout. MAYBE if he goes 1-11. But let's say Purdue wins 4 games. I'd bet that kind of progress would give him another year.

That is what I said, it is about the money and hazel still will have that buyout after this year.

Not if we bring in a competent coach. We have brand new facilities that are on the way and will have a new AD that can hopefully generate some buzz. I'd be more worried if we still had Morgan Burke but we're all relieved that he's done.

Brand new facilities? Hopefully you will hang on to that brown prescription athletic turf that dies every August. Also, good job on not having lights at the stadium...that's progress.

I've never had to, at Memorial Stadium, explain to my little girls what the giant inflatable penises are or why people are yelling "1,2,3 first down bitc*" and then feigning a backhanded slap like I would have to if I took them to WL.

I won't take my girls to a football game at Purdue. There would be too much explaining to do. Thank goodness the games aren't competitive anymore so no one is really missing anything.

This year it's $4.6 million. I have trouble seeing Daniels pulling this trigger with that kind of buyout. MAYBE if he goes 1-11. But let's say Purdue wins 4 games. I'd bet that kind of progress would give him another year.

Highly doubtful. Hazell would have to at least make a bowl game this year to maybe get one more year. Anything less than that and he's gone. You think the new AD would keep a lameduck coach around longer when he could start his tenure with a new coach? It's too costly to keep Hazell because ticket sales are so bad. We'll have to bite the bullet and pay the buyout.

Brand new facilities? Hopefully you will hang on to that brown prescription athletic turf that dies every August. Also, good job on not having lights at the stadium...that's progress.

Yeah we announced a $65 million upgrade back in the spring. Should help in a lot of ways and will be a nice situation for our new coach and AD to walk into.

When IU butt blasted the Broilees by 65 points in the 2 games that year, IU played the subs multiple minutes over the norm. IU called the dogs off, and the Broilees continued to embarrass themselves. Look up the box scores, IU subs played a ton. You can look it up, and quit the excuses and whining. What was funny was that Paint Crew chant with the Broilees down by 35 with 7 minutes to go. Priceless and could only happen in broileeland.

When IU butt blasted the Broilees by 65 points in the 2 games that year, IU played the subs multiple minutes over the norm. IU called the dogs off, and the Broilees continued to embarrass themselves. Look up the box scores, IU subs played a ton. You can look it up, and quit the excuses and whining. What was funny was that Paint Crew chant with the Broilees down by 35 with 7 minutes to go. Priceless and could only happen in broileeland.

How'd you come up with broilees? One of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

And yet nothing about your coach running it up. You're ok with pressing a team down 40 with a minute to play. That's real class. Ask any coach.
It did not happen. The game is on YouTube. Please rewatch. Revisionist history, plus you are whining and making excuses about a 35 point HOME loss! Oh, and it was Painter's 8th year to build that juggernaut program. The 2 games , home and home,IU won by a combined 65 points.

One thing IU and PU FB have in common is that they are both irrelevant outside of their own fan base. Fortunately for IU right now and for the forseeable future; their fan base, attendance, team, recruiting, facilities, and tailgating are all far superior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT