ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue extends Painter thru 2022!...

Each side feels the same way about extending the contracts. I hope Crean stays at Iu forever. I quit knocking the man on here and publicly said I wouldn't after Purdue's lack of success. I think Crean and Painter do enough to keep their jobs. That is assuming you're happy with Sweet 16's. I'm not but after the last 2 seasons it sounds nice. Neither has been further since Crean's arrival at Iu.

Each side feels the same way about extending the contracts. I hope Crean stays at Iu forever. I quit knocking the man on here and publicly said I wouldn't after Purdue's lack of success. I think Crean and Painter do enough to keep their jobs. That is assuming you're happy with Sweet 16's. I'm not but after the last 2 seasons it sounds nice. Neither has been further since Crean's arrival at Iu.

Yet Crean is at the flagship school of the state, a school with massive resources and facilities, plus is paid $3.5 mil/yr.

What is wrong with this picture?

Most of the B1G coaches and fans would agree with you.

Crean will likely get a similar extension for recruiting purposes. Only reason these "extensions" happen.

Yup. *projectile vomits*

puking_brian-gap.jpg

great news.

Not seeing too much of a difference between Painter and Keady. Can't really say too much, though, because Crean and Painter are two peas in a pod. However, at least Painter has a basketball playing history, and Painter does have more of an excuse since Purdue doesn't have IU's history or expectations.

If IU hit a home run hire, the win loss difference in the rivalry could be erased relatively quickly: that is the bummer.

Reactions: choptalk
Purdue had to do something. Extend or move on. He may be doing as well as someone could do at Purdue. He might be the best coach that would coach there. It would take a top recruiter and good coach to build a lasting program at Purdue. It is a tough sell in West Lafayette for recruits with their lack of national success and low profile. Swanigan was a good get for Painter and gave them some hope for next year.

Reactions: Big Red Believer
However, at least Painter has a basketball playing history
What does that have to do with anything? It's ok to never get past the Sweet 16 if you wore short shorts in the early 90s? How is that relevant at all?

Not seeing too much of a difference between Painter and Keady. Can't really say too much, though, because Crean and Painter are two peas in a pod. However, at least Painter has a basketball playing history, and Painter does have more of an excuse since Purdue doesn't have IU's history or expectations.

If IU hit a home run hire, the win loss difference in the rivalry could be erased relatively quickly: that is the bummer.
Let's put the brakes on a little. The greatest coach In your history had a losing record to keady. No "home run hire" would erase your losing record quickly as you put it.

Let's put the brakes on a little. The greatest coach In your history had a losing record to keady. No "home run hire" would erase your losing record quickly as you put it.

Ah yes, the Keady vs. Knight standard Purdue defense. Nice.

Sure, nevermind the overall success of each coach when compared against one another. I'm surprised you didn't mention dusty banners. Maybe that's what you were going to next...?

Besides, didn't those vacated wins bring the record back to even?

Or are you too young to know who Luther Clay was...?

Ah yes, the Keady vs. Knight standard Purdue defense. Nice.

Sure, nevermind the overall success of each coach when compared against one another. I'm surprised you didn't mention dusty banners. Maybe that's what you were going to next...?

Besides, didn't those vacated wins bring the record back to even?

Or are you too young to know who Luther Clay was...?
Well, dusty banners is clearly accurate. Approaching 30 years since the last one. Yes, I know that's more than Purdue can say. When though do you stop clinging to them and realize that with all the advantages Crean has he still hasn't gone any further than Purdue during his time at IU? I remember Luther Clay. I suppose you remember not too long ago when Crean's practices almost needed to be at the Bloomington police station. Both programs have their warts. Can we agree on that?

Well, dusty banners is clearly accurate. Approaching 30 years since the last one. Yes, I know that's more than Purdue can say. When though do you stop clinging to them and realize that with all the advantages Crean has he still hasn't gone any further than Purdue during his time at IU? I remember Luther Clay. I suppose you remember not too long ago when Crean's practices almost needed to be at the Bloomington police station. Both programs have their warts. Can we agree on that?

Do you think IU fans are happy with Crean? Just like you said BlueBlood resources, mediocre results.

Reactions: choptalk

Your post implies that I'm squarely in the CBL camp. I am not. By a wide margin.

I was simply responding to the Knight vs. Keady comparison made by one of your PUke brethren.
It is disgustingly laughable that any of you would have the audacity to even mention said "dusty banners" considering the closest your program has ever come to one was being "voted" National Champion by a bunch of bakers in the 1930's. But I digress.

My question re: Luther Clay wasn't to you. It was to your sh!thead fellow fan who actually wanted to compare Bob Knight to Gene Keady. A comparison so one-sided that to even bring it up is to defy all logic and reason (must be why Purdue fans are so apt to do so).

Yes, I remember quite well the transgressions that have taken place under Crean's leadership, and I was never happy about them. A major reason why I would absolutely be in favor of his prompt removal as head coach. But, despite those "warts", I can't remember Indiana having to vacate any wins...

Helm's Logic...

Your post implies that I'm squarely in the CBL camp. I am not. By a wide margin.

I was simply responding to the Knight vs. Keady comparison made by one of your PUke brethren.
It is disgustingly laughable that any of you would have the audacity to even mention said "dusty banners" considering the closest your program has ever come to one was being "voted" National Champion by a bunch of bakers in the 1930's. But I digress.

My question re: Luther Clay wasn't to you. It was to your sh!thead fellow fan who actually wanted to compare Bob Knight to Gene Keady. A comparison so one-sided that to even bring it up is to defy all logic and reason (must be why Purdue fans are so apt to do so).

Yes, I remember quite well the transgressions that have taken place under Crean's leadership, and I was never happy about them. A major reason why I would absolutely be in favor of his prompt removal as head coach. But, despite those "warts", I can't remember Indiana having to vacate any wins...
I was just responding, not aiming anything at you. We'd kill to have the banners, yes. Yes, Knight's resume is better than Keady's but a lot of IU fans sure got tired of Knight. I sure would hope Purdue would never stoop so low as to hire someone like Sampson. Winning at all costs was what that hire was all about. Also, putting up with Knight's behavior was about winning at all cost. Thank you for stating you being in favor of his prompt removal. That takes guts on here.
I think I'm going to like the new regime on this forum. The old was a bit too sensitive. It's nice to state an opinion without being worried about the next time on here. Peace. .

I was just responding, not aiming anything at you. We'd kill to have the banners, yes. Yes, Knight's resume is better than Keady's but a lot of IU fans sure got tired of Knight. I sure would hope Purdue would never stoop so low as to hire someone like Sampson. Winning at all costs was what that hire was all about. Also, putting up with Knight's behavior was about winning at all cost. Thank you for stating you being in favor of his prompt removal. That takes guts on here.
I think I'm going to like the new regime on this forum. The old was a bit too sensitive. It's nice to state an opinion without being worried about the next time on here. Peace. .

The only ones on this site not in favor of his prompt removal are the Orange sucking CBLs who have Purdue level expectations for the program.

If the IU expectation was so high why would it take so many coaches after RMK to get that final piece? Let's be honest the last 30 yrs has been lower then what the avg fan base wants by both standards. If IU was such a high priority then every 5 star or stud from Indiana would be knocking on that door!

Last edited:
Looks as that Blue Blood label has left along time ago! If a Blue Blood really wants your recruit they can take them at will because the generation of history is gone...everything to them is the now.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
If the IU expectation was so high why would it take so many coaches after RMK to get that final piece? Let's be honest the last 30 yrs has been lower then what the avg fan base wants by both standards. If IU was such a high priority then every 5 star or stud from IU would be knocking on that door!

Ask UCLA about how hard it is to replace a legend. It still bugs Purdue fans that even during our down time that we are way more relevant on the national scene than Purdue has ever been. You guys have had around 2 or 3 McDonalds AA in the last 25 years and you want to talk trash about IU recruiting.

No..it has to do with reality. What significant lasting change has IU done in the last 30 yrs? Sustainable change..not a hit or miss? BTW..I said both programs not just IU. That's why irrational fans could never be a coach or an AD because..you need to be rational.

Looks as that Blue Blood label has left along time ago! If a Blue Blood really wants your recruit they can take them at will because the generation of history is gone...everything to them is the
now.

Love that PU fans believe that opposed to the national Media who love to do stories on IU at any opportunity.

As stated before blue blood pay, fan base, recruiting pool, resources & facilities.... Only missing piece, I think you know that answer.

IU hoops alone generates more revenue than PU hoops & FB combined. As DD states after dumb PU callers. PU fans either choose to ignore what IUBB is or they are too dumb to understand.

Many wanted RMK out in the later yrs of his coaching correct? Name a coach the majority of the fan base has said "This is a great coach"? Or even a long term coach.

If the IU expectation was so high why would it take so many coaches after RMK to get that final piece? Let's be honest the last 30 yrs has been lower then what the avg fan base wants by both standards. If IU was such a high priority then every 5 star or stud from Indiana would be knocking on that door!

those 3 coaches are...
1. Mike Davis - has a final 4... Does CMP?
2. Sampson - preseason #8 with 2nd best HS player coming (EG) in his second year.
3. Crean - 3 sw16

That's not bad for a program that has been in shambles. So we're clearly not at IU standards & it still beats anything PU has done in 36 years. Lol

Many wanted RMK out in the later yrs of his coaching correct? Name a coach the majority of the fan base has said "This is a great coach"?
Or even a long term coach.

Typical PU response.... That's the bitter PU line.

I find it funny you cherry pick every question and tweak it to reflect me bashing IU but I have not...in fact you have done that. IU should get top notch recruits in the state of Indiana correct? Nationally correct? Be in the tournament every yr correct? Get further then the sweet 16 after winning multiple B1G Championships correct? Get a coach the fan base desires? This is what irrational thinking does for you.

I believe no one wanted MD as coach, Sampson was on probation before hire...fan base hated, CTC I like and think is a good coach but many would differ because he hasn't sustained success by fan base standards.

Reactions: Hoogolf
I believe no one wanted MD as coach, Sampson was on probation before hire...fan base hated, CTC I like and think is a good coach but many would differ because he hasn't sustained success by fan base standards.
Completely agree with this except, Crean. I supported Crean until 18 months of arrests. You can't fail on & off the court.

Yet Davis went to the championship game which something that Keady could never do. Davis is probably one of the worst coaches in IU history and made the championship game and Keady which is probably the best coach at PU couldn't do it.

I find it funny you cherry pick every question and tweak it to reflect me bashing IU but I have not...in fact you have done that. IU should get top notch recruits in the state of Indiana correct? Nationally correct? Be in the tournament every yr correct? Get further then the sweet 16 after winning multiple B1G Championships correct? Get a coach the fan base desires? This is what irrational thinking does for you.

What did I cherry pick? Please be specific.
I address the "blue blood", then the coaches after RMK.... What else are you saying?

Keady never did...your correct! But the same could be said for CTC with a #1 seed and 2 top 4 picks and once again I Like CTC. I would say he just coached his best yr. I can see the difference...have a good night fellas!

Keady never did...your correct! But the same could be said for CTC with a #1 seed and 2 top 4 picks and once again I Like CTC. I would say he just coached his best yr. I can see the difference...have a good night fellas!

Be honest, you like TC cause you want him as IU's coach. If I'm a PU fan, I don't blame you.

Completely untrue! From the Sampson debacle..he has IU going atleast in the right direction. The recruits he has gotten haven't all panned out but he is trying. The recruits that have gotten into trouble are kids being kids...and need better mentoring from home rather than the coach. I like CMP for the same because I feel he has adjusted with some bad recruits that didn't like the system. They both have a huge task but some think it's easier said than done.

Completely untrue! From the Sampson debacle..he has IU going atleast in the right direction. The recruits he has gotten haven't all panned out but he is trying. The recruits that have gotten into trouble are kids being kids...and need better mentoring from home rather than the coach. I like CMP for the same because I feel he has adjusted with some bad recruits that didn't like the system. They both have a huge task but some think it's easier said than done.

I was joking for what it's worth. My emoji did not post. I too don't think TC is terrible, but I don't think he is the guy who takes IU back to the top. Like crazy UK fans back with Billy G... IU fans are feeling the same just at a slower pace.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT