ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue expanding alcohol sales at Ross-Ade

No surprise-we pay McRobbie 2x what they pay Mitch. Why??? Met that guy at the Final 4 in Atlanta-he acted so put out that I asked for a photo with him. Who would have thought the Pukes would ever kick our asses in hoops?

No surprise-we pay McRobbie 2x what they pay Mitch. Why??? Met that guy at the Final 4 in Atlanta-he acted so put out that I asked for a photo with him. Who would have thought the Pukes would ever kick our asses in hoops?
McRobbie is definitely not a sports fan.

McRobbie is an academic, Mitch is an operations manager. Mitch is not a long term solution for PU but exactly what they needed at the time.

One of the big issues to get fans to attend and stay at games is time. The NFL model of three hour game times works so well for a reason! I know we get a ton of money from BTN, but 20 minute halftimes and the ridiculously long commercial breaks are killers.

I only go to one or two games a year at most because of the time spent (I live in Elkhart). If I arrive within 30 minutes of kickoff and leave shortly after the game ends, factoring in a stop for dinner, I'm looking at a 14 hour day. Maybe not long for some of you, but my 20's left me loooong ago!

Mitch has been an excellent president. A home run hire to say the least.

Trust me, I agree that he was the right guy at the time PU needed him. Cordova was a hot mess.

I have worked on various projects with MD since his Lilly days and supported him from a backchannel perspective in his defeat of Kernan. I supported (in small backchannel ways) his appointment as PU President. PU badly needed a good financial and operations manager, which is exactly what MD is.

Longer term they will require a return to a more academic leader, but MD is exactly what you needed at the time and he has done a nice job.

Mitch has been an excellent president. A home run hire to say the least.
MD has done a great job at Purdue, albeit with a specific mission. McRobbie is overwhelmingly focused on fundraising, and he's adept at it. Been around him quite a bit and he's impressive, though he cares little for sports. His wife, on the other hand, is a pretty big fan.

MD has done a great job at Purdue, albeit with a specific mission. McRobbie is overwhelmingly focused on fundraising, and he's adept at it. Been around him quite a bit and he's impressive, though he cares little for sports. His wife, on the other hand, is a pretty big fan.

Oh he's impressive for sure. I love what Mitch has done. We just landed a huge $52 million deal with Lilly which was impressive.

Oh he's impressive for sure. I love what Mitch has done. We just landed a huge $52 million deal with Lilly which was impressive.

MD was a controversial hire due in part to his politics. He has won over many detractors.

He'll never totally win over the faculty, even at a relatively conservative school like Purdue, and his expense initiatives will run counter to much of what constitutes the norm of higher education, making his shelf life there likely light, but he'll set the table nicely for the next guy. I know a current PU trustee and he and the board love MD.

He'll never totally win over the faculty, even at a relatively conservative school like Purdue, and his expense initiatives will run counter to much of what constitutes the norm of higher education, making his shelf life there likely light, but he'll set the table nicely for the next guy. I know a current PU trustee and he and the board love MD.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo

how many of those PU trustees who love MD, including your acquaintance, were appointed PU trustees by MD at some time?

how many of those PU trustees who love MD, including your acquaintance, were appointed PU trustees by MD at some time?
No idea about any of the others, but my friend was not. He was elected to the BOT and never held political office in Indiana. He is, in fact, a resident of another state, though he's a Purdue alumnus.

Purdue football has lost to IU every year since The Haze was hired. It ought to be mandatory to purchase alcohol if you are going to watch Purdue football. Brohm has inherited a hot mess, but he will turn it around. And soon.

Agree re the turnaround. It's nice knowing it really can't get worse.

Purdue football has lost to IU every year since The Haze was hired. It ought to be mandatory to purchase alcohol if you are going to watch Purdue football. Brohm has inherited a hot mess, but he will turn it around. And soon.

Decades of the same is what created the tailgate scene at IU where there are almost as many in the lots as there are in the stadium. Interesting that Glass upgraded the tailgate lots in addition to the many stadium upgrades.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you don't think the president of Indiana University should be well paid because he didn't want to take a picture with you? He's well paid because he's a really good university president. He's not a sports fan, but he supports the teams and certainly wants them to succeed. He goes to games. I'll never understand why some of our fans seem to think that his number one goal is to pimp the athletics department. He has a University to run.

Also, Purdue leads the all-time series with us in basketball and has more Big Ten titles than we do. Yet you can't grasp the concept that they could possibly beat us?

so far, and "so far" includes this and every other of the hundred times this has come up here, the only reason that anyone has come up with for no pass outs, is because someone else doesn't allow them.

if the zealots can't come up with anything better than that, then go get a life, and quit trying to impose yourself on everyone else's.
Zealots? What is with you? It is pretty rare in this day and age to allow pass outs at a stadium. Most other fan bases don't seem to have a problem with it. Sell beer and it won't be an issue.

It is going to happen eventually, and I will be bumbed out when it does. It won't change behavior of those that leave and don't come back...it only hurts fans like me that do come back. I might buy cheap singles on the way in so I can leave and come back in. Occasionally we have extras especially for lesser games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT