ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue 3-point shooting percentage

BabyHoop

Newcomer
Mar 19, 2021
Didn't realize Purdue went from #291 in 3-point percentage last year to #1 this year. If Purdue can do it, can't IU?

Midway through every single Boilers practice, Painter shouts, “Five-minute 3 drill, let's go.” It is pretty self-explanatory — for five minutes, the Boilermakers shoot 3s and nothing but 3s. (Via purduesports.com)

Certainly is interesting. Can be done.

And the single Grad transfer PU brought in was a minor defense oriented guard that shot in the low 30’s the year previous. He just fit from his interview. Joyful, fun kid. Just lost his old man. Failed to mention money at all so Painter took him over plenty others.
(Was interviewed last week.)

He’s getting money for sure but emphasize it and it seems Purdue moves on. That will catch up to them like it or not.

They had/have the shooters in house.
But thankfully they missed everything in March last year.
Gripped. Freshman. Happens.

Doesn’t seem to be the case at the moment.

So yes — if you emphasize it — it can be done.

Reactions: BabyHoop
Certainly is interesting. Can be done.

And the single Grad transfer PU brought in was a minor defense oriented guard that shot in the low 30’s the year previous. He just fit from his interview. Joyful, fun kid. Just lost his old man. Failed to mention money at all so Painter took him over plenty others.
(Was interviewed last week.)

He’s getting money for sure but emphasize it and it seems Purdue moves on. That will catch up to them like it or not.

They had/have the shooters in house.
But thankfully they missed everything in March last year.
Gripped. Freshman. Happens.

Doesn’t seem to be the case at the moment.

So yes — if you emphasize it — it can be done.
Practice helps, but the biggest factor in PU's 3 pt shooting is Edey drawing defenders in. They're just learning how to play even more effectively with him. I have trouble believing they were ever 291, and don't care enough to look it up, but the guy who doesn't take 3s is the biggest reason they are a good 3 pt shooting team.

Practice helps, but the biggest factor in PU's 3 pt shooting is Edey drawing defenders in. They're just learning how to play even more effectively with him. I have trouble believing they were ever 291, and don't care enough to look it up, but the guy who doesn't take 3s is the biggest reason they are a good 3 pt shooting team.
As percentages tend to work it was last year as it is this year about makes.

They took plenty.
I don’t look things up either but I’d assume because their style of play is largely unchanged that they took just about as many last year as this.
Probably more this year with the confidence/success etc.

But it’s about makes.

As percentages tend to work it was last year as it is this year about makes.

They took plenty.
I don’t look things up either but I’d assume because their style of play is largely unchanged that they took just about as many last year as this.
Probably more this year with the confidence/success etc.

But it’s about makes.
I seem to remember Loyer struggling with his shot late last season, and I think Braden's become a much more confident shooter. Jones has been a great add, but I think his influence is more on the defensive and chemistry side. Great pickup.

They were.

Reactions: steelyvan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT